Table of Contents Show
There are only a handful of things that compare to the experience of eating food so good it makes you want to cry. For lovers of that natural smokey flavor, you can only achieve that kind of mouth-watering quality when you have the best vertical electric smoker you can find.
In this post, we take a look at Masterbuilt electric smokers, one of the top brands from where you can get yourself a high-performance smoker.
Masterbuilt is an honest company started by a respectable family around 1973. Over more than 45 years, they’ve built up a line of some of the best models when it comes to cooking, and, in the case of this review, smoking foods.
Masterbuilt puts its faith in quality innovation and constructs makes and models to fit all sorts of budgets. When you’re looking at Masterbuilt, you’re looking at some of the best.
You don’t want to settle for anything less when you strive for genuine flavor, which is why we’ve compiled a list of the top products just for you. Without further ado, let’s get into our Masterbuilt electric vertical smoker reviews.
4 Best Masterbuilt Electric Smokers:
1. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric SmokerView at Amazon
You may have seen other Masterbuilt MES 130b digital electric smoker reviews out there, but whether or not you’ve seen this product on the list, we can assure you it’s one of the top smokers
Masterbuilt offers. At under 300 dollars, the smoker works for a budget while providing four racks worth of cooking area. Each shelf is a little under 20 by 20 inches, offering you the capacity to smoke a whole lot of meat at once.
The machine is 30 inches in height, made of highly durable steel, and incredibly simple to set up. All you have to do is plug it in, set your digital controls, and you’re ready to get your smoking started.
The smoker features a cylindrical wood chip loading system so that you can insert your wood chips into the machine from the side without ever having to open the door.
The digital thermostat on top of the smoker lets you control your heat for full flavor, and the insulation within the machine ensures everything smokes consistently throughout.
Other features this smoker included are a water bowl for added moisture and flavor, a wood chip tray to catch ash, and a rear grease tray to catch food drippings. For extra protection from the elements, you can also purchase a cover, which slips right over the smoker.
Customers are impressed with the accuracy of the temperature controls and the gorgeous appearance of their meat when it comes out of the smoker.
Buyers agree the machine is much more ideal for smoking at higher temperatures, however, and many suggest adding a cold smoker for working with temperatures below 180 degrees.
Some consumers seem to have problems with their heating elements after prolonged use as well and suggest purchasing the extended warranty for this product, just in case.
- Wood chips are loaded into the side of the smoker, so you never have to open the door and let out the heat
- A digital thermostat allows you to control the temperature of the smoker with precision
- The water bowl lets you add moisture and flavor to your smoke
- The air damper provides smoke control so that you can get the taste just right
- The fully-insulated body retains heat for even cooking and flavor retention
- Four chrome-plated racks give you enough cooking area to cook roughly six full chickens or four pork shoulders
- Runs on electricity, so you never need to worry about running out of fuel
- Offers a large amount of cooking area
- A digital thermostat and wood chips loaded into the side mean you never have to open the door and let the heat out
- Wood chip tray and grease tray provide an easy way to catch ash and dripping
- The insulated body offers outstanding heat retention
- Steel body stands up well against external elements
- Doesn’t work the best for smoking at lower temperatures
- Digital controls are hard to read in direct sunlight
- You may experience problems with the heating element after extended use
If you’re in the game for a smoker with a lot of cooking space and hassle-free controls, this Masterbuilt smoker is your guy.
You get a lot of features for the price, and despite the inconveniences that you may encounter here and there, you can still achieve that tantalizing smokey flavor that you want for your cooking.View at Amazon
2. Masterbuilt MB20072718 Digital Electric Smoker 140SView at Amazon
In the realm of Masterbuilt electric smoker 40-inch reviews, here’s a product that stands on top of the competition. While this product is twice as expensive as the 30-inch smoker in our previous review, the price accounts for the extra benefits this smoker offers.
Standing 40 inches tall, 20 inches wide, and 25 inches deep, you get a significant amount of space.
The four chrome-plated cooking racks offer roughly 710 square inches of cooking area, allowing you to smoke meats for a large crowd. The smoker also has a built-in front window so that you can monitor your food as it cooks.
Like the 30-inch smoker, this product comes with a wood chip loading system that works from the side and digital temperature controls on the top, so you never have to open the door and let the heat escape to check on your food.
The 40-inch smoker also comes with a remote control that enables you to control the temperature from inside your house. All you need to do to start this bad boy up is plug it in and set the controls. Once you get your smoker started, you’re in for a meal with incredible flavor.
Consumers are highly pleased with the programmable features and the ease of control this smoker provides. All the cooking room satisfies buyers, and the smoker performs to customers’ expectations.
However, many people warn that smoking in cold weather is a challenge because the internal heat probe needs to be warm before you can begin cooking.
If you are looking for a smoker that is designed to use commercially, check out the best commercial smokers that you can find on the market.
- A digital panel lets you monitor and control the internal temperature from outside of the smoker
- The front window enables you to see the progress of your meat, and you can even turn on a light for smoking when the sun goes down
- Four cooking racks prove about 710 square inches of cooking area to cater to big crowds
- Wood chip loading from the side means no heat loss from opening the door
- Integrated thermostat control can be controlled remotely and still provide consistent cooking
- Digital and remote controls are incredibly easy to use and provide relaxed cooking
- Offers the most space out of any product on our list
- Integrated temperature controls are built-in to provide consistent cooking
- A full viewing window lets you check on your meat without opening the door and letting out the heat
- The wood chip loading system lets you replace wood chips from the side as needed with ease
- Much more challenging to use in cold weather because you need to make sure the heat probe is warm
- You may encounter problems with your door latch or hinges
For cooking flavor-filled foods for a gathering of family friends, this is the product you want to get your hands on. With its spacious make and easy digital control, you get to cook with the accuracy of a professional and come out with food that tastes like it too.View at Amazon
3. Masterbuilt MB20070210 MES 35B Electric SmokerView at Amazon
Our next Masterbuilt 30 black electric smoker review features a 30-inch smoker, which is essentially a renovation of the first smoker on our list.
