Table of Contents Show
- Best Refrigerators for Garage:
- Euhomy Mini Fridge with Freezer, 3.2 Cu.Ft Mini Refrigerator with Freezer
- KUPPET Retro Mini Refrigerator 2-Door Compact Refrigerator for Dorm, Garage, Camper, Basement or Office, 3.2 Cu.Ft (Red)
- KUPPET Compact Refrigerator Mini Refrigerator for Dorm, Garage, Camper, Basement or Office, Double Door Refrigerator and Freezer, 3.2 Cu.Ft, Black
- Avallon 3.3 Cu Ft 15″ Outdoor Built-In Refrigerator – Right Hinge
- EdgeStar CRF321SS 3.1 Cu. Ft. Dorm Sized Energy Star Compact Fridge/Freezer
- RCA RFR329-Red Garage Fridge Tool Box, 3.2 Cubic Feet, Red
- Danby DAR044A5BSLDD Compact Refrigerator, Spotless Steel Door, 4.4 Cubic Feet
- How to Safely run a Refrigerator in a Hot Garage
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Garage Refrigerator
- Garage Refrigerator FAQs
- Making The Decision
Have you ever used a mini-refrigerator before? They’re compact, having enough space to store perishable items but needing only a fraction of the space and power that larger refrigerators require. However, this isn’t to say that you should buy any small fridge that you see online. Many brands have unique features that could benefit one individual in more ways than the next.
The best refrigerators for garage use has adequate food capacity and assembles quickly, cooling items of various sizes fast. There are ten fridges detailed below that possess all of these qualities and more. Whether you need a small fridge for the office or at home, you’re in the right place. Let’s begin!
Best Refrigerators for Garage:
The Euhomy Mini Fridge has all the right features that one looks for in a cooling system of this size. One of the largest complaints that users have with low-quality garage freezers/refrigerators is the speed at which they cool down food and drinks. For the unlucky, this could be several hours, even basic things like tea.
But with this Euhomy product, such an issue will never occur. And once things are frozen, they’ll stay that way until you’re ready to take them out. No longer will semi-thawed food will cause odors to your room or garage.
The freezer above has no shelves, so stuff as much as you can inside without worrying about running out of space. The lower fridge has only two, with the lower one sitting directly above the vegetable/fruit drawer.
Sealing is great and no cold air will escape from either compartment when it’s closed. Overall, the Euhomy Mimi is the best garage fridge for people who must place large items for cooling in a small space. The lack of drawers is the selling point here; don’t pass it up if these are the attributes that you’re looking for.
- Does a good job of keeping frozen items from becoming semi-thawed
- There are no shelves in the freezer, which allows more items to be packed inside
- Good seal along the rim doesn’t seep out cold air in both cooler and freezer
- The refrigerator portion tends to freeze items if they’re left too far in the back for a long time
The Kuppet retro Mini is a refrigerator freezer combo for garage spaces, built for easy access with its strong handle situated in from the freezer/fridge doors. Don’t worry about the magnetic seal clinging; the refrigerator won’t slide when you do this. The look is another nice touch. It resembles a classic icebox (save for its rectangular shape).
If you or someone that you know has a soft spot for retro-styled products and appliances, this will surely make a great and useful gift. Put your favorite ice cream flavors in the freezer and they’ll never come out semi-melted. The same applies to ice, whereby you can expect liquid water to freeze over in less than an hour.
This unit has no coils and is powered by a compressor instead. It’ll easily fit the wall or anywhere else that you want, never sticking out too far from cabinets. If you’re building your holding area for the fridge, don’t worry about adding inches to make up for coils. Just use caution when walking near the fridge, as dents can be made easily with shoes or other hard objects.
- The two handles situated on the doors make it easy for users to open, as the magnetic seal is very strong
- Has a classic aesthetic that looks similar to the traditions of refrigerators produced in the 1950s
- Freezers ice (and ice cream) quickly
- No coils are situated in the refrigerator’s rear, saving space if it must fit into a tight corner
- The lower refrigerator door dents easily if struck with a hard object
The Kuppet Compact Refrigerator has great attributes or things that the average person may not think about when purchasing, yet would later notice. The best example is its power cord length, long enough to place the unit a few feet away from a nearby outlet.
Upon opening the freezer doors, you’ll notice a small scraper. This is for you to scrape out all the unwanted frost that builds up when a large number of items are placed inside.
There’s a small reservoir to hold the water runoff for this; it’s not a requirement for you to bring the unit outside for cleaning. This is the best mini refrigerator for very hot garage rooms or regions with high seasonal temperatures.
If you live in such a location (or your garage is sweltering), understand that the freezer and cooler will work as normal. Keep your food cold no matter what. You might have to adjust your dial a bit in this situation, but nothing else.
- Good AC cord length
- A scraper made of plastic is included with the refrigerator for scraping frost from the freezer
- Will freeze water in hot locations (such as garages)
- Soft drink bottles over 2 liters can only be placed on the cooler door’s rack in an upright position, which is limited in space
The Avallon AFR151SSODRH is great for anyone that wants to refrigerate their food in an environment where the contents inside must be secured, such as an office, classroom, or home with kids/teens with a habitual sweet tooth. It has a keyhole at the bottom, whereby using the provided key can lock in all goodies and treats until you’re ready to get them yourself.
While this might not seem like much on the surface, it’ll allow you to save things that you don’t want to be consumed by others.
When you’re ready to open it, look at the LED lights included. They’re yellow and blue, adding a nice decorative color on top of its ability to quickly cool down your food. The adjustable shelves will fit two-liter bottles without a problem when they’re spaced out correctly. It keeps extra room on the fridge’s door for small condiments that you don’t want to get lost in the back.
The inside fan can get very loud when it’s running. You may not notice it if the unit goes in a loud room, but can be made out clearly whenever things get silent. Besides this, there’s nothing else about the AFR151SSODRH that one would find unfavorable. It’s great for both work and home locations.
- A key is featured at the very bottom of the door, making the fridge ideal for an office or other work-type settings
- Contains two LED lights, one yellow and blue
- If the shelves are adjusted, the fridge can easily fit 2-liter bottles inside
- Has a small width that fits well in narrow corners
- The fan inside gets loud enough to be heard in a large room
- Has no freezer compartment
The EdgeStar CRF321SS is a durable mini-fridge that won’t become dented whenever someone accidentally kicks it. As you may already know, some freezers aren’t well equipped to withstand the sudden impact of dense objects without bending or breaking. And if that happens, it could reduce the quality and age of the fridge over time.
The CRF321SS has none of these issues, keeping food secure and cold with its weather-resistant shell. The legs that it stands on will never wobble when placed on an even floor.
Garages consisting of concrete floors can sometimes have imperfections that lead to a fridge’s uneven position but that won’t be the case here.
As for what the refrigerator can do, there’s an auto-defrost setting on the cooler’s dial that can thaw out your meats without causing a watery mess in the unit’s bottom portion. Compressor volume is typical for mini freezers. In short, use the EdgeStar CRF321SS in your backyard or the garage. It’ll hold up well in semi-outdoor locations.
- The hard shell doors are difficult to make dents in
- Doesn’t wobble, either when filled with food or completely empty (safe to place objects on top of the fridge)
- The auto-defrost feature keeps frost from building up in the freezer (has a reservoir for water drainage when it melts)
- The compressor emits a very loud hum
The RFR329-Red Garage Fridge Tool Box looks and is shaped just as the name implies, like a large toolbox. But instead of placing your home improvement tools inside, you’ll have a refrigerator nearby to quickly grab a bite to eat when it’s close to lunchtime.
That alone might be enough for any Dad or DIY homeowner to make a spot for it in the garage, but let’s look at some of the other features included.
Whoever specified the dimensions on the RFR329-Red did a great job. It’s a few inches lower than the standard shelf height, which is usually around 36 inches from the surface. That’s a few inches taller than the unit (32 inches in height).
If you have a shelf in your garage, the chances that you’ll get it underneath your shelves without adding cutting or building anything are high (unless you intend to do this anyway).
There’s no coil in the back either so push it as far back as needed. If you accidentally hit it, be prepared to get dents. But truthfully, the most expensive or cheapest garage refrigerator can have the same problem. Is the RFR329 fridge a product that you should look into? Absolutely.
- Because of its color and shape, the fridge perfectly fits the style of a tool shed
- The rear sits flush with walls and won’t protrude out too far, such as fridges with coils
- Run at an acceptable noise level
- Dents and bends easily along the corners
The Danby DAR044A5BSLDD will appeal to people who need a fridge that doesn’t require a lot of energy to run. You might even be able to power it in some vehicles without draining the battery. It’s a good refrigerator for garage rooms that have been converted into living areas.
The exterior doesn’t get too hot on the outside, which helps cool food items fast. If you have a hot meal that you would like to save for later, cooling time can take as little as 15 minutes. And since there’s no freezer included here, the extra space will help you secure larger items inside.
Avoid putting too much on the rack that’s built into the door. Doing so will risk it not being able to shut when you want it closed. This aside, give the Danby DAR044A5BSLDD a shot if you want a mini-fridge that’s environmentally friendly in its power consumption.
- The dimensions allow the fridge to fit under most standard-sized desks
- Doesn’t consume too much energy to run
- The lack of a freezer adds lots of space for normal items that don’t require freezing
- The seal shuts the door completely but isn’t strong to the point of making the entire unit slide when the door is opened
- The refrigerator door doesn’t close well when heavy objects are placed on its rack
How to Safely run a Refrigerator in a Hot Garage
A hot room is a location that many fridges end up in.
The best refrigerator for a hot garage will chill your food quickly, unaffected by the unit’s external air temperature.
If your garage reaches temps above 90 degrees during the day, turn down your fridge’s dial to the lower it can go, at least for a few hours.
You don’t have to keep it that way for too long, which could end up producing too much frost in the freezer portion of the cooler.
If you remember to alter your garage’s heat, its cooling system should work as normal.
However, what does garage ready refrigerator mean?
A fridge that’s built well enough for garages keeps the inside temperature at an acceptable 37 degrees for the bottom, and 0 degrees in the freezer (Fahrenheit). If you have a small thermometer, you can accurately gauge the temps to match these numbers when turning down your dial.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Garage Refrigerator
A place for the Refrigerator
Before deciding on your next Mini Refrigerator, have an idea of where you’re going to store it. You don’t want to end up with a cooler that’s too tall for your garage’s shelves.
Unless you are customizing one for yourself, check the product of your interest’s dimensions. How much space do you have immediately above the fridge?
The standard countertop height is 36 inches, with a margin of about three inches higher or lower (depending on the country, region, etc).
Use a tape measure, making the lower part of the counter your cutoff point.
And don’t forget about the width either, particularly if the fridge is going into a corner. Getting the proper measurements will help you better decide on the correct size, whereby it’ll fit perfectly when it arrives.
The average garage-ready refrigerator review won’t take the environment around the unit into consideration when giving out advice.
Not all garages or scorching hot. You or others might have sufficient insulation to run the fridge without the need for a thermometer to check the inside temperature.
The best refrigerator for cold garage rooms will prevent too much ice/sleet from forming, either in the freezer or cooler.
Tend to inevitably have this problem at times, so look for a unit that includes a scraper of some sort. That way, you can get out all the hardened ice before it produces odors inside.
Garage Refrigerator FAQs
Here are a few common questions about garage freezers:
What Makes a Refrigerator Garage Ready?
It boils down to how well the fridge can keep your food cool without resulting in anything warming up or unthawing to the point of spoilage. Such fridges have strong magnets that seal up the inside air from leaking out, resulting in a cool interior atmosphere that can’t become hotter (so long as the power stays on).
How to Keep a Garage Refrigerator from Freezing?
This is a common problem, particularly for people with insulated garages. Ending up with the best refrigerator for unheated garage rooms is dependent on the accessories included with the product. Scrapers are useful for preventing excessive freezing.
Scrape any excessive ice buildup as often as you can. You don’t have to do it every day, mind you, but once a week is good enough.
Freezer or No Freezer?
The best way to know if you need a freezer is by thinking about the items you plan on storing in the unit that you buy. If the perishable items consist of only canned goods, jars, sandwiches, condiments, or beverages, then a standalone fridge is perfectly fine.
Making The Decision
Are you ready to choose one of the mini-fridges listed? Each has outstanding capabilities and is equipped with features that are great for hot and cold garage rooms. But our top pick is the Euhomy Mini Fridge, chosen for its ability to seal in air and keep food cold regardless of exterior heat.
But honestly, all of the products are excellent, having user-specific advantages that’ll appeal to lots of consumers. The best garage-ready refrigerator will keep your food’s quality the same without the risk of freezer burn. Find the one that interests you and buy it when you’re ready!