Table of Contents Show
- 10 Best Face Powders for Oily Skin:
- 1. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder, Longwearing Oil Free, Fragrance Free, Noncomedogenic Face Makeup, Light/Medium (830)
- 2. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
- 3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder, Classic Ivory 0.29 Ounce, 1 Count
- 4. L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder, Natural Beige, 0.33 oz.
- 5. bareMinerals Barepro Performance Wear Powder Foundation, Warm Natural, 0.34 Ounce
- 6. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation in a Powder, 140 Golden Beige, 0.31 Fl Oz
- 7. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Natural, 0.49 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- 8. COVERGIRL COVERGIRL Clean Fresh Pressed Powder, Deep, 0.35 Ounce, 220 Deep (99350052598)
- 9. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation, Natural
- 10. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Loose Powder Makeup Foundation with Vitamins A, C, & E, Sheer to Medium Buildable Coverage, Skin Tone Enhancer, Face Redness Reducer, Classic Ivory 10,.19 oz
- Fixing Powder: what is your choice?
- The Ingredients when Fixing the Powder that is a big NO
- The Final Verdict
Oily skin is the result of an overproduction of sebaceous glands. These glands are below the surface of the skin. Sebum is an oily substance made up of fat.
The sebum protects and hydrates the skin and keeps the hair shiny and healthy to not hurt. However, too much sebum can lead to oily skin, leading to clogged pores and acne. Genetics, hormonal changes, or even stress can increase the production of sebum.
Oily skin and acne are difficult to manage. Therefore, you must invest in good quality face powder, especially if you have oily skin.
10 Best Face Powders for Oily Skin:
Read further to know about the best face powders for oily skin from the shortlisted best researched and chosen.
1. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder, Longwearing Oil Free, Fragrance Free, Noncomedogenic Face Makeup, Light/Medium (830)
This compressed powder comes in a small black case with a mirror inside, perfect for travel. Available in 7 shades. There is also a sponge applicator for easy application.
For about 5 hours, the face is matte, and oil secretion is controlled. It provides a mid-range pure coverage to hide some imperfections.
- Longwearing Oil-Free
- Noncomedogenic Face Makeup
- Small flaws can be masked.
- The packaging is pretty, and it’s great for travel.
- Gives a matte finish.
- Helps up to 5 hours only
- Limited shades.
Read Related Article: Makeup Removers for Sensitive Skin
2. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
In weightlessness, translucent body and face can also be used. Absorbs excess oil, a transparent and sweetly familiar translucent matte finish. Provides constant wear and a clean look that lasts up to 16 hours.
It is suitable for all skin types, all skin tones, and all skin conditions. Vegetarian formula, without ingredients and by-products of animal origin, without sulfates, phthalates, and triclosan.
- Easy to apply
- All skin colors
- All types of skin
- Value for money
- Gives a pore-free appearance
- Mediocre coverage
- Cakes up
Read Related Article: Face Powders for Mature Skin
3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder, Classic Ivory 0.29 Ounce, 1 Count
Soft and smooth, easy to handle, and softens the skin. I was able to make a huge difference after applying the powder. Makes the complexion uniform, radiant, and even. This provides mid-range coverage, so it’s not suitable for special occasions and in between party makeup.
Perfect for everyday use if you want to apply natural makeup. As it has a fairly matte effect, it is intended for normal to oily skin. It contradicts the claim of providing pore-free skin and a flawless matte appearance.
However, people with dry skin should omit it because it’s not for them. If your skin is dry and you want to put it in the sink to give it a perfect matte look, you can moisturize it and give it some elasticity before applying it.
- Luxurious and beautiful design.
- Depending on the consistency of the liquid, it disperses easily and quickly penetrates the skin.
- It covers small flaws well.
- Beautiful color that lasts more than 6 hours.
- The skin is in a dry gouty state, and there are no symptoms of oil swelling even after long-term use.
- Without a head press, checking the amount of cream you use each time you use it is no easy task.
- After 6 hours of application, the skin is stabilized.
Read Related Article: Foundations for Combination Skin
4. L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder, Natural Beige, 0.33 oz.
Find true harmony, 100% guaranteed, in a range of faithful colors from light to dark, warm neutral to cool. It is a soft-touch facial powder to rejuvenate skin, control shine without a white or cream appearance.
True Match Powder provides a natural finish with a subtle coating that resembles a second skin. Microfine Powder contains pearlescent pigments for dull, pore-free skin – it dries the fat to control the shine.
On the inside of the mirror and applicator, you can use True Match Foundation concealer, brush to get the full look.
- Cream powder with mineral pigments
- Improves the look and feel of the skin.
- Let the skin breathe.
- Super blendable and very soft.
- Brightens and hides the skin’s combination blemishes
- Dry the skin
- It does not provide full coverage
- A little piercing
5. bareMinerals Barepro Performance Wear Powder Foundation, Warm Natural, 0.34 Ounce
The best early foundation powders like bareMinerals provide medium to full natural matte coverage that lasts all day! The skin-enhancing formula removes skin, shrinks large pores, and regulates glow to make skin shiny.
This breathable pharmacy powder foundation is clinically proven, and you can use a formula that glides easily on the skin. After a dermatological test, customize your coverage with a pre-made powder foundation containing 90% vitamins and minerals.
