Aw, spring. The birds are chirping. The grass is green. The sky is blue. Gentle winds….wait a second!
There is still snow on the ground.
Yes, it’s true- spring may not have actually “sprung” yet, but the calendar says that spring begins today!
I’m sure Mother Nature will get the memo soon enough.
So, in the spirit of organization, let’s talk about changing seasons in the kitchen. Here are 5 things we can do to welcome spring:
- Find out where the farmers’ markets are in your area and when they’ll be opening. Mark down the market dates and times on your calendar to remind you to get down there with your tote bags. (Get a spring market list below!)
- Spring clean your kitchen! Some simple ideas:
-Clean your fridge (check out my tips here)
-Clear off your counters for more workspace
-Organize your pantry (check out my tips here, here, and here)
- Spring clean your taste buds. If you’ve gotten out of the habit of eating lots of fresh vegetables and green salads, now is the time to start again!
- Commit to a new clean eating goal, such as:
-I’m going to start drinking green smoothies.
-I’m going to lower my sugar intake.
-I’m going to eat a good breakfast every morning.
- Buy yourself some spring tulips to reward yourself for being such an awesome person.
Some fun things to share on this wonderful Friday:
- This breathtaking piece of art by Jacqueline Milner. She says it reminds her of Cinderella’s chariot and I couldn’t agree more! Check out the rest of the series here.
- This awesome spring cleaning project by Tessa at TheTwoPinteresters, inspired by my post on organizing your spice collection.
- A printable spring produce shopping list to bring with you to the market. Just download and print.