Table of Contents Show
- 6 Best Thin Waffle Makers:
- 1. Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker
- 2. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with Nonstick Reversible Plates
- 3. Euro Cuisine WM520 Eco-Friendly Heart Shaped Waffle Maker
- 4. All-Clad WD700162 Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker with 7 Browning Settings
- 5. Breville BWM520XL No-Mess Waffle Maker
- 6. Chef’s Choice 854 Classic Pro 4-Square Waffle Maker
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Thin Waffle Makers
Did you know that there’s a battle raging between lovers of thin, classic waffles and devotees of the Belgian waffle?
If you’re a fan of either or both, then you are aware that some people are decidedly in the thin and crisp camp while others are in the light and airy camp.
Those of you who love classic American waffles but have given up on finding the perfect waffle maker, take heart. We’ve spent months surveying the competition to find the best thin waffle makers.
Read through our classic waffle maker reviews to find your match for an iron that’ll take you to crispy waffle bliss.
6 Best Thin Waffle Makers:
1. Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker
The model makes one traditional-style waffle at a time. With a browning control that has five settings, you’ll always be able to achieve the perfect level of doneness. The non-stick baking plates on the best American waffle maker make it easy to remove completed waffles with ease.
Red and green indicator lights let you know when the maker is ready to cook and when the waffle is done. Cleaning is a snap. All you have to do is brush away crumbs and use a paper towel to absorb any extra cooking oil.
- Adjustable browning control from light to a deeper golden brown
- A weighted lid that won’t rise as the waffle bakes
- Rubber feet to ensure security on the countertop
- Cord wrap on the bottom of the unit
- Store on end for space-saving
- Brushed stainless steel covers look sophisticated
- Comes with a recipe and instruction booklet
Many consumers love this waffle maker because it produces thinner waffles that can be as crispy as they wish. However, some people wish that the hinge felt a little less wobbly and more secure.
- Has adjustable browning
- Useful indicator lights
- Space-saving storage
- The hinge seems a little cheap for an otherwise outstanding model
Read Related Article: Cookware Sets for Ceramic Top Stoves
2. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with Nonstick Reversible Plates
This three-in-one appliance is a great flat waffle maker, but you also may love it for its ability to grill and griddle as well. Equipped with two reversible plates that are flat on one side and waffled on the other, you can quickly change from toasted sandwiches to waffles. Or, open up both sides so that you can cook eggs and bacon on a single appliance.
A temperature knob on the front lets you adjust the heat, and the power indicator light lets you know when it’s time to cook.
- Two eight-inch by eight-inch cooking surfaces
- Reversible cooking plates so that you can use this appliance as a waffle maker, grill or griddle
- Adjustable temperature controls so you stay in the driver’s seat
- A 180-degree hinge so that you can instantly double the cooking area
- Stands on end for easy storage
- Attractive chrome housing looks great in the kitchen
Saying that it cooks evenly and makes the classic waffles that they are craving, many people are fans of this model. Nonetheless, there are those who observe that the plates may feel a little loose.
- Versatile, three-in-one appliance
- Makes light and crispy waffles
- Easy storage
- Plates may be loose
Read Related Article: Microwave Convection Ovens Over the Range
3. Euro Cuisine WM520 Eco-Friendly Heart Shaped Waffle Maker
Making cute, heart-shaped waffles, this regular waffle maker is just what you need to start your morning off right. Vertical storage helps to keep your cupboards tidy, and the non-stick plates are PFOA and PTFE-free. The adjustable temperature control allows you to decide how dark and crispy you want your waffles. Orange and red indicator lights verify when the power is on and when the maker is ready to go.
This is the perfect waffle maker if you want to make thin and crispy, Norwegian-style waffles. You may find that you can make waffles that remind you of your European vacation.
- Adjustable heat control with multiple settings
- Power and ready indicator lights to take the guesswork out of waffle making
- Handle stays cool during operation to protect you from burns
- Safe and environmentally friendly cooking plates
- Makes five heart-shaped waffles at a time
- Easy cleaning by brushing away crumbs and soaking up oil with a paper towel
People who love thin waffles praise this model, saying that it can even be used to make European-style galette waffle cookies. However, some users have had problems with uneven heating.
- Healthy, ceramic-coated plates
- Makes thin, crispy waffles
- Stay-cool handle
- May heat unevenly
Read Related Article: Gas Cooktops with Griddle
4. All-Clad WD700162 Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker with 7 Browning Settings
Made by All-Clad, this is an exceptional regular waffle maker that has seven different browning settings. It makes round waffles that are over six inches in diameter. An indicator light tells you when the iron is ready for use, and the machine emits a sound when your waffle is done. The polished stainless steel cover is gorgeous. There’s even a sophisticated steam-release system so that you always get waffles that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- A non-stick cooking surface easily releases waffles
- Seven browning settings so that you get the perfect level of crispiness
- An audible alert so that you know your waffle is ready
- Makes waffles that are just over six inches in diameter and a half-inch thick
- Steam-release system ensures perfect results
While this waffle maker is a little more expensive than others, many consumers say that the extra money is worth it for this really well-made machine. Nonetheless, some people feel that the vertical stand for storage is surprisingly flimsy.
- A beautiful waffle maker that works like a dream
- Seven browning settings
- Audible alerts when the waffle is done
- The vertical stand could be stronger
Read Related Article: Waffle Makers with Removable Plates
5. Breville BWM520XL No-Mess Waffle Maker
This is the standard waffle maker for the cook who likes crispy waffles and hates the idea of an overflow from their waffle iron. This gorgeous stainless steel model from Breville is designed with a moat so that you don’t have to worry about getting batter all over your counter.
With a darkness control dial and a premium non-stick, PFOA-free cooking surface, this is a top-of-the-line model. Indicator lights tell you when the power is on and when the waffle maker is ready to cook while a locking mechanism keeps the lid in place until you’re ready to open it.
- Don’t forget to eat the cooked waffle bits from the moat
- No overflows
- A beep tells you when your waffle is done to perfection
- Makes thin and crispy waffles
- Indicator lights keep you informed
- A high-quality cooking surface so that waffles don’t stick
- The locking mechanism on the handle to keep your family safe
Most people sing the praises of this waffle maker, saying that is well-made from quality materials. Nonetheless, some feel that the beep that tells you your waffle is done is too quiet.
- Made with exceptional materials
- Excellent quality control
- It has a moat to catch overflow!
- The beep is too quiet
Read Related Article: Food Processors for Dough
6. Chef’s Choice 854 Classic Pro 4-Square Waffle Maker
To some people, a waffle isn’t a waffle unless it’s square-shaped. If you belong to that school of thought, then this classic square waffle maker is the one for you.
This waffle maker can produce four square waffles in under two minutes, making it the perfect choice for the family on the go. Like many desirable waffle irons, this one has indicator lights for power and is ready to cook as well as a beep for when the waffle is done.
If you want the crispiest waffles, then choose the “Uniform Texture” setting, but when you want waffles that are crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, choose the other setting.
- A floating hings helps create waffles of uniform thickness
- LED indicator lights and a beep to take the guesswork out of waffle making
- Latching handle for safety
- Built-in cord storage
- Good temperature control so that you get predictable results
Saying that it enables them to consistently make the best waffles, many people recommend this product. If there’s a complaint, it’s that these waffles are slightly thicker than the classic thin waffles.
- Cooks evenly
- Works fast
- A good variety of browning settings
- Slightly thicker waffles than you might like
Read Related Article: Cold Press Juicers
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Thin Waffle Makers
Finding the perfect thin waffle maker is never an accident. Instead, it’s a good idea to consider some critical features before you make a decision.
For instance, you might consider the shape and size of the finished waffle. Some people love round waffles, but others prefer squares. Still, others may prefer heart shapes or they want to have an image of their favorite cartoon character emblazoned on each waffle.
Additionally, some waffles irons make smaller waffles than others. Are you looking for a waffle maker that churns out one waffle at a time or one that can feed four people with one round of cooking? This will have a major impact on which waffle iron you choose.
You’ll also want to pay particular attention to any special features that the waffle makers might have. As an example, many waffle makers have indicator lights that tell you when the power is on and when the maker is heated up enough to start cooking. Others may have a beep to tell you when your waffle is done. Other special features might include a moat for catching any overflowing batter, which can be really important if you don’t want to make a mess.
Many modern waffle makers have browning selection knobs or buttons that let you decide how light or dark you want your waffles to be. This can be a critical factor for many cooks who are seriously picky about the finished product.
Before making a purchase, be certain to review the manufacturer’s recommendations for cleaning the appliance. Frequently, all that is required is for you to brush away any crumbs and then wipe with a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
Also, take a look at whether or not the waffle maker has some kind of non-stick coating. Most such appliances do have this feature nowadays, and this can be a real lifesaver so that you don’t spend your mornings trying to pry waffles out of the iron. Still, it’s a good idea to review whether or not the manufacturer recommends the use of grease or oil on the machine to ensure the best results.
If you’re looking for a waffle maker that works great and will stand the test of time, then it’s probably a good idea to weigh the manufacturer’s reputation as well. Ideally, you are looking for a company with a recognizable brand that has been in business for many years. This generally ensures a superior product, though you may have to pay more for it upfront.
Our absolute favorite thin waffle maker is the Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker. It’s a solid choice at an affordable price. We love the ability to select the browning level of each waffle, especially on a model that is so accessible to all consumers.
Seriously, everything about this model works well. It’s crafted from superior materials, and it’s hard to find people who can actually say something negative about it. The rubber feet are sturdy, which ensures your family’s safety, and both cleaning and storage are convenient.
If price is no object, then go with the Breville No Mess Waffle Maker. The idea of the moat is an absolute genius, and who doesn’t love the opportunity to enjoy bonus waffle bites?