Table of Contents Show
- Best Projectors under $300
- NEBULA Anker Capsule, Smart Wi-Fi Mini Projector, Black, 100 ANSI Lumen Portable Projector, 360° Speaker, Movie Projector, 100 Inch Picture, 4-Hour Video Playtime, Neat Projector, Home Entertainment
- YABER Y30 Native 1080P Projector 9500L Brightness Full HD Video Projector 1920 x 1080, ±50° 4D Keystone Correction Support 4k & Zoom,LCD LED Home Theater Projector Compatible with Phone,PC,TV Box,PS4
- 8500Lumens 5G WiFi Projector, Full HD Native 1080P 4K Projector, Synchronize Smartphone Screen, Compatible with TV Stick/HDMI/PS4/DVD Player/AV for Outdoor Movies 120″ Projector Screen Included
- KODAK Luma 350 Portable Smart Projector w/ Luma App | Ultra HD Rechargeable Video Projector w/ Onboard Android 6.0, Streaming Apps, Wi-Fi, Mirroring, Remote Control & Crystal-Clear Imaging
- ViewSonic M1 Portable LED Projector with Auto Keystone, Dual Harman Kardon Speakers, HDMI, USB C, Stream Netflix with Dongle
- Mini Projector, Vamvo Ultra Mini Portable Projector 1080p Supported HD DLP LED Rechargeable Pico Projector with HDMI, USB, TF, and Micro SD, Supports iPhone Android Laptop PC Projectors for Outdoor
- AKASO Mini Projector, Pocket-Sized DLP Portable Projector, 50 ANSI Lumens Video Projector, Support 1080P HDMI Input Built-in Rechargeable Battery Stereo Speakers and Remote Control Movie Projector
- The Verdict
Whether it’s for the home, classroom, or boardroom, projectors bring a whole new level of immersive enjoyment to the viewing experience. Choosing the right projector can be challenging, and doing it on a budget can make it even harder, so Property Guard Master is putting its years of tech experience to work for you.
When you are looking for the best projectors under 300 dollars, factors like aspect ratio, resolution, and even positioning can mean the difference between a crisp, clear picture and a blurry, unfocused mess. Using our unique understanding of the components that impact video quality, we have compiled a list of the best projectors under $300.
Best Projectors under $300
The Nebula Capsule is a feature-packed portable DLP projector with an Android operating system. The cylindrical design features a seamless aluminum body, top dial controls, and a 360° speaker compressed into a 15-ounce “pop can”.
Advanced IntelliBright algorithms deliver 500 exceptionally bright lumens at a 16:9 aspect ratio, producing vivid pictures ideal for dimmer environments. With its powerful connectivity options, it’s hard to believe you can get this portable projector for under 300 dollars.
The long-throw lens features a manual focus dial and an automatic ±40° vertical Keystone correction for an 854*480 pixel resolution. There are only two ports on the capsule: an HDMI input and a micro-USB input for the battery charger.
What sets the Nebula Capsule apart from others in the pico category is the dedicated Capsule Control app which allows you to play directly from all of your favorite streaming services. The omnidirectional speaker pumps out 5 watts of powerful acoustics and, with the inclusion of Bluetooth, doubles as a wireless speaker.
- Capsule Control app available through the App Store and Google Play
- Comes with a padded carry bag, charger and HDMI cord
- Bottom-mounted tripod attachment
- Does not support Chromecast
- Copyright material not supported through mirror or screencast
The YABER 1080p Projector is 6,800 lumens, a full HD video projector with a built-in, dual speaker SRS sound system. It combines mirror function with a proprietary algorithm for authentic color reproduction at an 8,000:1 contrast ratio.
The double-sided cooling system is equipped with intelligent controls that detect internal temperatures and automatically adjust fan speeds. This not only prevents overheating, it reduces projector noise by up to 40%.
A strong entry in the best home projector under the $300 category, the YABER Native 1080p 6,800 lumens has a unique level of portability not found in most of its competitors.
Traditional projectors are only equipped with vertical correction at ±15°. The YABER Native has vertical and horizontal corrections with a range of ±50°. This means you can place the projector off-center and stand in front of the screen without blocking the image.
- Semi-hidden lens design prevents accidental scratches
- Low dispersion lens minimizes chromatic aberrations
- 3-year warranty
- Does not support Dolby sound
- Firmware upgrade required for jerky or lagging playback
- Mirror function requires additional cords not included in the box
The DRJ is 8,500 lumens, portable 1080p projector with dual built-in speakers designed for home theater use. An impressive +60% brightness LED lighting system combined with the MStar Advanced Color Engine system produces a true 1080p high definition display with a 2,000:1 contrast ratio.
The innovative cooling system lets you watch movies and play video games for up to four hours at a time, and the projector bulb has an amazing 40,000-hour lamp life. When considering the best budget projector under 300 dollars, you want something lightweight, portable, and easy to use.
The DRJ Mini Projector checks all the boxes. It weighs less than the average laptop, comes with its own carry case, and uses Plug & Play technology.
