Table of Contents Show
- 10 Best Swimming Pool Basketball Hoops:
- 1. Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System
- 2. Swimline Super Hoops Floating Basketball Game
- 3. Dunnrite PoolSport pool basketball (B950)
- 4. Poolmaster 72783 Pro Rebounder Poolside Basketball Game
- 5. Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Super-Wide
- 6. GoSports Splash Hoop 360 Floating Pool Basketball Game
- 7. SwimWays 2 In 1 Pool Sport Combo Set
- 8. COOP Hydro Spring Hoops , Design may vary
- 9. Dunnrite Splash and Shoot Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop
- 10. SKLZ Pro Mini Hoop Basketball System
- Tips for Purchasing the Best Inflatable Basketball Hoop
- Considerations When Buying the Best Pool Basketball Hoop
- Making The Decision
Hanging out by the pool is always a fun summertime activity. If you want to make it more fun, just add a poolside basketball hoop to get everyone moving. Swimming in the pool is a great way to exercise providing your body with a buoyancy that prevents muscles from straining themselves while you have fun in the pool.
You can easily add a basketball pool hoop to the edge of your pool where it can stand secured into place. The basketball hoop can either hang over the edge of the pool or it can sit back just a little bit. With a rebounder design, water basketball hoops allow the ball to bounce back into the pool, so you can collect it easier instead of having to climb back out to get it.
I have found that using a pool basketball system is a huge hit at pool parties, no matter how old everyone in the pool is. If you have small children, the floating basketball hoops are even better since the kids can swim and mess around with the hoop wherever it goes. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best pool basketball hoop for your pool.
10 Best Swimming Pool Basketball Hoops:
1. Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball SystemView at Amazon
If you are looking for the best pool basketball hoop for saltwater, the Lifetime Pool Side Basketball System has a weather-resistant finish and an all-weather nylon net. The graphic on the backboard uses UV-protected ink when they are screen-printed giving you great color and protection from the elements. You also get a professional glass look with a durable polyethylene frame that you can break.
- It is really easy to put together
- Since it is adjustable, you set it really high
- Overall, it is pretty sturdy
- Once you fill it with water, you can’t move it
- The directions are not at all helpful
2. Swimline Super Hoops Floating Basketball GameView at Amazon
Portable and lightweight, the Swimline Super Hoops are perfect for use at the lake or pool. It comes with a basketball and is designed to be portable. It does not come with an anchor or backboard, so you need to plan your shot ahead of time.
This basketball hoop is a real challenge to players. The Swimline Super Hoops are constructed with PVC to provide the most durability and strength. With the fluted tubing and heavy-duty net, you will have hours of fun all summer long with the best floating basketball hoop on the market.
- It is very easy to assemble and takes about five minutes
- A nice portable hoop that you can take with you on vacation
- For it being a portable hoop, it is pretty strong and durable
- It isn’t very sturdy for kids
- The ball is pretty cheap
3. Dunnrite PoolSport pool basketball (B950)View at Amazon
Featuring a color-matched basketball ball, the Dunnrite PoolSport comes with a 13 ½ inch rim made of durable stainless steel and a silk-screened poly backboard that can withstand a lot of sunshine. The inground pool basketball hoop comes with a pedestal that allows the rim to extend out over the water preventing players from having to swim too close to the edge of the pool.
This water basketball hoop has a fixed height of 36-inches above the deck. When filled with water, the base of this basketball hoop weighs 115 pounds, and all the hardware is made of stainless steel for added durability and a long lifespan.
- This is a really good product that is nice and durable
- It’s nice how the rim sticks out so the kids can shoot from a distance
- It is pretty stable once it’s all put together
- The steel portion will rust, which runs down the base
- You have to tighten the screws every time you use it
4. Poolmaster 72783 Pro Rebounder Poolside Basketball GameView at Amazon
Made with all-weather materials, the Poolmaster Pro Rebounder is constructed of polyform plastic and includes a backboard and game base that can withstand the elements. Easy to assemble, the included net features a mold-resistant polyester coating adding to its durability and lifespan. This is the perfect pool basketball goal for either inground or above-ground pools that have perimeter decking.
