Table of Contents Show
- 8 Best Backpack Vacuum Cleaners on the Market:
- 1. Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack, C2401, Vacuum
- 2. Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum 8 Quart HEPA Cleaner
- 3. ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. Prolux Black & Blue Prolux 10 Quart Commercial Backpack Vacuum
- 5. Powerful Proteam Super Coach Pro 10 QT Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Prolux 2.0 Lightweight Bagless Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
- 7. Makita XCV10PTX 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 1/2 Gallon HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Dust Extractor Kit, AWS™ Capable (5.0Ah)
- 8. Power-Flite BP4S Pro-Lite Backpack Vacuum
- Factors to Consider When Buying A Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
- Backpack Vacuum Cleaner FAQs
When shopping for a backpack vacuum cleaner, you will be possibly searching for the best in the market and hoping to spend lesser money.
The best vacuum cleaner for home use should remove the dust, pet hair, dirt, and debris from your house walls and floor surfaces to leave them sparkling clean.
We have researched for you and created a list of the eight best backpack vacuum cleaners. Keep reading to know which of them will work for you.
8 Best Backpack Vacuum Cleaners on the Market:
1. Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack, C2401, VacuumView at Amazon
- Features a lightweight design and weighs only 9.2 pounds for better
- Chiropractor-designed harness minimizes strain
- The quiet operation allows the user to clean without disturbing the people and pets around
- Offers a 48 long power cord
- The accessories include 6 inches crevice tool, two dusting brushes, 11 inches turbo floor tool, and 4 inches upholstery tool.
The first best backpack vacuum cleaner on our list is the Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack, C2401, Vacuum.
The product weighs only 9.2 pounds, and it is, therefore, one of the backpack vacuums you can use for several hours without even noticing it.
The lightweight design, along with the chiropractor-designed harness, makes it comfortable to use in any place.
Another attractive feature of this product is its low noise level. You can use the product in your office buildings or home without disturbing your pets, waking your kids, or distracting your coworkers.
Speaking of the reach, it features a 48-feet long cord. The cord is long enough to reach all the corners of your room without changing the power outlets.
The 6.5-quart bin capacity is the other unique feature you will love about this most potent backpack vacuum.
Even though it is not as large as those that come with some brands, it is large enough to help you complete many tasks. It comes with a reusable bag, something that reduces maintenance costs.
- It comes with a very long power cord
- It works perfectly on hard floors
- The producer offers a high-quality HEPA filtration
- Its reusable bag reduces the cost of consumables.
- It does not work well on carpets.
What Customers Are Saying
Most users like the lightweight design of this backpack vacuum cleaner. Others like the high suction and long cord. They claim that the brush removes dirt on hard floors and rugs effortlessly. However, it does not clean carpets correctly.
2. Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum 8 Quart HEPA CleanerView at Amazon
- Offers 4-stage HEPA filtration
- 8-quart HEPA dust bag
- Its loops offer pockets to hold accessories
- Weighs 10.3 pounds and measures 12x9x20 inches
- Provides good reach to the distant objects
Unlike other backpack vacuum cleaners, Atrix VAPCBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum 8 Quart HEPA Cleaner is usable for pest control.
That might sound funny, but it is real. In addition to that, it is compact, and you will want to keep it on your back for several hours.
This portable backpack vacuum weighs only 10.3 pounds and measures 12 inches by 9 inches by 20 inches. Its straps offer pockets to hold the accessories you would want to keep closer.
The manufacturer produces it for both residential and commercial purposes. For that reason, it packs a 106 Cubic Foot per Minute (CFC) suction power.
The other thing you will love about this product is its versatility. Users can customize it for the left- or right-hand operations. The blower adapter allows you to use it as a blower. It comes with various accessories such as a turbo brush, three blower heads, and a crevice tool.
- It comes with a HEPA filter
- It is inexpensive
- It boasts an aesthetically pleasing design
- You can use it as a blower and vacuum
- The 1.5 feet power cord is very short
- You have to be extra careful to avoid damaging the plastic attachment
What Customers Are Saying
Most consumer reviews show that the product excels in the cleaning of hard floors. They like the hands-free feature because it allows them to move quickly around furniture pieces when cleaning.
They also claim that the pocket straps offer enough room for their cleaning accessories. Unfortunately, they are not happy with the power cord because of its short length.
3. ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum CleanerView at Amazon
- Comes with Xover Floor Tool designed to clean low-pile carpets, upholstery items, and hard surfaces
- Offers a 10-quart filter and a large capacity
- Provides HEPA media filters for advanced filtration
- Offers 66 dBA volume, which allows for quiet vacuuming
- The 50 feet power cord covers a large area without the need for changing power outlets
The ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner is designed to take care of every vacuuming need in your home or business premises.
It boasts a Super CoachVac backpack and cleaner along with HEPA filtration to make your vacuuming tasks easy. The features make it a durable but safe cleaner.
Considering that it has a powerful 1108W motor, we can comfortably say that it is in the class of quiet backpack vacuums.
It is an excellent choice for spaces and areas with high foot traffic such as schools, colleges, and offices.
It weighs 11 pounds and offers around three times the capacity of standardized upright vacuum cleaners. It will clean upholstery tools, hard surfaces, and carpets. It stands as one of the best commercial backpack vacuum cleaners you will ever come across.
- It is designed for commercial use
- Offers four filtration levels to ensure that you are breathing clean air
- It runs quietly
- Comes with many accessories such as a crevice tool, telescoping wand, and soft dusting brush
- It is heavier than other backpack vacuums cleaners of similar class
- Does not offer a place to hold the wound power cord
What Customers Are Saying
Most backpack vacuum cleaner reviews show that consumers are happy with the product, but most of them claim that the hose keeps breaking off during vacuuming sessions. They have to snap it back severally, and that can be time-consuming. Other than that, the product works perfectly.
4. Prolux Black & Blue Prolux 10 Quart Commercial Backpack VacuumView at Amazon
- Offers a 3-stage filtration system
- Provides 150 CFM for powerful vacuuming
- Comes with a sizeable 10-quart bag that will last for many days
- You will have a 50 feet long power cord
- It has a 5-year manufacturer warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee
Even though most backpack vacuum cleaners come with short cords, the Prolux Black & Blue Prolux 10 Quart Commercial Backpack Vacuum allows you to reach all the corners of your home and go around the furniture pieces.
It is made of aluminum material, meaning that it is lightweight and easy to use. The product weighs only 11 pounds and offers 3-stage filtration.
The 3-stage filtration includes a sealed HEPA filter that comes with a 10-quart washable bag and six HEPA filtration bags. If you or any person in your home has allergies, it is the product to choose from.
Its 10-quart bag will last for many days, and you can buy as many accessories as you want. Lastly, the product offers 150CFM for deeper cleaning.
- It is maneuverable
- Comes with many accessories for easier dust removal
- It is designed for all types of floors
- You will enjoy a 5- year warranty
- It is expensive
- The one-month money-back guarantee does not ascertain its durability
What Customers Are Saying
Most backpack vacuum cleaner reviews show that consumers like lightweight and straightforward designs. They are also happy with the three-stage HEPA filtration system. It comes with a long power cord to eliminate the need for many power outlets.
They also claim that the price is high, and the 30-day money-back warranty is deficient in guaranteeing durability.
5. Powerful Proteam Super Coach Pro 10 QT Backpack Vacuum CleanerView at Amazon
- Uses three filters to protect its powerful motor
- Features a rugged, compact design for a comfortable fit on the back
- Weighs 12 pounds
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
The Powerful Proteam Super Coach Pro 10 QT Backpack Vacuum Cleaner offers many features that you are unlikely to find in many backpack vacuums.
It is designed for commercial use, and, therefore, comes with a very long power cord measuring 50 feet and a 10-quarts capacity.
The product uses three filters that protect its motor from dirt and grease. The producer also includes a Multi-surface Floor Tool to clean various floors and a quality tool hose. In the package, you will also find two tool extension wands and 50 feet power cord.
Its redesigned shape and rugged design make it more comfortable for the back and the right choice for people who would want to vacuum their office buildings, hospitals, schools, movie theatres, and churches without disturbing the occupants. It produces 66 dBA of noise and 150 CFM airflow power.
- Offers a super 3-level filtration system
- It reduces cleaning time by around 43 percent
- It is light
- It runs quietly
- It might stick to rugs due to the high suction
What Customers Are Saying
Due to the low weight and redesigned shape, most people claim that it is easy to wear and maneuver. It works properly on all types of floors. The new design also allows the heat from the motor to blow backward without affecting the user.
