If you want to maintain a fortification of security for your home or business, you’ll need sophisticated cameras inside and outside. In this article, we’re going to talk about the biggest names in the industry. Which camera is better Foscam or Amcrest?
We’ve tested out all of these products while searching through the most popular security cameras on the market. We’ll start with a comprehensive review of Foscam R2 vs Amcrest ProHD to see which company makes the best camera for indoor security.
FOSCAM Outdoor PTZ (4x Optical Zoom) HD 1080P WiFi Security Camera – Pan Tilt Wireless IP Camera with Night Vision up to 196ft, IP66 Weatherproof Shell, WDR, Motion Alerts, and More (FI9928P)
In this Foscam FI9928P 1080P PTZ dome review, you’ll discover impressive night vision, storage, and more.
In addition to sturdy waterproof housing, these cameras have 4X optical zoom capabilities. The point, tilt, and zoom features of this Foscam camera are truly remarkable, and the camera has worthy night vision capabilities.
The night vision for this camera is rated at 196 feet, but it’s not as good as the Amcrest model.
Foscam’s outdoor camera is equipped with smart technology that will avoid sending alert messages for false alarms. It has free local storage, and the company offers an enticing plan for unlimited cloud storage.
- If you use an Alexa at your home or work, you’ll be delighted to find out that this camera is compatible with Google’s voice-controlled system.
- In addition to having AI assistance, Foscam gives you seven days of storage for free, so you will be able to see what it’s like to store your video files on their cloud. Unlike Amcrest’s camera, Foscam’s cloud advertises unlimited storage capabilities.
- The night vision for this camera is just over half as far as the Amcrest model we’ll be reviewing next. The outdoor camera from Foscam has the same shortcoming in terms of shooting at a diminished 25 FPS (compared to Amcrest’s outdoor camera that shoots at 30 FPS).
- While it has optical zoom capabilities, they don’t compare to what is offered with Amcrest’s model.
The storage options offered by Foscam are truly exhilarating. This camera is equipped with state-of-the-art motion-sensing technology; it uses a Sony Starvis image sensor.
Foscam’s outdoor camera has great video resolution, and it shoots in 1080P HD. Combine all of this with an ironclad waterproof housing, and you’ve got a solid camera that will be able to record during a hurricane.View at Amazon
Amcrest 2MP Outdoor PTZ POE + IP Camera Pan Tilt Zoom (Optical 25x Motorized) ProHD POE+ Camera Security Speed Dome
Amcrest’s PoE camera is one of the best outdoor security cameras because of its impressive zoom capabilities, and this camera has an unbelievable distance for its night vision. Since the camera connects through Ethernet cables, you won’t have to worry about it losing power.
While the Foscam has some impressive specs, Amcrest’s optical zoom capabilities are spectacular. Amcrest has a 12X optical zoom lens, which is three times better than Foscam’s lens. The pan and tilt features of Amcrest’s outdoor camera are five degrees better.
- If you want a camera that has high-quality surveillance capabilities, Amcrest is the right choice for you. In addition to its powerful optical zoom lens, this camera has a stunning night vision capable of reaching up to 328 feet.
- Similar to their indoor camera, Amcrest’s outdoor camera shoots at 30 FPS.
- Although there is an option for cloud storage, Amcrest doesn’t advertise unlimited storage capabilities. If storage is a big concern for you, then you might want to look closer to what is offered from Foscam.
It’s no surprise that this Amcrest outdoor PTZ camera compares to their indoor camera in terms of specs and features. The zoom capabilities are remarkable, and this camera shoots at a better frame rate than the Foscam camera.View at Amazon
FOSCAM Home Security Camera R4S 4MP WiFi IP Camera, Wireless Baby Monitor with AI Human Detection Sound Detection 33ft Night Vision 2 Way Audio Camera Compatible with Alexa Black
If you have pets at home, this camera is ideal because you’ll be able to keep an eye on what is happening around the house. PTZ cameras for indoor use give you control over panning, tilting, and zooming to get a better look at your surroundings.
This camera is perfect for people that like privacy because you have the option of hiding the lens.
When you’re using the camera lens to monitor your property, you’ll be able to make impressive adjustments to alter where it’s pointed. Foscam’s indoor camera has 100 degrees of tilt and 350 degrees of panning capabilities.
The motion sensor for Foscam’s indoor camera uses a state-of-the-art algorithm, and it sends an alert directly to your device. If it detects a person on your property, you’ll receive a notification on your phone.
- It has 1080P resolution, which is available in crisp HD format. Notifications will be sent to your email, cloud, or app. It’s easy to set up and use the Foscam; the power adapter (included) plugs directly into any outlet.
- The FPS for this camera is slightly lower than the Amcrest model. Foscam’s indoor camera shoots at 25 FPS, and Amcrest is at 30 FPS. The night vision is a little less than Amcrest’s as well.
In this Foscam R2 1080P review, you’ve seen how this product fails to compare to Amcrest in terms of its specs, such as FPS. However, it’s an affordable option that comes with a one-year warranty. It also has a brilliant motion detector that captures a picture of the disturbance to use as a notification for the alert.View at Amazon
Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL) Indoor Pan/Tilt Security Wireless IP Camera IP2M-841B (Black)
In this Amcrest security camera review, we’ll unlock the features that make this product better than its competitor. Amcrest offers a legitimate way to monitor the inside of your home. It’s equipped with audio and video capabilities, which you’ll be able to access from anywhere on the planet that has reception.
With this indoor camera, you’ll be able to watch live streams of your living room. In order to start viewing the feed, all you need to do is download the Amcrest app and log into your account. There’s also a unique option to store your video files on a secure Amazon/Amcrest server. This product comes with lifetime support and a one-year warranty.
- This camera shoots at 30 FPS, which is slightly more than the Foscam (25 FPS). The night vision is rated at 32 feet, which is six feet more than Foscam’s model.
- The viewing angle of this camera is 90 degrees, which is one degree more than what is offered by the competition.
- While this is an impressive camera, it is hard to keep long videos on a card.
- A cloud is an option, but if you want to store on SD cards, you’ll need to reconfigure the settings to record more than 17 hours on a 32-gigabyte card.
Amcrest’s nanny camera packs an impressive combination of specs, including better FPS and night vision. If you are concerned about the quality of the video, this is a reliable choice.View at Amazon
Insights and Takeaways
It’s time to decide which type of camera will help you feel safe. If you’re worried about people breaking into your property, you should look at one of the outdoor security cameras. If you want to know what is happening inside of your building, either one of the indoor cameras will help you feel more secure about pets, children, nannies, maids, and more.
While neither of the outdoor cameras we’ve reviewed has audio capabilities, both of the indoor cameras record audio. If you need audio of an outdoor area, you’ll have to come up with another solution. However, both outdoor cameras shoot in 1080P HD, so you’ll have exquisite video surveillance of your property.
Also, both of the outdoor cameras have a reliable IP66 waterproof rating. That rating means these machines are built to keep free of dust, and the metal housing should hold up during a hurricane.