Every bullet journaler knows the importance of a good quality white pen. White pens create a contrast to nearly every work of art or doodle. Whether you want a white pen to highlight what you’ve already drawn or you are starting with a blank canvas on colored paper, a white pen will add flair to your artwork and bullet journal.
We looked into various white pens to find the best ones available today. We analyzed the pens’ material, ink type and quality and cost among other factors. What we came up with was a list of the 10 best white gel pens available today.
This list of the best white gel pens is sure to have all the information you need to make an informed decision about the best white pen to suit your needs.
List of 10 Best White Gel Pens on the Market Today:
1. Sakura 37488 Gelly Roll Classic
First on our list is the Sakura Gelly Roll. This popular brand of gel ink pens is known for creating bold opaque colored lines on any color paper. If you want the best white gel pens for artists consider these Gelly Roll pens.
The clear plastic body of these pens let you to see how much ink you are working with at any given time. The opaque white ink of these pens writes smoothly with no skipping or pooling on the paper.
Reviews of this pen reveal that customers love these pens for their bold opaque lines and smooth writing. Professional illustrators recommend these pens for their quality and durability.
- For good price you get three white gel ink pens with medium points.
- Each set of pens comes with the option to get fine, medium or bold point writing tips.
- These pens dry out quickly, especially if you leave the cap off of them when they are not in use.
Sakura Gelly Roll pens have been a favorite among artists and journalists for decades. For an affordable pen that is sure to deliver a clean white line every time, try the Gelly Roll.
2. Uni-Ball UM 153 Signo Broad Point Gel Pen
The best white gel pen for bullet journaling is the Uni-Ball Signo. This bold tipped pen writes smooth opaque lines every time.
This clear plastic pen makes it easy to see the amount of ink you have left and the rubberized comfort grip will keep your hand comfortably for as long as you need to write.
Customers love this pen for its consistent ink flow and rubber comfort grip. They say that the ink dries quickly so there is minimal smearing on the page and many say that this is there preferred white ink pen.
- The bold opaque ink is water-resistant and will last a long time on the page.
- The thick barrel and rubberized grip add comfort while writing.
- You get three pens for the price.
- This pen dries out fast without regular use so get this pen only if you intend to use it regularly.
- The pen tip may occasionally clog because the ink is so thick, but can easily be cleaned with a wet paper towel.
For one of the best white pens available today, this pen is a great value for your crafting and writing projects.
3. Pilot G2 Metallics Gel Roller Pens
This set of pens comes with metallic silver and gold as well as white. The Pilot G2 is a reputable brand of gel pens and these colors won’t disappoint.
Each retractable pen has a clear barrel to see how much ink is left and the comfort grip lets you write for hours without hurting your hand.
Frequent users of these pens are fans of the smooth-writing ink and the opacity of each color. They love the quality of the Pilot G2 in fun colors that work well with dark paper.
- Quality smooth-writing in of the Pilot G2 in white, silver and gold.
- The comfort grip of this pen lets you write comfortably for hours.
- Because these are gel pens the ink tends to run out fast.
This is a great white gel pen for drawing and the quality of the Pilot G2 is unsurpassed. For a great set of pens that include a metallic white, this is sure to be a new favorite in your collection.
4. Pentel Arts Milky Pop Pastel Gel Pen
Next on our list of good white gel pens is the Pentel Milky Pop white gel pen. This pen looks just as nice as it writes and is perfect for bullet journaling and coloring books.
The smooth-writing gel ink of these white pens writes on almost any paper including photo paper. The latex-free grip and long, well-balanced barrel let you write comfortably for any period of time.
People love the ink in this pen for being bold and like the 0.8mm medium tip. They say that this is a great deal for the price and would definitely buy this pen again.
- The clear case lets you see how much ink you’ve used and the comfort grip and balance ensure that you will write comfortably for hours.
- The bold tip of this pen leaves a thick opaque line on the page every time.
- The ink in these pens takes a little while to dry so be cautious of smearing the ink.
For an affordable white ink pen that is comfortable to use, look no further than the Pentel Milky Pop.
5. Gelly Roll Gel-Ink Pen
This pack of two Gelly Roll pens will create bold opaque colored lines on any color paper. This is a great white gel pen for bullet journaling.
The opaque white ink of these pens writes smoothly with no skipping or pooling on the paper. The clear design of the body lets you know how much ink you are using at any given time.
Users of this pen love the nostalgia of having a Gelly Roll pen in their collection. They say that the medium point is perfect for delivering bold opaque lines every time.
- These classic pens are known for their thick opaque ink and minimalist style.
