Table of Contents Show
- 8 Best Char-Broil Grills for the Money:
- 1. Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill – Best Runner Up
- 2. Char-Broil Gas2Coal Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill – Best 3-Burner Grill
- 3. Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill – 3-Burner Runner Up
- 4. Char-Broil Signature Tru-Infrared Cart Style Gas Grill – Best 2-Burner Grill
- 5. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner – Best Budget 2-Burner Grill
- 6. Char-Broil Tru-Infrared Portable Gas Grill with Case – Best Portable Grill
- 7. Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 8. Char-Broil Kamander Charcoal Grill – Best Kamado Grill
- Factors to Consider When Buying Char-Broil Grills
- Char-Broil BBQ Grills - FAQ
When searching for an outdoor grill, you will find that there are many good options on the market, and there are several good names that you can consider when purchasing a Char-Broil grill.
However, unlike in the past, these grills come with various features that help to make them stand out over the others, and it could be difficult to make the right purchasing decision for your needs without thoroughly reviewing and researching these factors.
If you are looking to update an older grill model or simply looking for your initial starting Char-Broil grill, you have a lot of things to consider because not all grills are the same.
They come with various features that need to be considered and understanding the difference in these features is important to ensure that you purchase the right char-broil grill that will meet your needs and budget. Let us get started in finding you the perfect grill.
8 Best Char-Broil Grills for the Money:
1. Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill – Best Runner UpView at Amazon
If you enjoy a cart-style grill, then this is an excellent choice that comes with 4 high-performance burners. With these burners, you will not have to worry about your food being cooked unevenly, and it is designed from high-quality stainless steel that makes it both fashionable and durable when left outside. It is coated to make it rust-resistant.
The only real downside to this grill is that the manufacturer does not have a solid reputation for its customer service department.
For the most part, this grill is an excellent runner-up to the initial grill, but if anything goes wrong after you purchase it, you could run into some trouble when trying to get assistance from the manufacturer’s customer service department.
What Consumers are Saying
Most consumers were looking for the best inexpensive gas grill, and they chose this model is made from durable stainless steel.
Plus, they liked that this model comes with a 10,000 BTU side burner that has electric ignition that allows them to cook their sides and sauces in the same area. However, a few consumers did mention having a few minor problems with the workers at the manufacturer’s customer service department.
- It uses an electric ignition system that makes it reliable to startup, and you just must push a single button to get started cooking. On the side of the grill, there is a single 10,000 BTU burner which makes cooking sides or sauces easier, and on the other side, there is a small table that is perfect for you to put your utensils, cookware, and other cooking necessities.
- The primary cooking surface is 425 square inches, and it has a 150 square-inch swing-away warming rack, that makes toasting buns or keeping things warm a lot easier. It is has a lit-mounted temperature gauge, which means that you can easily keep up with the temperature of the grill throughout the entire cooking process, without lifting the lid, which can release heat and cause the food to cook slower than desired.
- Has a porcelain-coated grease pan and cast-iron grates that are rust-resistant and durable
- Comes with a 10,000 BTU side burner with electric ignition
- Uses propane/liquid petroleum gas
- Has a stainless-steel finish for durability and style
- The manufacturer doesn’t have the best customer service department rating
2. Char-Broil Gas2Coal Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill – Best 3-Burner GrillView at Amazon
With a 420 square-inch primary cooking surface, this grill accommodates large and small meals, depending on the occasion.
On top of that, this grill also has a 120 square-inch warming rack that helps keep food warm or even toast buns or other food, while waiting for the primary food to finish. This grill comes with 3-burners made from high-quality stainless steel, which helps to make them last longer.
What Consumers are Saying
Many consumers decided on this grill after reading 3 burner gas BBQ reviews, and they chose this grill because this is a hybrid model that allowed them to cook with either charcoal or propane gas.
Plus, they liked that this grill comes with a large primary cooking surface. However, some have had a few issues and were not happy that the charcoal pan is of low quality, but they fixed it by simply purchasing a replacement.
- This grill model is classified as a hybrid because it gives you the option of cooking with either propane gas or charcoal, depending on your individual preference. However, the only thing that is wrong with this grill is that the charcoal pan is not as high quality as the overall grill’s quality, but this can be fixed by purchasing a replacement pan if it is not up to your standards.