Its 50 feet cord is long enough to reach every corner without the need for several power outlets.
6. Prolux 2.0 Lightweight Bagless Backpack Vacuum CleanerView at Amazon
- Its weight stands at 9 pounds. Therefore, you can move with it easily
- Provides 40 percent more power compared to the leading brands
- Motor bypass technology to protect the motor from overheating
- Five years warranty
The Prolux 2.0 class offers many backpack vacuum cleaners, and the Prolux 2.0 Lightweight Bagless Backpack Vacuum Cleaner is among the most popular.
First, it boasts a power nozzle that comes with a powered nozzle. Its brush features a beater bar, which makes it the right choice when cleaning carpets. Secondly, the vacuum cleaner is made to last for many years.
The producer uses sturdy materials to build it, and all attachments are commercial grade.
That is not all. The manufacturer also provides a model designed for household use. It comes with several commercial tools like a 1.5-inch tool to facilitate faster cleaning and a 35 feet long power cord.
The power cord is long enough to cover a large area without the need for many power outlets. One of the features you will love is the vortex chamber designed to force the HEPA system to clean itself. It helps reduce the chances of clogs.
- The attachments are fast to connect
- It is easy to maintain
- Comes with an insulated vortex chamber to reduce the noise level
- Features clips on its backside to hold the wind cord
- Tall people might find it hard to use
What Customers Are Saying
According to most bagless backpack vacuum cleaners reviews, the backpack is easy to maintain and use. The self-cleaning tech eliminates any chances of clogging, and the bags are reusable. It is perfect for household use and recommendable for use in all households.
However, most tall people find it hard to use.
7. Makita XCV10PTX 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 1/2 Gallon HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Dust Extractor Kit, AWS™ Capable (5.0Ah)View at Amazon
- Offers a powerful motor that generates 53CFM suction power and 28.5 inches water lift
- Runs for 90 minutes when on the low settings and around 60 minutes when on the high settings
- Uses with two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries
- Uses HEPA filtration system, which captures small, large, and micro dust particles
- Features a BL Brushless motor, which is controlled electronically for optimized battery energy use
- Weighs 9.4 pounds with batteries included
If you are searching for the best cordless backpack vacuum cleaner on the market, the Makita XCV10PTX 18V X2 LXT Lithium-ion Brushless Cordless Backpack Vacuum is worth consideration.
Instead of a power cord, it comes with a battery pack that lasts for 90 minutes after each recharge. Due to the large capacity of the battery pack, you will vacuum a large area without any need for a recharge.
The weight of this product stands at 9.9 pounds, and you will, therefore, find the product easy to move around when cleaning. This device is also compact, and you can use it in your office or house without worrying about damage.
Even though the power it provides might not match that of other products, it is enough to clean your hard floors and carpets. It produces 53 CFM of suction and 28 inches of water lift.
- It offers a long flexible hose that will help clean the hard to reach areas
- The battery lasts for 90 minutes after each recharge
- It comes with removable batteries, so you can have two or more to avoid downtime
- It comes with a tiny bit, and you will need to empty it more often
- It provides less power compared to the other models
What Customers Are Saying
Most of the users who like this product recommend it for use around the house. It provides minimal power, meaning that it is not the right choice for commercial use. They also claim that it is not robust. It will handle your household cleaning needs properly.
8. Power-Flite BP4S Pro-Lite Backpack VacuumView at Amazon
- Lightweight design for comfortable use
- The anatomically-designed straps with mesh lining and perforated foam increase the breathability for comfortable vacuuming
- Comes with a 1 ½ inch double bend wand, a 14 inches hard floor tool, 14 inches Power-Glide carpet tool, 17 inches crevice tool, and a 4 inches hose
- Offers a four-stage filtration system, which includes a pre-motor filter, micro-filter cloth bag, paper filter, and exhaust filter
Power-Flite BP4S Pro-Lite Backpack Vacuum provides strong suction power and compatible anatomic design for the user’s comfort.
Its shoulder straps feature perforated foam and cell mesh lining for flexibility and a perfect fit.
You do not have to worry about the hard surfaces in your home when using it because it is made to last.
