Table of Contents Show
- Best Floodlight Cameras:
- Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam Two-Way Talk and Siren Alarm, Black, Works with Alexa
- Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera – Wireless Security, 2K Video & HDR, Color Night Vision, 2 Way Audio, Wire-Free, Direct to WiFi No Hub Needed, 160° View, Works with Alexa, White – FB1001
- eufy Security Floodlight Camera, 1080p, No Monthly Fees, 2500 Lumens, Weatherproof, Built-in AI, 2021, Non-Stop Power (Existing Outdoor Wiring and Weatherproof Junction Box Required)
- Amcrest Floodlight Camera, Smart Home 1080P Security Outdoor Camera Wireless WiFi with Flood Light, Built-in Siren Alarm, 114° View, IP65 Waterproof, MicroSD & Cloud Storage, ASH26-W
- Hiseeu Solar Powered Floodlight Camera,Wireless Security Camera,12000mAh Rechargeable Batteries,High Brightness LED,Color Night Vision,IP66 Waterproof,1080P,Motion Detection,2-Way Audio,Cloud Storage
- Floodlight Security Camera Outdoor Wireless,WESECUU 3MP WiFi Exterior Security Wall Light with 32GB TF Card,110db Siren Alarm and AI Human Detection,No Monthly Fee
- Maximus Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam Two-Way Talk and Siren Alarm, White
- Luowice 5MP PTZ Security Camera Outdoor FHD WiFi IP Camera with Humanoid Detection, Auto Tracking, Color Night Vision, Pan and Tilt, Two Way Talk, Floodlight and Siren, Waterproof
- FREECAM Flood Light Camera Wireless Outdoor Security Camera with Motion-activated/1080P Night Vision/2-way Audio/Alarm Push/16GB TF Card Included/Support Cloud Storage
- Factors to Consider When Buying Floodlight Security Cameras
- Outdoor Floodlight Camera FAQs
Security cameras are one of the best ways to secure and protect your loved ones from intruders. Floodlights also help prevent intruders by triggering light when detecting motion. When you put them together in one, you have a strong security unit. So, which is the best outdoor floodlight camera?
We’ve used our five years of security camera experience in order to answer that exact question. By comparing the video quality, motion detection system type, and type of Wi-Fi support of numerous models on the market, we’ve compiled a list of the nine best floodlight security cameras. Find yours below!
Best Floodlight Cameras:
The first model in review presents the best deal on a Ring floodlight camera you can find. The Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam is hands down the best motion sensor floodlight camera available.
The ring is incredibly well regarded in the industry in addition to creating this awesome product, which sports two-way talk and a motion detection range of up to 30 feet.
Consumers are mostly satisfied with this camera from Ring. Some note the camera has successfully warded off intruders and that the integration of their feed with local police is a huge plus. A small minority find that they have software issues with the unit.
In conclusion, the Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam is easily the best floodlight camera on the market. While installation is a bit more hands-on than some models, the end result is worth the effort.
- Compatibility with Alexa allows for voice notifications of motion detection and two-way talk
- Built-in siren to deter unwanted guests and intruders
- Consumers find that the motion detection is not very efficient
The next best wireless floodlight camera in review comes via Arlo. The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera differs aesthetically from the Ring model in that the unit appears to only be a surveillance camera.
In other words, the floodlight aspect of the unit is less obvious, which can come in handy. When motion is detected, the floodlight function triggers. This model also operates on a 100º viewing angle.
Consumers absolutely love this camera from HeimVision. The floodlight function is said to be perfect as it’s unnoticeable to potential intruders until it’s too late. Many consumers also note the long-range detection of this system to be top-notch.
If you aren’t into the Ring model for whatever reason, the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera is a fantastic second consideration. With extensive range detection and the ability to store in the cloud, this camera is a full package.
- It’s easy to install and comes with good instructions
- This unit is compatible with HomeLink
- It has great safety features
- Some users have had issues with the remotes not working
This next floodlight wifi security camera is similar to the HeimVision model reviewed earlier in the list in that it does not appear as a floodlight but rather as solely a surveillance camera.
This eufy Security Floodlight Camera model has LED floodlights built into the camera unit that is triggered when motion is detected. This unit comes with a 32GB micro SD card and even provides color night vision, a feature that isn’t all that common.
Consumers are generally pleased with this security, floodlight camera. Some consumers note having trouble with the software and integrating the app and camera. However, others find the camera quality to be high and find the color night vision to be very helpful.