- The next best thing about this grill is that it also comes with a 12,000 BTU side burner that is capable of cooking different sides or sauces to go with your primary meal without having to constantly run back and forth to the kitchen. It also comes with porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates which help to hold heat, and the coating helps to make the grates easier to clean after every use.
- Comes with three 40,000 BTU burners with a side 12,000 BTU side burner
- Burners are made from durable stainless steel for longevity
- Comes with porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
- Has a 420 square-inch primary cooking surface with a 120 square-inch warming rack
- Comes with poor quality charcoal pan
3. Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill – 3-Burner Runner UpView at Amazon
When looking for a 3-burner Char-Broil grill, this is a close runner-up to the previous model. It still provides you with a large 450 primary cooking surface, and the convenient swing-away warming wrap, allowing everything to be kept warm while waiting for the longer to cook food to finish.
Plus, it has a solid 10,000 BTU side burner that will allow you to cook various types of side dishes or sauces to go with your food.
What Consumers are Saying
Most consumers purchasing this grill liked that it has a large primary cooking surface and a warming rack. Plus, they liked that it also had a side burner for extra cooking and that the grates are porcelain-coated which makes it easier to clean.
However, some consumers didn’t like that assembly instruction were poorly written and a little difficult to follow.
- It is important to note that this grill does not come fully assembled, and it will need to be assembled when you get to your home. However, it has been advised that the assembly instructions that come with this model can be a little difficult to follow. Therefore, it is important to take your time and make sure that everything is properly assembled before trying out the grill for the first time.
- The grates are coated with porcelain, and they allow the heat to be evenly dispersed on the different food being cooked. This grill also utilizes 3 top-ported tube burners that are meant to help with better temperature control, and they are made for lasting performance.
- Uses three top-ported tube burners designed for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Has a 10,000 BTU side burner
- Has a 450 square-inch primary cooking area and 150 square-inch swing-a-way warming rack
- Porcelain-coated grates for easier cleaning
- Hard to understand assembly instructions
4. Char-Broil Signature Tru-Infrared Cart Style Gas Grill – Best 2-Burner GrillView at Amazon
This 2-burner Char-Broil grill model is one of the best on the market, and it utilizes several technologies and has various features that help to set it apart from other models.
For instance, this model uses Tru-infrared cooking technology, which is excellent for safety because it helps to prevent flareups, and helps to direct deliver heat evenly to the full cooking area.
What Consumers are Saying
Many consumers purchased this because they felt that it was one of the best 2-burner grills available, and the Tru-Infrared cooking technology was a selling point, which makes the grill safer because it helps to prevent flareups from occurring.
Consumers also liked that it can be easily started with the use of the Surefire electronic ignition system, but a few have mentioned having a few issues with meat sticking to the grates when trying to flip it over during the cooking process.
- The grates are made from high-quality cast iron, and they are coated in porcelain which makes cleaning easier. Plus, this helps them to resist rust when left out in the weather. However, although these grates are easy to clean, food does sometimes seem to stick to the grates, especially food when trying to flip the food during the cooking process.
- It uses a Surefire electronic ignition, which makes starting up the grill more reliable than other types of igniting systems. It is made from high-quality stainless steel, which makes it durable and lasts longer than other grill models. It also has folding side shelves, which makes it convenient when in use and for storing it in a smaller area.
- Utilizes Tru-Infrared cooking technology, which helps to prevent flareups
- Has an integrated LED lighting system with a sleek lid design
- Uses a Surefire electronic ignition system for quick and reliable starts
- Comes with porcelain-coated cast-iron grates for easy cleaning and rust-resistant
- Issues with meat sticking to the grates
5. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner – Best Budget 2-Burner GrillView at Amazon
This is a classic-style propane gas grill, and it is made from high-quality stainless steel, which makes it extremely durable. This also helps to make it weather-resistant, which means that you can leave it out on the patio without worrying about rust.
When on a budget, this is an excellent choice, because it has two stainless steel in-line burners that help to provide even heating to all the food being cooked.