- Wear for 12 hours
- Comprehensive range
- Opaque treatment
- Contains 90% vitamins and minerals
- Breathable formula
- Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Not cruel
- Without parabens or fillers
- A little expensive
Read Related Article: Cream Blushes
6. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation in a Powder, 140 Golden Beige, 0.31 Fl Oz
L’Oréal Paris Imporble 24H Freshwear Foundation Word Powder is an almost weightless mattifying formula. A comfortable hotel with a non-greasy look and breathability with great coverage that lasts all day.
Effectively fades imperfections by smoothing skin tone and resists heat, water and sweat. The foundation is available in 14 finished shades without a sticky effect.
- Stop sweating
- Movement prevention
- Heat resistant
- Not steep
- Dermatological test completed
7. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Natural, 0.49 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Tired of breaking the perfect makeup for oily skin? As for the base, it all depends on how you set up your foundation and concealer. This is where your compact comes in: to keep your face from getting big and fat!
We plan to review the Rimmel Staymat Presto powder and read on if you like the performance of this compact because you can find your new favorite compact powder!
The brand claims that Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is a natural mineral that allows for natural shine adjustment for up to 5 hours. It resulted in minimal pores and was dermatologically tested.
- Regulates oil and humidity
- Provides a refreshing and natural finish
- Blurs the shape of the pores
- It’s good for the skin
- Light mineral formula
- Dermatological test completed
- Convenient plastic body.
- A long list of chemicals.
- The lid does not close the container properly.
- No applicator is provided.
Read Related Article:Makeup Removers for Acne Prone Skin
8. COVERGIRL COVERGIRL Clean Fresh Pressed Powder, Deep, 0.35 Ounce, 220 Deep (99350052598)
Covergirl Clean Fresh Pressed Powder is formulated with aloe vera and tapioca powder to absorb oils, reduce luster, and tone up the skin for a natural radiance and smooth texture.
Light powder enhances coverage. Available in 9 different shades, it is easy to use with a touch of vegan mousse. Ideal for oily skin.
- Available in 9 colors
- It does not provide strong or complete coverage.
- It’s like a tinted moisturizer.
9. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation, Natural
This powder foundation from NYX works great for minimizing glare on the face. It is soft like velvet, but when applied, it gives a smooth, matte finish. You can apply this product with a sponge applicator.
However, you can easily apply it with a brush as well. If you are looking for a very subtle natural finish at an affordable price, this is what you can try!
- Easy to use
- Glides easily on the skin
- Smooth and natural finish
- Perfect for instant touch-ups during the day
- Limited shade selection
10. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Loose Powder Makeup Foundation with Vitamins A, C, & E, Sheer to Medium Buildable Coverage, Skin Tone Enhancer, Face Redness Reducer, Classic Ivory 10,.19 oz
Makeup aficionados should know about Neutrogena Drugstore’s Best Loose Powder Foundation, available in eight shades. The combination of mineral color and light-reflecting pearls gives the skin a radiant glow.
If that’s not all, it’s a blend of vitamins A, C, and E with antioxidant properties that help nourish the skin. For the safety of sensitive skin, the natural minerals in this powder provide natural coverage.
Free from talc, fragrance, and dye, it is suitable for sensitive skin and provides a smooth, even finishes. This loose powder foundation is perfect for daily use and provides light to medium coverage for sensitive skin.
- Breathable formula
- Safe even for sensitive skin
- Contains no talc, coloring, or flavoring.
- Contains a vitamin blend that nourishes the skin
- Smooth the skin structure
- Provides a soft and natural glow
- Difficult to blend
Fixing Powder: what is your choice?
- Loose-setting powder: If you like light and soft coverage, the loose-setting powder is for you. As the name suggests, it is wide and can sprinkle the skin. They contain less oil, which makes them ideal for people with oily skin. It is recommended to use over foundation. It has a finer texture and is more prone to fine lines and wrinkles. However, loose powder can be too messy to handle.
- Compact powder: Compact powder is ideal for touch-ups. They are not cluttered; they are smaller and more portable. Full coverage, natural makeup, and compact powder are appealing. It contains heavier oils, so it is not suitable for oily skin. They hide imperfections and help you achieve an even skin tone easily.
- Translucent Setting Powder: A clear, colorless powder that provides no color or coverage to the skin. They absorb oil into the skin and prevent excessive shine. They add shine to the skin, so they should be applied to the hidden areas of the skin. Applied all over the face, it turns white.
- Tinted Setting Powder: Available in various shades, Tinted Setting Powder sets makeup, masks redness, and adds coverage to correct skin tone. Suppose you’re using a tinted setting powder that matches your skin tone, even out your entire face. Unlike translucent powder, it has color-developing power, so it should be applied all over the face.
The Ingredients when Fixing the Powder that is a big NO
- Talc: Talc, a possible carrier of carcinogenic asbestos, is not suitable for use in cosmetics.
- Titanium Dioxide 2: Often used as a UV filter for loose or compressed powders associated with skin cancer.
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon): Used as a non-food and cosmetic ingredient, it is associated with breast development, cancer, and cross-border delay. Pregnant women are at high risk.
- Retaining and maintaining flawless skin throughout the day can be challenging. Therefore to help you out, we have sampled through the best [products we have mentioned for your brand and product overview of best face powders for oily skin along with its pros and cons.
The Final Verdict
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Loose Powder Makeup Foundation would be my absolute favorite among the other best face powders for oily skin. Skincare in makeup is Neutrogena’s specialty, and what more can one ask for.
It does what makeup is required for and doesn’t damage rather nourishes skin only. However, if you want to go for a more affordable and sustainable product, the winner is L’Oreal Paris Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation in a Powder.