In conclusion, the eufy Security Floodlight Camera is another model to consider for those looking for a more inconspicuous floodlight camera. It also comes with every bit and tool needed to install the system, relieving some setup hassle for you.
- Includes everything you need to install this floodlight camera
- PIR Sensor helps to avoid false alarms and annoying incorrect alarm triggers
- The software and app integration are noted as being difficult by some
Coming in at the ninth spot in the outdoor floodlight security camera reviews is the Amcrest Floodlight Camera. This model, in comparison to many of the compacted models here in review, is obviously a floodlight just by its look. The unit is comprised of a camera and detection unit with two, large floodlights fixed above it.
The unit utilizes PIR sensors for motion detection and sports a 60º night vision field of view. Additionally, you can remotely control the floodlights for more use than security alone.
Consumers are blown away by this Amcrest model. First, consumers love the ease of installation and high quality of the camera at such an affordable price. Additionally, the hardware itself is noted as being sturdy and built to withstand the elements.
In conclusion, the Amcrest Floodlight Camera is a terrific model to consider if you would like to use your system for more than just surveillance. Being able to remotely control the floodlight for targeted use is a huge plus for those late nights outside.
- The floodlight triggers when detecting motion up to 40 feet away, which is a long detection range
- The floodlight is also remotely controllable which allows for more customized use of the light
- No 5G support and night vision only utilizes a 60º angle
This next floodlight security camera in review is a solar-powered model and, thus, requires no wiring or complex installation. Wireless Solar Powered Security Camera operates with a wide, 120º viewing angle and sports night vision and a motion detection system that works up to about 30 feet. It’s also compatible with SD cards for local footage storage.
Consumers are mixed about this product. Some find the camera to be useful and good enough at its described function to recommend it. However, others note constantly having issues connecting the camera and interfacing with it.
In conclusion, the Wireless Solar Battery Powered Security Camera is a good option and one to consider for those looking for a solar, powered, or simply wireless, model for an easy installation.
- You can use an SD card up to 128GB to locally store recordings
- Comes with a 12-month warranty guaranteeing functionality for up to a year
- Many consumers note connectivity issues and dislike the interfacing with this camera
The third best smart floodlight camera is the WESECUU Wireless Security Camera Outdoor. It is categorized as a smart floodlight because it utilizes advanced AI Human Detection technology, meaning that the system will recognize people specifically.
Similar to PIR sensors, this technology is key to avoiding false alarms and non-threatening detections (leaves, etc.). In addition to serving your security needs, this model is capable of being used as a porch light or doorbell.
Consumers are enthralled with this security camera unit. The only drawback is that it doesn’t come with an SD card but requires one to operate. However, consumers find this system tremendously easy to set up and enjoy the customizable alarm/siren noises.
In conclusion, the WESECUU Wireless Security Camera Outdoor is an advanced and well-designed floodlight camera option. It’s especially useful for those looking for a normal functioning porch light or doorbell with added features.
- A super simple setup requires only a plugin and app download before you are ready to go
- Utilizes advanced, AI Human Detection technology to avoid false sirens and notifications
- Requires an SD card to operate but it is not included
As opposed to normal floodlights, motion sensor floodlights with cameras allow you to not only light your space but to ward off sneaky intruders/pesky animals. With its 24/7 live feed, this Maximus Floodlight Camera is perfect for doing just that.
It constantly surveils the area and, as with most models here, it comes equipped with two-way talk to directly communicate with intruders. This model is also able to be integrated with Alexa or Google Assistant technologies.
Consumers have very mixed feelings about this system. Some note the customer service as being non-existent and that they have issues with the notifications setup. Others, however, claim the camera itself is of high quality and that the company behind it simply was not prepared to support it.
In conclusion, the Maximus Floodlight Camera is a decent floodlight camera. But beware if you’re the type that needs customer service and guidance to get through an installation and setup process.
- The unit is able to be integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google assistant for easier interfacing
- No batteries are needed, simply plug in the light unit and you do not have to worry about charging
- Limited to three downloads of your footage per month
The fifth best floodlight security camera review is the Luowice Floodlight Camera. This model is similar in form to the ENSTER solar-powered model minus the solar panel.
It captures video in 1080p HD at 30 frames per second and operates on a 160º field of view. This model also supports micro SD card memory up to 64GB. You also have the option of having motion detection alerts sent to your email or via push notifications or an app.
Consumers have zero negative feedback regarding this Luowice model. The camera is noted as being super high definition and consumers love the ability to connect this unit via ethernet hardline if desired.