What Consumers are Saying
Most consumers choose this grill after looking at some of the best budget grills because it comes with adequate primary cooking space, and it is designed to be weather resistant, which means it can be left out without having to worry about it rusting.
However, many people did suggest that the assembly instructions could be written better, and they had to have more than one person assemble the grill properly.
- However, it is a little smaller than some of the other grills. It only has 280 square inches of primary cooking space, but this is still large enough for most gatherings.
- Plus, it uses a Piezo ignition system that makes starting up a lot easier with the push of a button, and this grill comes with two 6-inch wheels that make it easy to move the grill around as needed.
- Finally, this grill has two small metal shelves on each side of the cooking surface, which are both durable and excellent to use as prep space or storage for spices and other necessities you will need for cooking.
- However, this model does have to be assembled, and although it is easy to do, the provided instructions can be difficult to follow if you are in a rush. Plus, ensuring you have a friend to help with assembling this grill is important for easy assembly.
- Has a porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox making it weather resistant
- Uses 2 stainless steel in-line burners
- Contains two side storage areas for preparation and storage space
- Has 280 square-inches of primary cooking spaces
- Poor assembly instructions and needs more than one person to assemble
6. Char-Broil Tru-Infrared Portable Gas Grill with Case – Best Portable GrillView at Amazon
When it comes to choosing a portable grill, this Char-broil grill was designed with that thought, specifically in mind. It was designed with Tru-infrared technology, which is essential for safety when using a grill. It will help to prevent random flare-ups that occur with other types of grills that do not use it.
What Consumers are Saying
Many consumers were looking for a good grill for an RV, and they felt this grill was right because it was designed to be portable and lightweight. Plus, they enjoyed that it comes with handles that make it easy to carry from place to place as needed.
However, a few consumers did mention having some issues with the provided grate. They found that if they did not allow the juices to burn off after use, the grate would rust slightly and would need to be cleaned even more thoroughly.
- It is made from high-quality cast aluminum, and it has stainless steel latches that help to secure the lid easily when on the move. It has a large 200-square-inch stainless steel grate that is easy to clean. However, it is made from lower-quality stainless steel, which means that the juices from cooking need to be burned off or cleaned immediately to help to keep them from rusting.
- To make this grill easy to move, they designed it with handles on the sides that make it easy to carry it from place to place, which is what makes this grill one of the best portable grill models available. Finally, the frame was designed to have a high impact rating, which means that it will not break and can withstand travel and being bumped around.
- Designed with a cast-aluminum firebox with stainless steel latches
- Uses a Tru-infrared cooking system to prevent flareups
- Has a 200 Square-inch stainless steel grilling grate
- Has a high-impact frame and carry handles
- Some rusting grate issues if juices left on them after use
7. Char-Broil Deluxe Portable Liquid Propane Gas GrillView at Amazon
When you are on the move and in need of a portable grill, this model was designed to make it easy to grill on the go wherever you wish.
It has a smaller cooking space than a traditional grill, but it still has a 190 square inches of cooking surface, which is large enough for an adequately sized meal for a small group of people. It only has a single 11,000 BTU burner, which is enough for this smaller grill to still cook evenly.
What Consumers are Saying
Consumers have chosen this model because they liked that it was designed to be easy to travel with, even if it is just a normal grilling night at the house.
However, some did find that it is inconvenient to find a place to put the grill when traveling with it because it requires a flat surface to set it upon.
- It operates using propane gas cylinders, and it is made from high-quality steel that is rust-resistant, which makes it the perfect choice for an on-the-go grill. It is capable of slow cooking at lower temperatures, and it has a hook on the back of the grill that allows you to hang the lid on it when fast cooking at higher temperatures or when having to check on the food.
- When using this grill, it is important to understand that you are only able to use propane cylinders of a certain size, and these cylinders will not allow you to grill for long periods like grills that use full-sized propane tanks. However, when using this grill near home, you can place the cooking grate into a dishwasher, which makes it easy to keep it clean.
- Small compact and portable design
- Uses a single 11,000 BTU burner
- Made from high-quality steel or a porcelain finish
- Convenient hook for hanging lid
- Could use a hookup for a larger propane gas source for longer cooking
8. Char-Broil Kamander Charcoal Grill – Best Kamado GrillView at Amazon
The Kamander charcoal grill was designed to be more than a mere grill. It has features that also allow it to act as a roaster and smoker, like a unique intake channel that is designed to allow you to control how the heat cooks the food.
However, this grill does not come with any physical temperature control. It does have a unique intake channel and top damper that are designed to provide you with the necessary heating and cooking control for the various types of cooking you might do with this grill.
What Consumers are Saying
After looking over Char-Broil grill reviews, many consumers found this to be one of the best kamado grills that they could find. They chose this grill because they liked that it is a kamado-type grill and that it works as a smoker, grill, and roaster.
Plus, although it is small, they liked that it still has adequate cooking area both in primary and secondary spaces. However, they did mention that they wished there was a physical temperature control system to help regulate the heat.
- To help with cooking, this grill also has a large folding shelf for extra space to ensure that you have enough prep space for all your needs.
- It also has a double-walled steel construction that helps with insulation, and it has to remove drip and ash pans that make keeping the grill clean.
- Finally, the side self also has integrated tool hooks, which means you do not have to waste prep space for your grilling tools.
- Made from solid steel and features double walls
- Has a 327 square-inch primary cooking area with a 142 square-inch secondary area
- Comes with a unique intake channel and top damper for easier heat control
- Has a large folding shelf for extra storage
- Doesn't have any physical way to control the temperature
Factors to Consider When Buying Char-Broil Grills
We realize that it can be difficult to pick which is the best barbecue brand, and Char-Broil is a good grill manufacturer to consider.
They are one of the best non-Weber gas grill options available, on the market.
However, Char-Broil does make a wide range of grill types, and it is important to consider different factors to ensure finding the right grill that will suit your needs.
Here are a few of those factors!
Overall, Char-Broil is known for using quality stainless steel and other materials to create their grill models, but depending on your situation and storage options, you need to consider if they used any sort of coating that helps to prevent rust and other weather conditions, especially if you plan on storing the grill outside.
Number of Burners:
This is an important thing to consider because the more burners that a grill has the easier regulating temperature will be for various cooking techniques.
Plus, the larger the cooking surface that a grill has the more burners the better, especially to help keep the heat evenly dispersed.
It is always good to look for extra features when purchasing a new grill.
For one, you should look to see if it has any substantial storage and prep space, which will give you plenty of room. Plus, it is always nice to have a grill that has a side burner for cooking side dishes or homemade sauces, without constant kitchen trips.
Char-Broil BBQ Grills - FAQ
Here, you will find a few of the frequently asked questions that people have when they are purchasing a Char-Broil grill. Let us get going.
Q: Is the quantity of burners important when considering a new Char-Broil grill?
A: Unlike with a stove, the number of burners that a grill has is important in being able to regulate the temperature of the grill. The more burners the more versatility that you have when controlling the amount of temperature that the grill will put off, which makes it easier to cook a variety of foods with the same grill.
So, it is a personal preference and the more burners you have will determine the quality of heat control you have, but it is important to remember that the more burners a grill has the more expensive it will be. So, sometimes it is okay to go with a grill with fewer burners to feet budget needs.
Q: Does Char-Broil have an overall quality customer service rating?
A: When it comes to customer service from Char-Broil, everyone has their own experience, but the consensus of this manufacturer is that they are there and willing to help with any questions. There may be some things that they are not able to assist with, but they do generally get a positive response about their customer service department.
Q: What is the best type of grill gas, electric, or charcoal?
A: The answer to this question is entirely up to self-preference. Different people like the way each of these grills cooks food and the taste that it provides. Therefore, it is best to know your preferences before making this final decision, or you can investigate a hybrid grill that will give you multiple options.
After careful consideration, we have concluded that the best overall Char-Broil grill is the Char-Broil Performance Tru-Infrared 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill.
It has Char-Broil's Tru-Infrared technology that helps to make the grill safe, and it comes with four burners to help food cook evenly. However, it is important to remember that this is merely a suggestion.
If you are looking for a 4-burner grill this will be the best choice, but if you are looking for a cheaper grill that will still provide you with quality, there are other options like the Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill that might suit your needs.
Make sure that you know your needs and wants before making your final purchasing decision to ensure that the choice you make is the best for you and not someone else.