The cheap backpack vacuum cleaner offers unique performance on every type of floor, including wall surfaces, carpets, and wood surfaces. Its long power cord allows you to vacuum every area without changing the power outlet. Moreover, its four-stage filtration process guarantees clean indoor air.
You will find it easy to move it around your house because it only weighs 10 pounds. The included components are a microfilter cloth bag, paper filter bag, exhaust filter, and pre-motor filter.
- Ergonomic features
- Better design for smooth movements
- You will have to clean the filter more often
What Customers Are Saying
Most of the users claim that the product offers enough suction to handle various types of floors. They also like the ergonomic features and adjustable fit. However, they also claim that the C-ring made to hold the attachments falls out quickly.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
There are many things to consider when buying a backpack vacuum cleaner. Here are a few of them;
Weight is an essential factor to consider when buying a backpack vacuum cleaner.
It determines how long you will carry the backpack vacuum on your back when cleaning.
Heavy commercial backpack vacuums are designed for people with higher endurance. Try several backpacks to identify those you can handle.
Every backup vacuum cleaner will have back-straps.
When trying the vacuum, ensure that the back straps will fit your body correctly.
Go for something durable and comfortable because you do not want a back-strap to dig into your shoulder during a cleaning session.
If you are planning to vacuum more often, also ensure that the straps will not fray easily.
You must check the warranty period when searching for the perfect backpack vacuum cleaners.
You would want the manufacturer to provide at least a one-year warranty.
Most backpack vacuum companies offer warranties, and most will cover the product for five years.
Some manufacturers might charge you more for the warranty.
Every commercial backpack vacuum will come with an accessory kit. The packages, mostly, include several nozzles, but some manufacturers will go beyond that.
When buying a backpack vacuum for commercial use, go for one that comes with many accessories. A household backpack vacuum will not offer many accessories.
Read backpack vacuum reviews to identify the products that come with accessories that you need.
Even though all backpack vacuum cleaners produce some noise, you have to ensure that the noise level is low.
A noisy vacuum can damage your ears easily because the motor will be directly behind your head.
Most commercial vacuum cleaners have a decibel rating of around 66 dB. That is close to the noise associated with typical conversations.
The sound of a lawnmower will be about 90 dB. So, ensure that the decibel rating is between 60 and 70dB before buying a backpack vacuum.
Filtration systems are not made equal. Most manufacturers design unique filtration systems.
When buying a backpack vacuum for commercial use, ensure that it features an effective filtration system that will remove all the dirt and dust from the air.
High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) is the gold standard. Keep in mind that some manufacturers provide quality bag-less vacuums that do not use filters.
Ensure that the product you are about to buy offers a filtration system that will leave the air in your home clean.
Corded or Cordless
The other factor to consider during your shopping is whether you need a corded or cordless backpack vacuum. Corded backpacks are the most common, but you will have to connect them to a power outlet when vacuuming.
That will limit your movements. Even though most of the corded models will offer long cords, bagless backpack models are a better choice for people who vacuum large areas.
Backpack Vacuum Cleaner FAQs
A: It is a canister vacuum designed to sit on the user’s back, more like a backpack. They remove the weight from the user’s hands to the core and legs. They are also made to improve mobility and ease of use.
A: Most of the backpacks in the market are not designed for carpet cleaning, particularly deep pile carpets. Even though they provide enough power, they do not come with vacuum cleaner heads to clean deep pile carpets.
They only come with cleaner heads to clean the hard floors. The manufacturers make them for industrial and commercial use, and they rarely come across carpets. Read reviews to identify the best backpack vacuum for carpet cleaning.
A: For the backpack vacuum to continue working correctly, you have to check the filters and clean them when necessary. By cleaning them, you will lengthen the life of the motor.
Each time you clean the filters, air dry them properly and ensure that the hose is not clogged. The seals of a home backpack vacuum should work adequately too.
We have reviewed some of the best backpack vacuum cleaners the market offers. Base your selection on the features, your cleaning needs, and performance characteristics.
Consider the type of surfaces you would want to vacuum, the number of times you will clean per week, and the people living in your home. Keep in mind that the vacuum is tiresome, and it can cause back problems.
So, try as many products as possible to identify ones that will make your cleaning job enjoyable.