Table of Contents Show
- Best Apartment Security Cameras:
- Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant, White – WYZECP1
- Ring Indoor Cam, Compact Plug-In HD security camera with two-way talk, White, Works with Alexa – 2-Pack
- Arlo VMS4120P-100NAS Pro 2 – Wire-Free Home Security Camera | Rechargeable Battery, Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Wall Mount | 1 camera kit
- LaView Security Cameras 4pcs, Home Security Camera Indoor 1080P, Wi-Fi Cameras for Pet, Motion Detection, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Works with Alexa, iOS & Android & Web Access
- Google Nest Cam Indoor – 1st Generation – Wired Indoor Camera – Control with Your Phone and Get Mobile Alerts – Surveillance Camera with 24/7 Live Video and Night Vision
- CANARY (CAN100USBK) All-in-One Indoor 1080p HD Security Camera with Built-in Siren and Climate Monitor, Motion / Person / Air Quality Alerts, Works with Alexa, Insurance Discount Eligible – Black, single
- Kasa Smart (KC100) Spot Indoor Camera by TP-Link, 1080p HD Smart Home Security Camera with Night Vision, Motion Detection for Pet Baby Monitor, Works with Alexa Echo & Google Home
- Amcrest 4MP ProHD Indoor WiFi Camera, Security IP Camera with Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Remote Viewing, 2.4ghz, 4-Megapixel @30FPS, Wide 90° FOV, IP4M-1041B (Black)
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Security Camera for Apartments
- Best Apartments Security Cameras – FAQ
2.5 million break-ins happen every year in the U.S., so you should always stay one step ahead of crime. Considering that almost 50,000 homes could be broken into by tomorrow evening, what should you do to protect your house from crime? The best security camera for an apartment can safeguard your belongings by making it very easy for police to identify intruders through high-definition filming technology.
Here are eight of the best security cameras on the market that can give you a sense of peace that your home is under protection while you are away.
Best Apartment Security Cameras:
Buyers who need excellent surveillance but are working with tight budgets shouldn’t be discouraged from thinking that they can find great models. This Wyze device can be controlled remotely over a smartphone, and it comes with half a month of free cloud storage. It is also one of the most affordable cameras on this list, so many individuals can leave their homes protected while they are away.
Buyers loved this model because it was inexpensive and offered many of the features available in higher-end cameras. The ability to turn the camera’s lens through a smartphone was especially appreciated, for this let users keep great surveillance on their homes.
Despite costing much less than the competition, this model brings cloud storage, high-quality video, micro-SD card support, and tripod compatibility to customers.
Without paying a fee, customers can store half a month of isolated video clips on the cloud. Buyers who need more remote storage can elect to buy a plan from the manufacturer to extend their video capacity. Reviewers noted that getting so much free storage was a great feature of this model.
- Can be shared with other accounts for viewing for viewing on multiple devices
- Free cloud storage to reduce costs in the long term
- Two-way audio setup for use in a variety of different functions
- Stronger night-vision models exist on the market for environments that mostly go without light
The Ring has taken the world by storm with its security cameras, and this model offers excellent pricing for buyers to try out its products. Cloud storage plans start as low as 3$ a month, so affordability rates highly in this model.
Buyers who need multiple cameras will find that this company can deliver for their needs: Cloud pricing is built to offer discounts with more cameras added to the system.
Customers purchased this device and found that it met their expectations, for Ring devices are hot in the surveillance world. One user was able to add this camera to an existing Ring lineup in less than 15 minutes and have remote viewing on their smartphone ready to go for the next time that they leave their home.
Some privacy issues were noted by buyers, and a few individuals expressed concern over not being able to turn the cameras off without unplugging them. Having them installed in hard-to-reach places could make things difficult for buyers who only need them when they are away, but privacy shutters can always be manually placed to maintain privacy while a home is occupied.
- Two-way audio is equipped with noise cancellation technology for better communication
- Inexpensive cloud cost to save videos on the internet
- No subscription is required to enjoy live viewing
- Multiple subscriptions can end up costing a lot through monthly fees
If the previous best security camera system for apartments wasn’t enough, spending more on this model will satisfy even the pickiest of security experts. High-definition video in a wireless design that is bundled with free cloud storage should make any buyer happy, and that is exactly what this model delivers.
