Food can be expensive, but there are ways to cut the cost and still eat well! Check out the 10 tips below for ideas on how to eat clean and on budget.
1. Browse the weekly specials to see what’s on sale.
2. Check what you have before you leave home to prevent buying “just in case” you’ve run out.
3. Make a meal plan for the week to prevent over-buying.
4. Choose 2 or 3 stores with the best specials and shop only there. Running around town too much will cost you gas money.
5. Print out coupons online or clip coupons.
6. Buy in bulk where possible.
7. Know your prices. Keep track of items you buy frequently- what the average price is and what a good sale price is. Refer to this as you shop.
8. Buy what’s in season.
9. Stock up on sale items that you’re sure to use.
10. Avoid multiple trips to the store, as each time you go there is more chance of a few unnecessary impulses buys, which add up over time.
Want more great grocery tips? Check out: