Table of Contents Show
- Best 8 Channel Home Security Camera Systems:
- XVIM 8CH 1080P Wired Security Camera System Outdoor with 1TB Hard Drive Pre-Install CCTV Recorder 8pcs HD 1920TVL Outdoor Home Surveillance Cameras Night Vision Easy Remote Access Motion Alert
- 1080P Wireless Security Camera System, Firstrend 8CH Wireless NVR System with 8pcs 1080P HD Security Camera and 3TB Hard Drive Pre-Installed,P2P Wireless Security System for Indoor and Outdoor Use
- ANNKE 5MP Lite Security Camera System Outdoor 8 Channel H.265+ DVR and 8X1920TVL IP66 Weatherproof Home CCTV Cameras, Smart Playback, Instant Email Alert with Images, 1TB Hard Drive – E200
- Security Camera System Wireless, 4TB Hard Drive Pre-Install 8 Channel 1080P NVR, 8PCS 1080P 2.0MP CCTV WI-FI IP Cameras for Homes,OHWOAI HD Surveillance Video Security System.
- EZVIZ Smart Home 1080p Security System, 8 Weatherproof HD 1080p Cameras, 8 Channel DVR 1TB HDD, 100ft Night Vision, Work
- The Takeaway
So, there’s been a couple of burglaries in your area, or you want to safeguard your property. The most effective and cost-effective way to do this is by installing an eight-channel home security camera system. These systems are so effective that according to research, 60% of burglars don’t go into homes that have security cameras.
Unfortunately, shopping for an eight-channel home security camera system is harder than it seems. You have to comb through hundreds of choices, and with every brand out there marketing their system as the best, you might end up spending a lot of money on a substandard design.
Read on as we tell you about five of the best eight-channel home security camera systems on the market.
Best 8 Channel Home Security Camera Systems:
What captures your eyes about this security camera system is its classic design and sturdy-looking metal casing.
This 8 channel security camera system features eight 2MP security cameras with night vision. All cameras are IP66 weatherproof certified, so you can install them pretty much anywhere you want.
This system comes with three different modes. You can set it at auto, manual, or motion detection recording. You can choose based on your preference. It also comes with a downloadable app that enables you to monitor your home remotely at any time.
One of the best things about these cameras is they come loaded with IR cut filters that give you accurate color in all lighting conditions.
Consumers are impressed by its features and ease of installation and use. There are, however, a few concerns about the cable quality. The cables are not properly shielded, causing them to pick up electrical interference, affecting the video quality.
- It is effortless to install and use
- It has excellent video quality
- It is IP66 weatherproof certified
- The cable quality is a bit cheap
Wireless connectivity, clear images, and convenience. That is what you get with this wireless security system. The system includes eight 1080p HD cameras and an eight-channel 1080p NVR recorder with 3TB worth of storage capacity. (The storage capacity can be upgraded to 4TB )
One of the best things about this eight-channel home security camera system is its ease of use. It comes pre-paired, you only need to plug it in. To use it, you first need to join the cameras and NVR to a power supply. Later, connect the security system to a TV/PC monitor.
Another cool feature of this camera system is its remote monitoring and playback capability. It is compatible with both Android and IOS devices, making it possible for you to monitor your home, even when you’re away. It also supports motion detection, video backup, and sync-playback. Once the motion detector is triggered, you get an email notification through the app.
All eight security cameras have a night vision capability of up to 65ft. They are also weatherproof, so you can install them anywhere you want.
On the downside, although this is a wireless system, both the NVR and cameras need to be connected to a power outlet for them to function.
Consumers like its picture quality, storage capacity, and the fact that it’s pretty easy to install. Some people claim that the app is unreliable in terms of connectivity. It is also prone to crashing.
- It is weatherproof
- The system has 1080P HD cameras
- It supports remote monitoring and playback
- The system has a storage capacity that is expandable to 4TB
- The app is a bit unreliable
- You still need to connect the cameras to a power outlet.
The ANNKE 5MP Security System features eight HD 5MP cameras. The system provides you with crystal clear images, both day and night, with a night vision range of up to 100ft. If that’s not impressive enough, it also comes with H.265+ coding that improves its efficiency in compression and transmission without sacrificing video quality.
This high-quality DVR security System comes loaded with ANKE safety protocols and hackproof encryptions in terms of security. This guarantees your privacy by protecting the stream from hackers.
This security camera system supports remote monitoring and playback through the ANNKE vision app like our previous picks. That, along with the 1TB HDD, makes this system pretty straightforward and convenient to use.
The security system is easy to install. They also like the video quality and are amazed by the video clarity at night. There are, however, a few complaints about the quality of the cameras. Some people claim that the material is very cheap, making it prone to harsh weather.
- It has Impressive video quality, even at night
- It is effortless to install
- The camera has a night vision range of 100ft
- The quality of the construction material is pretty cheap
If you are in the market for an all-in-one 8 camera wireless home security system, this is the product for you. This security system features eight security cameras and a 12″ full HD 1080P monitor.
All eight 2MP bullet cameras record in 1080P format to give you crystal clear images, both day and night. They have a night vision range of up to 15 meters and are IP66 weatherproof certified.
This security camera system allows you to customize your detection plan for each camera. This minimizes false alarms in email notifications. The HeimKits app is available for both android and IOS devices and allows you to monitor and configure all eight cameras remotely.
The NVR can support a 6TB HDD. Unfortunately, the HDD is not included in the package and has to be purchased separately.
Consumers like the fact that the system is straightforward to set up. They are also impressed by the image quality and clarity of the 12” monitor. On the downside, some consumers expressed their concerns over the effectiveness of the motion detection feature.
- The security camera has clear images, both day and night
- It comes with a 12” 1080P display monitor
- The system can support a 6TB hard drive
- It does not come with a hard drive
- The motion detection feature is a bit unreliable.
As our runners-up, we have the EZVIZ Surveillance System. This security camera system is among the best 8 channel cctv dvr. It comes equipped with a 1TB hard drive, so you don’t have to worry about running out of storage space any time soon.
Like our previous pick, the EZVIZ SECURITY System has remote monitoring and playback capability. It enables you to monitor your home from anywhere, provided you have an internet connection.
Its motion detection system sends you an email notification whenever it gets triggered. One of the best things about this feature is that you can customize the detection area to minimize false alarms.
All eight cameras are IP66 certified and can operate in extreme outdoor temperatures between -40 and 140-degrees Celsius.
With this security camera system, you get free lifetime support along with a 12-month warranty. All your data is also safeguarded by end-to-end multilayer encryption to protect your privacy.
Consumers appreciate its ease of use and the app’s reliability. There are, however, a few concerns about its waterproof capability and video quality.
- The NVR has a storage capacity of 1TB
- The system has clear images
- It has remote monitoring and playback
- The system is weatherproof
- Poor video quality
- The cameras are not waterproof
We’ve just reviewed five of the best 8-channel security camera systems in the market, so if you had a problem choosing the right one, we hope we’ve got you covered.
We chose the Firstrend 8CH Wireless NVR System as our top pick due to its ease of use, excellent video quality, and large storage capacity. Considering its price and all it has to offer, we’d say it’s a pretty good deal and recommend a buy.
It’s never too late to safeguard your home. Besides, why wait till you get robbed when you can deter burglars with a cool security camera system?