Reviewers felt that this model was the best outdoor security camera for apartments. The wide-angle lens was perfect for monitoring outdoor surroundings, and the mounting gear allowed the camera to be placed on a variety of different surfaces. Although the camera does cost more than competing models, it has the features to make it a good purchase for consumers.
The camera’s footage can be stored on the cloud to prevent thieves or criminals from stealing the camera and evidence of their presence, and the wireless setup lets users operate it without dealing with clutter.
- Included rechargeable batteries to save money in the long term
- Can save files locally with local storage capabilities
- Continuous recording that is saved in the cloud for maximum protection against crime
- More expensive than other models
The best security camera system for apartments can be hard to find, so that’s why this camera is number one. It does everything well and is priced competitively, so users can find everything that they need to protect their homes with this system.
LaView Security Cameras is an established brand, so buyers can find that their system is built well and comes with the latest features.
Customers enjoyed having a security camera that was easy to use, dependable, and offered two-way communication. One reviewer noted that this purchase was used to monitor their cats during a vacation, and this camera met their needs to keep a tab on their pets.
Although the camera doesn’t offer the best resolution on the market, it helped users meet their needs by offering night vision and motion-sensing technology to give customers tools to watch over their homes.
One user felt that the camera’s smartphone application had a few bugs, and this prevented them from using the setup flawlessly. However, they noted that the faults were minor and that the camera was still a great purchase.
- The entry-level price for great affordability
- Big value included through a feature-rich design
- Four-foot cord included for ideal placement of a device
- Can choose cameras with higher video resolutions
Google has entered the home security market with its own cameras, and these products are built to deliver a great user experience. Although they are more expensive to run than their Ring counterparts, Google’s Nest cameras offer excellent value.
Plans range from $10 a month for accessing all the features in a Nest camera like unlimited cloud storage. Users who only need one camera for their home can find that this product will meet all of their expectations.
Customers felt that this camera was one of the best surveillance cameras for apartments. Made with high-quality parts and delivering clear video on demand, this Google camera was a recommended purchase to get the best-in-class value. Unfortunately, they are slightly expensive to maintain. To get unlimited cloud recordings, a user must pay $10 a month with no possibility of discounts. This disgruntled some customers, for a few buyers, who purchased many cameras and were stuck with big monthly bills.
The price is steep for maintaining the cameras, yet buyers would continue to use them if the cloud costs were slightly lower. For those who don’t plan to buy many of these cameras, this model by Google was highly praised for being easy to use and delivering great results.
- Compact design to be placed in many locations
- Made by Google for great quality assurance
- A free 30-day trial of premium software for extra camera features
- Higher priced than comparable cameras that perform almost the same functions
Individuals who are looking for an all-in-one device should check out this camera by Canary. This model can check on the temperature, air quality, and humidity to keep you informed on how your home is doing while you are away. It also features a built-in siren to scare off intruders, so it is truly a unique device.
Buyers who were looking for an apartment security camera found that this model offered great value by being affordable and capturing clear video for use in the event of an emergency.
Some users were upset that the company switched to a subscription model, however. A monthly fee is now required to access all of the features of the device, and this fee extends to almost every camera in the company lineup.
New buyers were happy with their purchase and felt that the fee was reasonable, for this camera has many features to provide a rich user experience.
- Unique features packed into this camera to make it a one-of-a-kind apartment security camera
- Affordable price despite being feature-heavy
- A massive 147-degree lens can capture and monitor large spaces in your home
- A paid subscription is required for accessing most features
Individuals who are looking for a security camera that is priced well and offers the same features as decked-out models won’t be disappointed with the TP-Link Kasa Spot.
Being affordable and full of useful features like remote notification of disturbances to customized activity zones, this camera would make a great addition to existing security systems or be used to start a new one.
This model is priced so well that many buyers bought more than one to protect their homes. This is a security camera for the apartment door due to having three free hours of cloud storage available to always know who is at your home.
Having the latest market features available makes this camera so appealing, for one can protect their apartment in real-time with high-definition video, a wide-angled lens, activity alerts, and night vision. Customers would want to see this device having more free cloud storage, but the price for the hardware is hard to beat as it is.
- Priced competitively by costing less than comparable models
- Can capture night images and videos up to 20 feet away
- AES encryption to prevent unauthorized access to your cameras
- For accessing old recordings, a paid subscription is necessary
The Amcrest UltraHD rounds off this list of the best home security cameras by going out with a bang. Featuring 2K video quality that is far superior to 1080p, this model is perfect for those who take surveillance seriously.
The camera is priced well to make it competitive with a lot of different models, and it combines remote moving of the camera lens with great video quality to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience in home security.
Home security cameras for apartments should offer a great user experience, and buyers rated this one as the best in class. Offering some of the most high-definition video feeds available on the market and giving users a lot of customization in how they want their devices set up made this camera highly recommended.
Some buyers put this camera in their child’s nursery room and trusted that it would help keep them connected to their infant while they couldn’t be in the same room with them. They also felt that it would act as a great security device — 2K resolution and remote control of the camera’s lens can keep indoor and outdoor properties safe.
- 32 feet of night-vision support
- 32GB micro-SD card compatibility
- Can be installed upside down for greater surveillance possibilities
- Some Alexa connectivity issues were reported by users
Factors to Consider When Buying a Security Camera for Apartments
Buying a home security camera can be difficult, so here are four factors that should help you buy the best model to suit your needs. In an age where most cameras deliver great video, selecting a model solely based on video quality can be slightly tricky.
Quantity of Cameras
Some cameras are triple the price of others, which leads to the question of whether you should purchase three entry-level models or one fantastic one. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, most crimes happen by 10 p.m.
This means that your home security system should excel in providing protection during daylight hours. Having entryways covered that can be broken into during the day should help keep you safe.
Where to Mount
Criminals can steal your camera, and local footage that captures their faces could be lost forever. One way to prevent this problem from happening is to mount your camera in a hard-to-reach place.
This can make it difficult for criminals to get to it. Surveillance camera systems for apartments should excel in being difficult to be lost in a robbery.
Benefits of a Paid Plan
Home security cameras cost money these days to run at full capacity. Server costs are high, so companies are charging monthly fees to use their cameras and save your footage on their database for you to access later.
Keep in mind how much all of your cameras will cost you every month, for some cameras cost more initially but pay for themselves with low server costs in the long term.
Remote Control Viewing
Finally, some models utilize advanced engineering to provide you with a camera that you can control where the lens faces through your smartphone.
If this feature is important to you, be sure to grab it. Being able to monitor your home in the event of a break-in will be easier if your camera can turn on a dime, and it might help you later identify perpetrators.
Best Apartments Security Cameras – FAQ
Most cameras offer excellent value, so spending money on one should be based on what kinds of features you need in your model.
Entry-level cameras can provide the majority of users with excellent home protection, but some high-end cameras can save users money in the long run with the free cloud storage that can be included with their purchase.
One should make sure that possible criminals could be identified to the police with the footage shot while a break-in occurs.
Having a camera in a discreet location to make intruders unaware of its presence can lead them to think that they aren’t being recorded, and utilizing two cameras for this purpose can be effective.
If one’s budget allows for more cameras, one should include them. Yet other security devices like home alarms and strong locks should not be neglected.
There have been many reports about users finding out that their home security cameras have been tampered with. Most cameras come with a password to set up to keep out unwanted personnel, and this should be set up the first day that the camera goes live.
If the camera ever starts acting strange like running on settings that you didn’t set, then it should be investigated and an inquiry should be sent to the manufacturer to find out the possible causes for why the device was acting like someone else was using it.
In conclusion, technology has advanced to let most individuals safeguard their homes through high-definition filming and keep their records safe in a cloud-based system. Wireless security camera systems for apartments can keep a home safe and identify intruders to recover lost items, so their use should not be neglected when building a security system for your home.
The Wyze Cam was the top pick for this guide, for it is affordable, feature-rich, and has the ability to access the cloud for free. Other top picks include the Amcrest UltraHD for offering high resolution at a very competitive price.
Investigate and pick one of these cameras today to safeguard your home from crime, for these devices make it easy to capture a face and report it to the police. While one hopes that their use is never needed, it always pays off to be prepared.