Table of Contents Show
- 10 Best Pool Alarms on the Market:
- 1. Pool Patrol PA-30
- 2. Lifebuoy Best Pool Alarm System
- 3. Poolguard PGRM-2 In-Ground Swimming Pool Alarm
- 4. Poolguard DAPT-2 Water Hazard Best Pool Door Alarm
- 5. Techko S187D Safe Best Pool Alarm
- 6. iSmartAlarm Contact Best Pool Alarm
- 7. Blue Wave NA4212 Poolwatch Pool Alarm System
- 8. Poolguard PGRMSB Safety Buoy Best Swimming Pool Alarm For Inground Pools
- 9. ShockAlarm Electric Shock Drowning Safety Protection For Pools
- 10. Safety Turtle 2.0 Child Immersion Pool Alarm
- Tips on Choosing the Best Pool Alarm
- Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Pool Alarm
- Making The Decision
As more people invest in pool homes and more apartments get built, the issue of drowning becomes more and more of an issue. Toda the accidental death rate of drowning victims is higher than vehicle fatalities. One of the few ways to combat this issue and keep your family safe and secure is by purchasing a good pool alarm.
The challenge is figuring out which alarm is the best to purchase and that’s why we researched the market and became experts on the matter. We’ve compared features including range, ease of use, and alarm type. It is important to have the best pool alarms because they will be reliable, and loud enough to hear. The mediocre pool alarm will not work properly and will not be trustworthy.
This resource has all the necessary information to make a conscious decision as well as pool alarm reviews to make things easier.
10 Best Pool Alarms on the Market:
1. Pool Patrol PA-30View at Amazon
This is a pool alarm by Pool Patrol. It is a PA-30. This model works well for above-ground pools and both in-ground.
Just under half of the customers who purchased this pool alarm are happy with it. It works great and it’s loud no matter if you’re inside or outside. It’s a great device to help with the passing inspection. It might be one of the best floating swimming pool alarms on the market.
- Easy to install
- Works well
- Easy to adjust
- Extremely sensitive
- A little high priced
- Might trap a lot of debris on top of pool
If you’re looking to buy one of the best pool alarms on the market, then this might be the right product for you. Get your easy to install floating pool alarm!View at Amazon
2. Lifebuoy Best Pool Alarm SystemView at Amazon
This pool alarm is a Lifebuoy pool alarm system. This pool alarm has a motion sensor and it is controlled by an application. Through the application, users can adjust the alarm length, alarm state, and alarm sensitivity.
The alarm will sound when a pet or a person falls into the water. Movement in the pool is picked up with long-range RF. Over half of the pool alarm reviews show that customers are happy with it. It is loud and works well. The app works well to inform you of incidents.
- Good functionality
- Easy to use
- Have to be close enough to control through the app
- The pool unit has to be sent in if battery maintenance or replacement is needed
If you’re looking for a reliable pool alarm that will help keep your kids safe, then this is the best swimming pool alarm system you’ll find. Even though it’s a little expensive, this device can be depended on to alert you when someone falls in your pool.
It is a smart device, accompanied by a nice app that you can use as long as you’re within a good range.View at Amazon
3. Poolguard PGRM-2 In-Ground Swimming Pool AlarmView at Amazon
This Inground pool alarm is a Poolguard PGRM This pack of 1 is also available in a pack of 4. This pool alarm is designed to pick up the intrusions and the height of a one-year-old.
Close to half of the customers who purchased this pool alarm are happy with it. They say it is one of the best inground swimming pool alarms, works well, and will wake you up if you’re sleeping. It’s easy to use, but not easy enough that a child will figure out how to use it.
Some customers reported that it’s not good enough to replace a pool fence and it will not detect movement from far away with larger pools.
- Provides peace of mind when small kids are around
- Easy to use
- Might not work well for larger pools
- Very sensitive and might get set off on windy days
This is a great product for people with small children. It provides peace of mind that the kids will not access the pool without you knowing it. If you have a really large pool, then other measures should be taken to secure the area and keep the children away. Get your trustworthy pool alarm today!View at Amazon
4. Poolguard DAPT-2 Water Hazard Best Pool Door AlarmView at Amazon
This water hazard pool door alarm is a UL 2017 Poolguard DAPT-2. Just over half of the customers who purchased this pool alarm are happy with it. It works great and it’s really loud and it’s a great add-on to help your pool pass inspection.
Even though best pool alarms consumer reports that this is a great choice for children’s safety, some customers have a problem with the loudness of the sound as well as the fact that you have to manually shut it off.
- Really loud
- Works well
- Easily to install
- It’s an annoying sound
If you have small children that might enter the pool or you need to get through a pool inspection this is the best pool door alarm to install. It’s quick and easy and some customers have reported keeping it for the inspection and then removing it after. Get yours today for under $50!View at Amazon
5. Techko S187D Safe Best Pool AlarmView at Amazon
This Techko S187D Safe Pool Alarm is all you’ll need to pass your pool inspection. About half of the customers who purchased this pool alarm are happy with it. The best above-ground pool alarm reviews that the product is helpful if you need to pass an inspection and it is loud enough to hear from any area of your home. It is the perfect buy when you have small children around.
- Easy and quick installation
- Not painfully loud
- Big and clunky
- Drains batteries fast
- Not that attractive
If you’re looking for a reliable alarm this could be the best child pool alarm you’ll find! Customers should keep in mind that his product doesn’t fit on a pool gate if there is a 1″ gap.View at Amazon
6. iSmartAlarm Contact Best Pool AlarmView at Amazon
This 2 pack iSmartAlarm is compatible with Alexa and IFTTT. It is a white DWS3R contact sensor and works great on windows, cabinets, doors, and other entranceways.