This basketball pool game comes with all the components you need to have fun including an inflating needle and game ball. The base of the goal can be filled with either sand or water for stability. The Poolmaster Pro Rebounder is perfect for kids and adults and is a great way to enjoy the summer in the pool.
- This hoop has a really sturdy setup and will get lots of use
- It works for either type of pool and is pretty durable
- You get everything including a ball and an inflating needle
- The ball is made of cheap plastic
5. Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Super-WideView at Amazon
If you are looking for a commercial quality pool basketball hoop, the Swimline Cool Jam Pro features an oversized 44-inch backboard and sturdy construction at an affordable price. This is an easy assemble swimming pool basketball hoop that is also very durable.
Featuring a multi-height adjustable stand, the Swimline Cool Jam Pro includes a heavy-duty net, a metal hoop, and a game ball that is regulation size. The stand can easily be filled with water to add to its stability while the super-wide backboard makes it easier to get the ball into the hoop.
- It is very durable, even in storms
- The hoop is made well and is easy to set up
- It is affordably priced and easy to put together
- The net rips quickly
- Its appearance fades quickly
6. GoSports Splash Hoop 360 Floating Pool Basketball GameView at Amazon
Including a hoop, two balls, and a hand pump with an inflation needle, the Gosport’s Splash Hoop 360 will give you hours of pool time fun. With the patented pending hoop design, this hoop assembles instantly with no tools required. It has a modern design that is a great addition to the side of any pool.
This above-ground pool basketball hoop has a sturdy frame that can withstand splashing and tons of dunking or horsing around. Featuring a durable basketball net for an above-ground pool, the design of the Gosport’s Splash Hoop 360 keeps it afloat while you play, and having two balls allows multiple players to shoot at the same time.
- It is pretty cool looking and durable
- The hoop is made of good quality material and is very affordable
- It handles waves well and stays balanced
- With the metal parts, someone could get hurt when dunking
- It would be nice if there were more colors to choose from
7. SwimWays 2 In 1 Pool Sport Combo SetView at Amazon
This outdoor basketball and volleyball net is a great combination for any swimming pool. The SwimWays 2 in 1 is easy to set up or transform the net into the other game. This poolside basketball set includes a plastic base that can be filled with water for added stability. Using waterproof netting and durable plastic, this combo set will last you years and resist both mildew and rust.
Simple to set up, the SwimWays 2 in 1 does not require tools for assembly. When used as a volleyball net, it will extend 24 feet making it a great choice for your backyard pool. This 2 in 1 combo set is perfect for both children and adults for hours of pool time fun.
- This is super easy to set up for the kid
- It is durable and waterproof, so it will last a while
- You get two different sports to play in one product
- It is hard to put the cap on once you fill it with water
- It needs a softer ball
8. COOP Hydro Spring Hoops , Design may varyView at Amazon
Featuring fabric-covered inflation, the COOP Hydro Spring Hoop comes with an inflatable basketball that has a textured grip to give you non-slip performance. Using innerspring technology, this base has better stability and lets the inflatable twist and turn as well as fold back down when you need to store it away.
This durable floating basketball hoop opens right up for instant play and comes with a colorful fabric covering that kid’s love.
The inflation chamber of the COOP Hydro Spring Hoop adds more durability to the basketball hoop. Perfect for pool parties, this fun basketball hoop comes with a portable storage bag so you can take it with you on vacation as well.
- It is pretty sturdy in comparison to other hoops
- The ball is durable and easy to grip
- This is a great family fun pool toy
- It doesn’t have a backboard
- It doesn’t come with a ball pump
9. Dunnrite Splash and Shoot Swimming Pool Basketball HoopView at Amazon
Featuring a stainless-steel rim, the Dunnrite Splash and Shoot includes a heavy-duty aluminum pole with a powder coating for protection against rust. It includes a stainless-steel, regulation-size basketball rim that has a vinyl coating for rust protection and an all-weather net.
The base of the Dunnrite Splash and Shoot can hold up to 200 pounds of water to give it total stability. The adjustable telescoping pole can reach 56-inches over the pool deck allowing it to grow with your children.
- This is a very durable hoop and backboard
- You can adjust the height for your kids
- This basketball hoop will not move once you put water in it
- It is a little difficult to put together
- The backboard can break after some use
10. SKLZ Pro Mini Hoop Basketball SystemView at Amazon
Easily fill the base with water or sand to get it set up and you will have the best poolside basketball hoop to practice your dunk shots on. As your child grows, the system can adjust to him. It also features wheels so you can move it to different spots in your yard.
