Table of Contents Hide
- 6 Best Outdoor Night Vision Security Cameras:
- SUNBA 25X Optical Zoom 5MP IP PoE+ Outdoor PTZ Camera, Built-in Mic High Speed Security PTZ Dome, Long Range Infrared Night Vision up to 1000ft (601-D25X 5MP Ver)
- ZOSI H.265+ Full 1080p Home Security Camera System Outdoor Indoor, 5MP-Lite CCTV DVR 8 Channel with Hard Drive 1TB and 4 x 1080p Weatherproof Surveillance Camera with 80ft Night Vision, Motion Alerts
- Arlo VMS4230P-100NAS Pro 2 – Wireless Home Security Camera System with Siren, Rechargeable, Night Vision, Indoor/Outdoor, 1080p, 2-Way Audio, Wall Mount, Cloud Storage Included, 2 Camera Kit
- JideTech 5MP Security PTZ Camera Outdoor 5X Optical Zoom with Two Way Audio/ Human Motion Detection/2.4G WiFi Camera /SD Card Slot/IP66 Waterproof/IR Distance 150ft
- Outdoor Camera Wireless, Zumimall Security Camera Outdoor/Indoor, Rechargeable Battery Powered WiFi Surveillance Camera for Home Security, Motion Detection, 1080P Night Vision, IP66 Waterproof
- Light Bulb Camera Wifi 1080P HD 360 Fisheye Wireless Security Camera Home LED Light Cameras Motion Detection Night Vision
- Factors To Consider When Buying a Best Night Vision Security Camera For Outdoor Use
Having an outdoor security camera doesn’t have to involve long contracts and professional installation anymore. All it takes is one purchase and a few minutes to connect the cam to your router.
We picked apart all of the highest rated outdoor security cameras to isolate the ones with features that you actually need. Only the best made our ruthless cuts. You won’t find any scams or gimmicks in our reviews. Check ‘em out. Then learn how to make the choice after you read the reviews of the best ones available today.
6 Best Outdoor Night Vision Security Cameras:
You can rotate the cam all the way around and raise and lower the view using your smartphone from anywhere.
Unlike most night vision cams, which only offer clear vision at distances of around 50 feet, this one lets you see clearly up to 1,000 feet away under the best conditions.
You can view live video, and you can store video on a cloud-based system with a subscription.
People who were looking for a high-end, fully controllable security cam are impressed with this one. It is the best PTZ home security camera with night vision.
- Long-range night vision
- Auto focus
- 25x optical zoom
- Full movement
- Easy to control from anywhere in the world
- Takes technical know-how to be able to fully integrate into more complicated security systems
You can mount the 1080p night vision cameras anywhere you want to. Each camera is wired separately to the monitor and DVR. Power is also supplied to each cam separately, but a splitter is included to make things a little easier.
It can be used as a simple closed-circuit system, or the setup can be viewed and controlled remotely via the app.
We think this would be a great system for a small business or a household that needs multiple cameras.
Infrared surveillance camera reviews often mention this package as a cheap and complete wired system. That about sums it up.
- Complete system out of the box
- Installation is relatively simple, although pro installation would be more attractive
- Can be used as a closed circuit or remotely monitored system
- The wires that run to the individual cameras can be unsightly
This weatherproof security camera with night vision is pretty unique in that its cameras can operate on their batteries. They don’t last long, so we recommend getting solar panels to keep the batteries topped off.
You can also run power cables to each camera. That makes installation a little harder, but you won’t have to deal with the batteries.
All in all, this is a very user-friendly system.
Also, you can consider a cellular security camera, it’s a good choice if you do have no wi-fi connection.
Homeowners love that they can just install the cams and connect wirelessly. Of course, some prefer to run power cables instead of taking advantage of the batteries and having to think about recharging them. But it’s nice to have that choice.
- Can be hardwired for power or operated with integrated batteries.
- Night vision
- Two-way audio
- Free cloud storage – Up to seven days
- Motion and sound alerts are sent to your smartphone or through Alexa
- The battery only lasts for about four days of normal use – It’s best to buy the Arlo solar panels for constant recharging
Are you looking for a long-range night vision PTZ security camera that you can control from anywhere using your phone? Well, here you go.
It isn’t hard to set up since it’s WiFi-ready. But you’ll still have to run a power cable to it.
Everyone likes that they can get a fully functional night vision PTZ camera that they can control from anywhere with their phone.
- Quick, wide range rotation
- Good night vision
- Easy installation
- Cloud storage and local storage on SD card
- The included power cable is only 13 inches long
Security cameras with audio and night vision are everywhere. We highlight the useful features that you are interested in. So what sets this one apart?
You can install this one yourself in minutes. The first thing you do is charge the battery. Then you mount it where you want it and connect to your WiFi. That’s pretty much it.
This is an easy to set up and use camera at a great price.
Those who set this camera up themselves talk about how simple and straightforward it was. Some people didn’t even read the installation instructions.
- Super easy to install
- Nice price
- Totally wireless
- The motion detection aspect is not easy to customize in order to reduce false alarms
Here is a simple and cheap outdoor security camera. You just screw it into a light socket. That’s how it is mounted, and it draws its power from the socket.
It connects to your router wirelessly. From there, you can access the image and audio from any device sharing that network. Download the app if you want to access the recordings or live video and audio remotely on your phone or work PC.
The ease of installation comes up a lot. But many people with dual band WiFi get confused when connecting wirelessly. Make sure you turn off the higher band until after you connect the camera to the lower frequency.
- Easy to install
- Built-in microphone records sound
- Panoramic view
- Motion detection is very sensitive, even when set at the lowest setting
Factors To Consider When Buying a Best Night Vision Security Camera For Outdoor Use
Here are the things you should be looking at while you’re checking out your options.
How much res do you need? Well, it’s best to not go below 760. You may need to use the video as evidence if an intruder steals or vandalizes your property. You’ll need a clear picture.
There are many great wireless HD best night vision security cameras that record in 1080p.
This is how the camera connects to you.
Simple ones record video, and sometimes audio, onto a memory card. Or connect a security camera to your TV. This type is usually the most affordable. They’re great if you just need a record of what happens on your property when you’re not there.
WiFi cams connect to your router. The possibilities are almost limitless from there.
You can record and store videos on your PC using good home security software.
Apps are great for anyone who wants to see what’s going on while they’re away in real-time. Most apps allow access to cloud storage.
Pay attention to how the camera connects and what its app has to offer.
PTZ, or pan-tilt-zoom, is a capability that used to be found only in very expensive cameras. But now more affordable cams have it too.
This feature allows you to rotate the cam from side to side, tilt it up and down and zoom in. You have complete control over it. Combined with a good app, you can control your camera from anywhere your phone has a wireless signal or WiFi connection.
We only recommend cameras with IR LEDs. That offers true night vision.
There are some cheap cams that feature a light-enhancing technology that makes dark videos appear brighter. They call that night vision. We call it crap. You have to have infrared illumination along with infrared imaging technology for real night vision.
Some cameras have no night vision at all. Most property crimes happen under the cover of darkness. You need night vision.
Look at the approximate range of the night vision too. The best outdoor night vision IP security cameras all have a range of at least 60 feet. Think about the size of your property to determine how much range you need.
Some outdoor security cameras record audio. That can be a pretty useful feature if you ever have to present the footage to the police for evidence.
Better cams have two-way audio. Not only can you hear what’s going on, but you can talk to whoever is outside. That’s a great security feature. Sometimes you’re better off not having to interact with people you don’t know. And it’s a convenient way to tell unwanted visitors to leave you alone.
Check this out if you plan on installing your camera or cameras yourself.
Most cameras draw power from a cable that runs to them. This would have to be hardwired into your home’s electrical system. It may be easier for you to get a cam that has a regular plug that goes into an electrical outlet, or even a battery-operated one. We’ve reviewed cams of all three types above.
If you can afford professional installation, that’s probably the way to go. Otherwise, understand what installing the camera you want entails and be sure you can do it.
By now you know how to choose the best outdoor night vision security cameras, but let’s do a quick recap of some of the best we’ve seen.
Sunba makes the best PTZ camera. It offers a wide range of views, total control of the angles, and awesome night vision.
The HeimVision package is great if you want a multi-camera setup. You get four cameras and an NVR hub. It’s simple to use, but it takes a bit to set up. You may want to contact a pro to help you.
For the budget-minded shopper, we recommend Amiccom’s security camera. It has 1080p res, push motion alerts, great night vision, and is WiFi-capable. All this is yours for a pretty affordable price.
We were impressed with that light bulb camera too. It’s so easy to install, and it connects directly to your router. Install the app for viewing from anywhere.
You’re ready to make the choice now. Go on, get your outdoor security camera now.