If you do not have any outdoor electrical outlets in your home, you can rely on battery-powered cameras to monitor your home and the surroundings. The cameras eliminate the nightmares of getting power cords to your indoor AC source.
However, you will have to pull them down from time to time to recharge their batteries. Others will require you to buy a compatible solar charger so that it can continue running throughout the year without your interference.
EufyCam E and EufyCam 2 Security Camera Systems are among the best security cameras and do not have such requirements. These eufy camera reviews will help you select the best choice between the two cameras.
EufyCam 2 vs EufyCam E: Security Camera System Comparison
The EufyCam E is easy to install and set up. It offers a wireless design along with a very long battery life that adds to the convenience. At the same time, the built-in night vision, 140-degree wide-angle lens, and 1080p video resolution promise better recording.
On the other hand, the EufyCam 2 features fast installation and requires only two screws. It features a compact mount portion, and the cameras and adjustment arms will screw into it smoothly. You can stream the video footage through Apple’s HomekIt, Google Assistant, or Amazon’s Alexa.
Two Top-Rated Eufy Cameras:
eufy Security eufyCam 2 Wireless Home Security Camera System, 365-Day Battery Life, HomeKit Compatibility, HD 1080p, IP67 Weatherproof, Night Vision, 2-Cam Kit, No Monthly Fee
- Offers 1080p Full HD footage live-stream and recording so that you can know what is happening around your home
- One battery charge will last for 365 days, so you only need to recharge the battery once
- No expected hidden costs and it combines security and convenience
- The advanced Sony sensor facilitates detailed recording and streaming of footage in the low light scenarios
- It is made with weatherproof material to stand different weather conditions
The EufyCam 2 package comes with two cameras, camera mounts, and a base station. The cameras provide a 140 degrees field of view that can capture video footage in 1080p resolution for clear recording.
Furthermore, they boast night vision, smart motion detection, and two-way talk. Each of the two cameras is rated IP67, which means that it is protected from dust ingress and will withstand 1-meter water immersion.
Eufy’s security cameras provide cloud and local storage options. This camera comes with a 16GB embedded micro-SD. You can opt for the cloud if you need additional storage at affordable plans.
The camera is super easy to install, but it might take time. You do not require expertise to put everything together. Use the eufy security app to connect the cameras and the base station.
You have to plug the base station into the electrical outlet before connecting it to your electrical outlet through an Ethernet cable. Scan the QR code to get online and sync the cameras. After the mounting, check whether the signal can reach your desired location.
The EufyCam 2 is among the most affordable wireless security camera systems the market offers. It offers many helpful features such as very long battery life, 1080p video resolution, weather resistance, and 2-way audio. Due to the many features, it is an excellent choice for budget-conscious buyers.
- The security camera system is completely wireless
- It provides videos in HD quality
- It is weather-resistant
- It works perfectly with Alexa, HomeKit, and Google Assistant
- One recharge can go for one year
- It does not offer two-way audio on iOS Home App
- The batteries are not removable
Wireless Home Security Camera System, eufy Security, eufyCam E 365-Day Battery Life, 1080p HD, IP65 Weatherproof, Night Vision, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, 2-Cam Kit, No Monthly Fee
- The battery can last for 365 days after a single recharge or three years when in the standby mode
- The 1080p resolution camera along with the exceptional night vision technology facilitates the recording of crystal-clear videos
- It comes with a 16GB MicroSD card to store the whole year’s footage
- Install by sticking it to a magnetic mount, metallic surfaces, or screwing it onto your outdoor mount
- Comes with an Ethernet Cable, Micro USB charging Cable, Warning Sticker, AC power adapter, happy card, and owner’s manual
The Eufy E Wireless Home Security Camera System package is the best wireless security camera system without a monthly fee. It offers two cameras, the mounting kit, and the needed hub. However, you can add up to 16 cameras to cover a wide area in your home and the surrounding areas, thanks to the IP65 waterproofing system.
You will also love the local storage option that can hold the whole year’s footage – you do not have to pay for cloud storage. You can stream the footage live through your mobile phone and push notifications, and the system is compatible with IFTTT, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa.
It provides 1080p daytime recordings and a 140-degrees wide-angle view. The night vision will help you monitor all the events at night. Moreover, the built-in two-way audio system allows you to hear while seeing what is happening in your home.
The setup process is simple, and the Eufy Security Mobile App will take you systematically through the whole process. However, you can only log one system into the app at a time. Invite your family members to make their accounts with guest or admin privileges to access the footage.
EufyCam E offers many unique features and works well regardless of the weather conditions. The onboard storage allows users to avoid cloud storage costs. After taking the camera to your home, you will only pay for the micro-SD card replacement.
- There are no monthly cloud subscriptions
- It is easy to set up and operate
- Complete wireless
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- It is weather-resistant
- It has no advanced features such as facial and personal detection
- The batteries are not removable
If you are looking for the best battery-powered surveillance cameras featuring a combination of the modern security camera design and powerful features, the EufyCam E and EufyCam 2 Security Camera Systems are the right choice.
The offered mobile phone app is responsive, and you can stream footage on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. A single battery recharge can last for one year. Unfortunately, the video resolution in the night mode is not the best.