It is compatible with a variety of streaming services and gaming devices and also has a Micro SD port that supports standard video formats. Fine-tune the display with rotating dials that allow you to manually adjust the focus and vertical Keystone.
- 5ft HDMI cable included in the box
- 3-year warranty
- Optional VANKYO screen, projector stand and mount available
- Does not support Dolby sound
- Smart device connections require additional cords not included in the box
- Not recommended for use with Office and Powerpoint
The KODAK Luma 350 Projector is a miniature portable projector that features the latest in display and light technology to produce 200 Ansi Lumens at a 3500:1 contrast ratio that is ideal for darkroom gamers. With an adjustable footpad and ±15° Keystone correction, this compact projector is versatile enough for ceiling mounts, tripods, or a tabletop setup.
The KODAK Luma 350 Projector is a powerful, darkroom gaming projector under $300 that allows users to amplify the gaming experience with a 180” max display, full 1080p HD, and dual built-in speakers. Compatible with popular gaming devices, it has HDMI, VGA, Micro SD, and AV interface ports.
An additional USB port offers flash drive support in most video formats and allows wireless device connections via a Miracast dongle. Lightweight and portable, the KODAK Luma 350 is easy to set up, weighs less than three pounds, and is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Multiple connection options, including wireless
- HDMI and AV 3-in-1 Cable included in the box
- Does not support Dolby sound
- Projector light cuts off suddenly during use to prevent overheating
- USB port does not support cord connection or data transfer
- Not intended for use with Office and Powerpoint
The ViewSonic M1 is a pocket-size, ultraportable LED projector with a built-in battery and a short-throw lens designed for indoor and outdoor use. The award-winning design features an integrated smart stand that offers 360° projection and doubles as a protective lens cover that automatically powers off the unit when the projector is closed.
When the lens is uncovered, the ViewSonic M1 automatically powers on to its full 250 lumens brightness and is ready to play. If you are looking for an outdoor projector for under 300 dollars, the ViewSonic M1 is tough to beat.
The built-in battery offers six continuous hours of digital entertainment on a single charge, and the dual Harman Kardon speakers provide professional quality acoustics for a fully immersive viewing experience.
A 16GB internal storage drive lets you take up to 4 hours of video and 4,000 songs with you anywhere you go, making it one of the most versatile projectors in the pico category.
- 3-year warranty on parts and labor
- 1-year warranty on light source
- Custom carry case included
- Low brightness limits use to dark rooms and nighttime outdoors
- Cannot download and run streaming apps on the projector
- Low resolution- 854 x 480
The Vamvo Ultra Mini is a compact 1080p projector under $300 that delivers an astonishing 1,800 lumens in a 6-ounce, pocket-sized pico projector. It uses LED and DLP technology to produce crystal clear images with a 1,000:1 contrast ratio. It features the latest in multi-screen technology and a powerful 3-port interface for a variety of connectivity options in darkroom settings.
The projector body features integrated surface keys that respond quickly to touch commands, and a built-in SRS speaker system that offers clear, well-balanced acoustics. A 180° rotating switch cover protects the lens and automatically controls power to the unit.
The manual focus dial is conveniently located on the side of the projector box and the digital display menu allows you to adjust both picture and sound. It has a 5-foot throw distance that makes it ideal for small audiences and personal use.
- Supports DLNA, AirPlay and Miracast technology
- Quick-charge battery
- Can project onto multiple surfaces, including ceilings
- Ideal for movies, gaming, and presentations
- 18-month warranty
- Android connections require an EZCast app
- Encrypted videos may require additional cables, adapters, or sticks
The ultra-portable AKASO Mini uses advanced DLP technology to produce crystal clear, 1080p images with a 2,000:1 contrast ratio.
The RGB LED lights kick out 50 vibrant lumens ideal for dark environments, both indoors and out. Loaded with connectivity options, both wired and wireless, and just under a half-pound, the AKASO Mini is the most versatile compact full HD projector for under $300.
A manual focus wheel on the side of the unit allows for easy picture adjustment, and additional fine-tuning is available through the digital display. The lens is recessed and protected by a heavy-duty raised rim. Intelligent cooling prevents the projector from overheating without producing significant audio interference.
A built-in SRS system provides well-balanced acoustics and the built-in battery doubles as a mobile power bank when the projector is not in use.
- Supports Android and iOS
- Smaller than most smartphones
- Durable materials
- Not as bright as some competitors
- Industry-low warranty of 12 months
- Will not operate while connected to the charger
Get the most out of your portable projector experience with the award-winning Nebula Capsule. Although it is not a short-throw projector, it stands out among the competition for its durable, innovative design and ultra-powerful Android 7.1 operating system.
Top-notch acoustics and a versatile user interface give the Nebula a distinct edge over its competitors, but a low price tag and the Capsule Control App seal the deal. Most projectors in the pico category require additional cordage to support streaming services, and those cords can get pricey and bulky.
The Nebula Capsule Control App eliminates the cost and hassle by bringing all of the most popular streaming services together in a single, authorized app, making it the most powerful portable projector under $300. All the best to you!