- For a good price, you can have two smooth-writing Gelly Roll pens.
- These pens dry out quickly, especially if you leave the cap off of them when they are not in use.
These pens have been a favorite among journalists for decades and will add a pop of colors to your art.
6. PANDAFLY 12-Piece Fine Point Tip Gel Ink Pens
A great white pen for black paper is the gorgeous fine-point gel pen by Pandafly. These gorgeous pens will be a welcome addition to your supply collection.
Each pen writes neatly on nearly every type of paper including laminated paper. The ink of each pen is acid-free, non-toxic, waterproof and archival. Though some customers agree that this pen is closer to a medium point than a fine point they say that the quality of the pen is worth the investment.
- For an affordable price, you get 12 gorgeous white ink pens.
- These pens have a tendency to skip on the page and may require a few goings over before you get full coverage.
For a large number of white gel pens, then the Pandafly 12-pack is right up your alley.
7. Dainayw White Gel Pen Set 0.8mm
One of the best white gel pens for art is by Dainayw. For the budget-friendly price, you can own six white gel ink pens.
The clear barrel of these pens allows you see how much ink you have used and the comfortable grip will let you write for long periods of time without tiring or hurting your hands. Customers love the value of these pens and say that they work well. Many people say that they are great for adult coloring books as well as bullet journaling.
- Good value for 6 quality gel pens.
- The comfort rubberized grip makes it easy to write for hours without your hand hurting.
- These pens are not as smooth writing as other gel pens on our list.
- The lines are not completely opaque so you may have to go over them a couple of times for full coverage.
This is an affordable set of white gel pens that will get the job done, the Dainayw white gel pens might be right for you.
8. BOXUN Premium Gel Pen Set
The Boxun Premium Gel Pen Set is a high-quality set of gel ink pens with smooth ink flow and multiple colors including white.
This set of pens comes with two white, two gold, and two silver pens that use high-quality water-based ink. The fast-drying ink is acid-free and non-toxic and writes in smooth 0.8mm lines.
Customers love that this set comes with three of each color and write smoothly on any color paper without bleeding. They say that these pens are on par with other more expensive brands.
- The smooth-writing ink works on any color paper without bleeding.
- Along with two white gel pens you also get silver and gold colors to work with.
- You get six pens for good price
- There is no grip on these pens which means they may be uncomfortable to write with.
For an affordable set of ink pens that include colors along with white, this is a great option. The bold ink leaves an opaque line every time and is sure to work great for whatever craft you use it for.
9. Sakura Ballpoint Pen
Probably the most gorgeous pen on our list of the best white gel pens is the Sakura white gel ballpoint pen.
This decorative pen also delivers opaque ink in a fine-point for any sketching, coloring or writing you’d like to do.
The water-based in works on light and dark paper as well as other more difficult surfaces and the ornate design and flared cap give this pen a unique look.
Many people have said that this is the best white gel pen to own. They say that the sleek writing and beautiful design make this pen a must-have for any office supply collector.
- The gorgeous design is sure to be a conversation piece among your peers.
- This pen can also write on glass, metal and plastic as well as dark colored paper.
- The ink may not always come out consistently and could use a few passes before it is uniformly opaque.
This fine-point pen will add style to your writing and give you fine-point lines that are great for sketching or writing. If you want a pen that combines style with functionality, this is definitely the pen for you!
10. Art-n-Fly Fine Point White Gel Pen
In your search for the best white ink pen, consider the Art-n-Fly white gel pen. The clean design of this pen and fine-tip make it great for sketching and bullet journaling.
These pens have a rubberized comfort grip and the ink is waterproof, acid-free, non-toxic and archival. These pens write fairly opaque and are great for dark-colored paper. People say that this is a great value for white ink pens and love the archival quality of the ink. They say that the grip is comfortable and easy to write with.
- The ink dries fast so there is less chance of smearing on the page.
- The rubberized grip makes these pens comfortable to use.
- The ink tends to skip from time to time so you may need to go over a line a few times before it is complete.
- These pens are a bit more expensive.
These pens are great for bullet journaling, sketching and writing on dark colored paper. Get these pens for your collection today!
Making The Decision
White gel pens are a must for any crafter. Whether you are bullet journaling, sketching or doodling in a coloring book, a white gel pen will add a pop of accent color to any design.
This list of the best white gel pens provides you with all the choices you could ever want to make an informed decision about which gel pen will work the best for whatever craft you are working on.
Each pen comes with great reviews and an affordable price that is sure to keep you happy on your creative journey. There is sure to be a pen on this list that is perfect for you to get drawing right away!