You still get the incredibly sturdy construction and exceptional heat retention, but at just around 200 bucks, some changes make it reasonable to shave down the price.
Unlike our other smokers, this product only comes with three chrome-plated racks, which lets you cook about three full chickens or three pork shoulders.
This smoker also features analog controls rather than digital ones, though once you get the hang of them, adjusting the temperature will become second nature.
The 1,500-watt heating element makes sure that whichever way you control your temperature, you’ll get the heat that you desire.
Like the previous model of this smoker, you still get the removable water bow, wood chip tray, and grease tray. Each of these features will help you make sure your smoker stays clean and ready to smoke another meal without issue.
Buyers attest to the fact that this smoker holds heat rather perfectly and provides excellent smoke.
Customers agree that this smoker is generally well constructed but also agree that the smoker doesn’t get as hot when using the machine in colder weather.
Some buyers also recommend keeping a close eye on temperature since the analog dial doesn’t have number labels.
- Three cooking racks still offer enough space to cook for a crowd
- A built-in temperature gauge makes sure you can monitor the temperature of your meat accurately
- The analog dial is easy to use when it comes to temperature control
- The water bowl allows you to add optional moisture for added flavor
- Removable wood chip tray and grease tray catch ashes and drippings for mess-free smoking
- The 1,500-watt heating element provides power for smoking at high temperatures
- The durable steel body holds heat incredibly well
- A built-in temperature gauge lets you keep an eye on meat temperature without needing a separate thermometer
- The powerful heating element provides consistent cooking and flavor
- An adjustable air damper enables you to control the smoke within the machine
- The grease tray is in the front of the smoker for easy access and replacement
- Doesn’t get as hot in colder weather
- The analog dial has no actual number labels
- This smoker doesn’t have as much insulation as the previous 30-inch model
When you need the space but are also working on a budget, this may be the smoker that you want to consider. You’ll get a consistent flavor, easy-to-clean features, and sturdy construction that lets you know the smoker comes built to last.View at Amazon
4. Masterbuilt MB20073716 Patio-2-Portable Electric SmokerView at Amazon
To end our list of smokers, we have to include this little guy in our Masterbuilt electric patio smoker reviews. This smoker comes with only two chrome-plated racks and is small enough to fold up the legs and transport anywhere, but it packs a sure punch.
With a heating element that runs at 1,400 watts, you get perfectly smoked meats out of this shortie. At only 140 dollars, this smoker is well worth the price.
The analog temperature dial is quick to get the hang of after using the smoker more than once, and the built-in temperature gauge lets you monitor the internal temperature of your meat.
You can cook a full turkey, a couple of racks of ribs, or even a few full-sized chickens and still get the flavor you deserve.
The compact space means this smoker is easy to clean as well. All you need to clean the parts is a mixture of hot water and apple cider vinegar. With a spray bottle and a soft sponge, you can restore your smoker to its former glory and get ready to make another meal.
Customers seem to reach a consensus that this smoker is simple to set up, use, and clean.
While buyers agree that the temperature dial becomes more comfortable to handle after using the smoker repeatedly, they do agree that this is a smoker you want to keep an eye on when it comes to monitoring the temperature.
Some buyers also claim that the back of the smoker is hotter than the front, but monitoring the temperature and periodically moving the meat around will fix this problem.
- The 1,400-watt heating element makes this compact smoker very powerful
- The Analog dial and built-in temperature gauge provide easy temperature control and monitoring
- Legs on the bottom fold up for transporting this smoker anywhere you need
- Small space means clean-up is incredibly easy, eliminating cooking on a dirty smoking surface
- Two chrome-plated cooking racks hold up well under the weight of bigger meat
- Clean-up is comfortable due to the small space
- The heating element is quite powerful for such a small smoker
- While you may have to do a little guessing with the analog dial, the temperature gauge gives fairly accurate readings
- Portability means you can take this smoker anywhere to cook in any setting
- Even with only two cooking racks, you can still make a hefty dinner
- Needs to be monitored more than many other smokers might need to be
- May need to move your meat around since the back can get a little hotter than the front
If you’re the type that knows you don’t need much, this smoker delivers for the space it provides. The portable smoker provides powerful heat and flavor that will impress everyone at your dining room table.
If you are new to Masterbuilt or any other electric smokers, be sure to check out our tips for using Masterbuilt Electric Smokers.View at Amazon
Making the Decision
Out of all our best rated electric smokers, we’ve concluded that the very best smoker you can put your money toward would be the Masterbuilt portable patio smoker, the very last on our list. The heat the smoker provides is substantial, and the flavor exceeds expectations.
The common issues are the easiest ones to deal with, and no other smoker offers the ease of transport that this smoker will.
We understand that space is a necessity for some, so if you want a more sizeable option, we recommend the 40-inch smoker, which is the second product on our list.
While you will need to make sure you preheat the smoker whenever you’re cooking in cold weather, the performance is outstanding, and the construction lives up to the Masterbuilt name.
For quality products, Masterbuilt is a brand that you can trust. Masterbuilt is the company you want to purchase from if you’re looking for a smoker that outshines the rest.