With a professional look, this basketball system is perfect for practice or a competitive game. The break-away rim measures 14 ½ inches and features spring action that lets it instantly bounce back once you make your shot. The seven-inch rubber basketball will ensure you have hours of fun with a basketball system that will provide years of use.
- Since it can adjust with your child, you can use it for years
- The breakaway rim is great when the game gets intense
- This is a durable hoop that can withstand rough play
- It shouldn’t be used outside since the goal will rust
- You cannot dunk on this goal since it’s not very sturdy
Tips for Purchasing the Best Inflatable Basketball Hoop
It’s important to consider how you plan to play basketball to help determine if you want a floating or poolside hoop.
Main Basketball Pool Hoop Points to Think About:
Durability is one of the biggest factors to think about when you buy a pool basketball hoop. You want your hoop to be a pool basketball hoop, so make sure that the backboard and net are weather-resistant and that it won’t rust as many pool hoops do.
Products like the Lifetime Pool Basketball Hoop are known for their durability and stability, so make sure to do your research before you buy one and determine how difficult it will be to install it.
Depending on where you use it, portability can be another factor. Floating basketball hoops are usually a good choice if you plan to take the hoop with you on vacation. A portable hoop is also a good choice if you only plan to play a few games occasionally.
If this is something you plan to use a lot, then you may want to consider a pool basketball hoop that can be set up at your home that is sturdy enough to keep outside.
Floating versus Pool Side Basketball Hoop?
There are benefits to both floating and poolside basketball hoops. The main thing to consider is how sturdy you want the base to be if you plan to play in just one area or if you want a hoop that will float around the pool with you as you play.
Perfect for those that like to swim around and have fun and laid-back game, floating basketball hoops are also great for small kids that can play while they spend time swimming around the pool.
With a poolside basketball hoop, you will have a base that gives you more of a real type of feel that includes a backboard for dunking and rebounds. Typically, an above-ground pool basketball hoop is better for adults and teens to use that are interested in a more serious game.
Considerations When Buying the Best Pool Basketball Hoop
When searching for a water basketball hoop, unless you choose an inflatable basketball hoop for a pool, you will want to make sure you have a sturdy base.
A base that you can fill with sand or water will be the most stable and, depending on the overall design and weight of the hoop, you will want a base that can support a larger volume of water or sand.
These hoops are designed differently so they can prevent them from tipping over into a pool, so make sure to take into consideration which basketball hoop designs are sturdier and are less likely to tip over.
Typically, the basketballs that come with the hoops aren’t high-quality items. If you have a small child, you should skip the foam balls due to choking hazards.
Products like the Lifetime Poolside Basketball Hoop are designed for kids ages eight and up where this isn’t a problem. If you have serious basketball players at home, buy a few pool basketballs that can be used with your hoop.
Since your basketball hoop will see a lot of chlorine, saltwater, or splashing water, everything on it should be parts that are rust-resistant.
Look for plastic, PVC, or stainless steel that has powder-coated parts. It can also help to spray the important parts before you assemble them with a layer of rust corrosion protection, which can probably add years to its life.
If you have a stable pool basketball hoop, the risk of it tipping into the pool is pretty limited. Make sure children don’t hang or dunk the hoop in the event they could injure themselves. Always look for a pool basketball hoop that is safe and load up the base with water or sand first. And always use it responsibly while you have fun.
If you want even more fun in the pool, check out the best pool slides.
Making The Decision
The winner of the best pool basketball hoop roundup is the Lifetime Pool Side Basketball System. With a weather-resistant finish and an all-weather nylon net, this basketball system is a classic example of what you want for your swimming pool. Kids will love the UV-protected graphics on the backboard along with the professional glass look.
With the telescoping height adjustment, you can adjust this swimming pool basketball goal between 4 and 6 ½ feet making it perfect for kids as they grow. It also comes with a glass rim and a steel pole with a three-inch and a base that is portable, but heavy-duty with a 27-gallon capacity. The definite winner of the best pool basketball hoop roundup is the Lifetime Pool Side Basketball System hands down.