In addition to this door/window sensor style, other options for purchase include the deluxe package, motion-detecting, preferred package, satellite siren, smart switch, starter package, and the iCamera Keep HD Camera.
About half of the customers who purchased this pool alarm are pleased with it. It’s easy to install and sync. Some customers were concerned that it might not have been loud enough to wake them up.
- Easy to install and sync
- Easy to operate with smartphone
- Not very loud
- Sensors might not work well in extreme cold
This is one of the best pool safety alarms to have if you have a solid internet connection. It is quick and easy to install and works well with your smartphone. Get your alarm today for a good price!View at Amazon
7. Blue Wave NA4212 Poolwatch Pool Alarm SystemView at Amazon
This Poolwatch pool alarm system is a Blue Wave NA4212. It has an electronic sensor that will detect any pool entry from intruders, pets, or children. When the alarm is activated the remote receiver will sound. It picks up objects that weigh 18 pounds or more.
Just under half of the customers who purchased this pool alarm are happy with it. They report that it works well and has provided great protection for their children. Some of the disappointed customers reported that the product either didn’t last long, arrived broken, or was too sensitive.
- Functions well
- Easy setup
- Not so easy to adjust
- You have to drill holes into your deck for mounting
If you’re looking for a reliable safety pool alarm system, then this is the right product for you. Customers have reported that this device has to keep their kids safe. New customers should be sure to check the instructions for setup and care because they are important for proper alarm functioning.
Get your pool alarm system today for just under $90!View at Amazon
8. Poolguard PGRMSB Safety Buoy Best Swimming Pool Alarm For Inground PoolsView at Amazon
This safety buoy above ground pool or spa alarm is a Poolguard model PGRM-SB. It is made for any spa or above-ground pool, and will also work in several small in-ground pools. This is the only pool alarm that is certified the way it is. This device uses Subsurface detection technology to pick up on 18 pounds or more.
There aren’t many reviews for this product however less than half of the customers who purchased this product are happy with it. Some people have reported that the alarm is too sensitive for them to use.
- Floats on the water
- Good range
- A little sensitive, an alarm might sound with strong wind
If you’re looking for a pool alarm that floats and gets good range, then this might be a good purchase for you. It’s one of the best swimming pool alarms for inground pools and it is pretty good. Get your pool alarm today for just under $160!View at Amazon
9. ShockAlarm Electric Shock Drowning Safety Protection For PoolsView at Amazon
This electric shock drowning safety protection device for docks and pools is by ShockAlarm. To get started, just activate the alarm and place it in the water. It does not introduce electricity to the water. Customers reviewed this product and reported that it’s in their pool and works well.
- Doesn’t introduce electricity to water
This is one of the best pool safety alarms. You can take it with you and depend on it to work well. It will float on your pool and monitor the entire time. Get your pool alarm today for just under $70!View at Amazon
10. Safety Turtle 2.0 Child Immersion Pool AlarmView at Amazon
This water alarm kit is a New Safety Turtle 2.0. This kit comes with 2 child immersion wristbands. Kids will be excited to wear them because these bands are cute.
About half of the customers who posted above-ground pool alarm reviews are happy. They have reported that these bands have lasted through drops on tile and strikes against a cement pool. They are very cute and the kids don’t mind wearing them at all.
The alarm is very loud and can be heard inside and outside the house. Some of the disappointed customers reported bands that snapped easily and kits that gave false alarms.
- Attractive to kids
- Bands fit any child’s wrist size
- Made of strong plastic
- Very loud
- Portable device
- Bands can be hard to place on a child
- Saliva from a gnawing child can set off the alarm
New customers should know that the watches need a special key to put on and take off. If you need a reliable alarm that you trust to help keep your kid safe, then you should check out one of these best-rated pool alarms to get the job done.
This alarm kit is appealing to the kids, it’s dependable, and it is made from durable material. Buy your dependable alarm today for just under $230!View at Amazon
Tips on Choosing the Best Pool Alarm
- Learn your local laws for pool alarm
- Pick a pool alarm that is easy to use. You need something that is easy to adjust, turn off and on, or even manage from your smartphone
- Aim for a discrete and loud alarm if you’re targeting intruders. You don’t want someone disarming your alarm and then taking full advantage of your pool
- Aim for a loud alarm that is easy to turn on and off if you’re trying to protect small children. You might have to deal with this alarm several times a week and it could get tedious if your alarm is difficult to control
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Pool Alarm
- Type of pool alarm you want: There are 4 types of alarms including wrist alarms, submerged in pool alarms, surface of pool water alarms, and window or door pool alarms.
- Reliability: You need an alarm that will work every time it is supposed to
- Loud: You need a device that will wake you up if there is an incident
- Sensitivity: Do you need to keep intruders out, or are you protecting small children?
- Price: The pool alarm shouldn’t deplete your savings. You can find a reliable pool alarm that is easy to use and gets the job done all for an affordable price.
Making The Decision
Now that you have all the information you need about which pool alarm will provide the best security it is time to make your purchase. Be sure to evaluate all the things that matter including reliability and ease of use.
Make sure it is an alarm that is loud enough to hear, and make sure you get the best product for your situation. If you are protecting kids or pets you might have to have a flexible budget. Spending a little more for guaranteed safety is a sacrifice you have to make at times.
Remember to check out the pool alarm reviews. It’s one of the best ways to get an understanding of what you are getting ready to purchase. Lots of happy customers could mean that this is a trustworthy product that you can benefit from.
Once you’ve narrowed it down let’s move on to the final step of picking the best pool alarm for you. Grab that security and peace of mind by buying your trustworthy pool alarm today!