In conclusion, the Luowice Floodlight Camera is a well-equipped floodlight security camera. While it’s not going to be hiding from anyone, you can count on this model to illuminate and target all motion detection on your property.
- Storage versatility thanks to the capability of micro SD or cloud storage
- IP66 weatherproofing ensures the camera will withstand inclement weather and maintain function
- No 5G support
The next floodlight security camera model in review is the Freecam Flood Light Camera. This camera falls in line with the standard for the industry with two-way talk, a night vision field of view, and motion-triggered LED flood lights.
However, this model, as with the previously discussed model, has remote-controllable floodlights. Additionally, you can remotely control the alarm system to ward off intruders and pests before they can even get started.
Consumers’ responses to this camera span a wide range of satisfaction and dissatisfaction. The software is noted as being nightmarishly difficult to work with. Some even note the hardware as being viable but state that the software bugs make that hardware unusable.
In conclusion, the Flood Light Camera is a good model for final consideration. This model is more suited for those looking for normal floodlight functionality in addition to security needs.
- It’s easy to program and operate
- This is a super quiet and powerful garage door opener
- It comes with energy-efficient lighting
- It only fits seven-foot garage doors
Factors to Consider When Buying Floodlight Security Cameras
Method of Viewing Footage:
There are multiple methods by which these floodlight security cameras give you access to your footage and so it is the first factor to consider before making a purchase. The most common method of interfacing with your footage is via apps for mobile devices.
For these models, the live feed is often viewable and you can view past recordings or specific detection clips. You do have to be careful though because models such as the Maximus model require subscriptions to fully access your footage (which we find ridiculous but we digress).
Other models store your footage on a local SD card and therefore only require a device to read to the card and view the footage. Finally, there are models that send your footage to the cloud, which is the easiest to manage but may also come at an extra cost.
The next factor to consider is the weatherproofing capabilities of each model. Almost every model on the list here is either IP65 or IP66 weatherproofed. Obviously, IP66 models will be a bit more protected than the IP65 units. If you stumble upon a model that does not list an IP weatherproofing or doesn’t obviously state its weatherproof nature, be wary of using it outdoors and near wet environments.
The complexity of Install:
A third factor to consider is the complexity of the installation for each model in consideration. There are plenty of models available that simply require you to plug in and connect via an app to get up and running.
Other models, such as the YESKAMO Wireless Security Camera, require screws, tools, and cords for installation. While the installation style effectively has no influence on the operation, it does influence whether or not you’ll be able to install it alone and without semi-professional or professional help.
Outdoor Floodlight Camera FAQs
IP is used when discussing outdoor floodlight cameras and other outdoor electronic devices. The abbreviation IP stands for “Ingress Protection”, which refers to the level of sealing protecting a unit’s components.
The IP number itself is a specific reference to the level of sealing of electrical enclosures of a particular model, essentially determining its ability to protect against foreign bodies and moisture. The higher the IP rating, the more equipped a unit is to withstand the elements/outdoors.
Most people still utilize 2.4GHz Wi-Fi in their homes. What this means is that your Wi-Fi network operates over a 2.4 gigahertz bandwidth, with 2.4 gigahertz being the maximum bandwidth achievable.
That means that it can handle devices designed to support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and lower but none higher. Therefore, for those of you with 5G networks installed in either your home or place of business, many of these camera models are not suited for your setup and will not work for you.
That is why the bandwidth is so important to note because it literally determines whether or not a device can function within your internet system.
We would most certainly recommend the models with two-way talk before recommending a model that only receives audio.
Not only is it helpful for greeting guests and holding discussions over your security camera system, but it is also massively helpful to be able to speak through the camera unit to unwanted guests and potential intruders before they have a chance to even attempt a break-in or theft. Additionally, when has one-way communication ever been an ideal or practical way of communicating?
In conclusion, the best outdoor security camera with floodlights is the Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam. This system sports the whole gambit of features, including infrared night vision and two-way talk.
Additionally, it comes with Lifetime Theft Protection, ensuring your home will never be unguarded. If this Ring model doesn’t do it for you, consider the next best option in the HeimVision HM211 Outdoor Security Camera.
Regardless of the models that you are considering, be sure to deploy a keen, detailed eye, just as this review has, in comparing your considerations.
By standing any model up to the industry’s best models, you will be able to gain a comprehensive idea of what each camera is offering and, thus, will make a more informed buying decision. So, don’t continue on unprotected. Get your floodlight security camera system purchased and in place today