Table of Contents Show
- Arlo Pro 2: Advantages Over the Competition
- eufyCam 2 by Anker: Advantages Over the Competition
- Reolink Argus 2: Advantages Over the Competition
- Reolink Argus 2 vs Arlo Pro 2 vs EufyCam 2 Comparison & Reviews
- Arlo VMS4230P-100NAS Pro 2 – Wireless Home Security Camera System with Siren, Rechargeable, Night Vision, Indoor/Outdoor, 1080p, 2-Way Audio, Wall Mount, Cloud Storage Included, 2 Camera Kit
- REOLINK Outdoor Security Camera System – Wireless, Rechargeable Battery, 1080P Video, Night Vision, Motion Detection, 2-Way Talk, Waterproof, Support Cloud Storage | Argus 2+Solar Panel
- eufy Security eufyCam 2 Wireless Home Security Camera System, 365-Day Battery Life, HomeKit Compatibility, HD 1080p, IP67 Weatherproof, Night Vision, 2-Cam Kit, No Monthly Fee
- Insights and Takeaways
When it comes to wireless security cameras, you don’t want to lower your standards to some cheap plastic work of art. Unfortunately, this describes a great deal of the electronics that are produced in today’s age. But this doesn’t mean you can’t find good quality products, including those sold for home security purposes. The best wireless camera systems on the market are easy to set up, have good configuration, and can pick up motion easily (without being too sensitive to the area it’s surveilling).
Go with the Wireless Security Brands that you Trust
Having done dozens of wireless security camera comparison tests from numerous brands, we know which are reliable and those that should be avoided. In the end, we were left with three: the Argus 2, Arlo Pro 2, and EufyCam 2. All three are reviewed below, along with attributes that are similar and unique to each product. By the end of the article, you’ll know which is better concerning your home security setup. So without further delay, let’s get started!
Arlo Pro 2: Advantages Over the Competition
Compared to the other products shown, this one excels in microphone quality. For anyone that’s disabled or has lots of traffic around their home, it’s a great way to stay in communication with the people you see in the camera. And the alarm provides a small but decent warning for any potential intruders to say away from your area.
Unfortunately, this model doesn’t add timestamps to any of the saved videos. If an unfortunate incident occurs where you’ll need to send video files to the authorities, you’ll have no way to show the exact time of the event. Furthermore, unless you change it in the settings, you’ll get a ton of notifications from Netgear whenever someone steps within the range of the camera.
Its motion controls create new videos when new movement occurs. Someone stepping in and out of the frame results in lots of small videos instead of one large file. The only remedy is to increase the time of the recording to 120 seconds in the application’s configuration.
eufyCam 2 by Anker: Advantages Over the Competition
The application that controls the camera is also protected using 256 AES encryption, a cipher developed by the US military. It’s become very popular but serves as a great tool that ensures no hacker will gain access to the files that you keep in the server’s cloud.
But even if you didn’t use that very much, it’s fully compatible with Google Assistant and other virtual assistant frameworks (such as Amazon Alexa and Apple’s HomeKit). Because of this, everyone in your household can have access to the camera at all times (at your discretion, of course).
Use an ethernet cable or WiFi connection to link these devices to the camera. If you have a large home, things might get a little difficult for you to remain connected due to the limitation of the camera itself. It (the camera) connects to the base, making it impossible to use WiFi extenders to boost the product’s coverage.
Reolink Argus 2: Advantages Over the Competition
The Argus 2’s installation time is one of the fastest that you’ll come across in the surveillance camera market. You can expect to have everything up and running in as little as 30 minutes. Weather ready with its powerful exterior, the cam will stay running as you would expect no matter what region or climate you live in.
Still, it would be a good idea to change the mount screws with something else if you can, as they’re too easily stripped. The audio quality from the two-way mic isn’t the greatest, either. It’s easy to hear but quickly diminishes whenever loud noise is nearby.
Reolink Argus 2 vs Arlo Pro 2 vs EufyCam 2 Comparison & Reviews
Just one look at the Arlo 2 camera security system shows that it’s a high contender, one that a lot of customers will settle on from just a brief look at the exterior. But before you put anything down on the cam, there are a few things that you should be familiar with, to avoid running into any surprises when it arrives at your door.
This model is sold with two cameras, although it can be acquired with more as needed. The base is pretty large, having a good range in moderate to large-sized homes. A siren is placed on the front and will alert you whenever someone is attempting to tamper with the unit.
Getting to Know the Arlo Pro 2
If there’s one thing that you should consider when shopping for a surveillance camera, it’s the battery life. While the Arlo Pro 2 won’t last for as long as some of the competition, you’ll still get up to a month on one charge.
Of course, this is based on the amount of time that the camera is turned on, and the level of activity taking place in its frame. If you live in a household that has a lot of people going in and out of the doors throughout the day, it would be wise to lower the barometer to three weeks. Add more time in your area and quiet during the day and night.
Most of the features provided by the Arlo Pro 2 are also provided by the brand’s competition. But that’s not to say it’s the same. Take the microphone as an example. While many low-quality brands will feature one, they’re quite poor in audio. This one always sounds great, even when the wind is blowing. You can talk to whoever comes close to the mic, a great way to alert visitors to your presence when you’re not close to the door.
What are the Benefits?
Arlo Pro 2 camera with Arlo base has browser support and configuration through an ethernet or WiFi connection. Its Netgear application works outstanding with the camera and provides automatic saves.
You won’t need to rely so heavily on a flash drive to save important videos since it’s readily available for you to view online. Do this on your smartphone, desktop, or notebook.
- Batteries can last for up to a month without needing to be changed (based on the amount of activity within its periphery)
- All video files are automatically uploaded to Netgear
- Whenever motion is detected, the camera sends a notification to the user’s smartphone
- So long as people are within range, the camera’s recording hardware is audible and easy to interpret
- Motion detection is configurable, where a section of the camera’s view is screened for movement while another area is left alone (must be left on indefinitely when using this feature)
- Live video and recordings can be shared with others with the Netgear smartphone app and account
- From the Netgear application, other cameras are able to be monitored
- Includes browser support for people without smartphones
- Given that the camera has a 130-degree viewing angle, objects are slightly distorted from the way they actually appear
- Recordings are too abrupt when motion is detected, resulting in multiple files if the object/person moves in and out of the camera’s view (can be changed to 120 seconds in the camera settings)
- Creates lots of spam notifications when sensing motion
- No timestamps on video recordings
Here is the Video to Help You Install and Setup Your Arlo Pro 2 Camera System:
The Arlo Pro 2 wireless cameras show crisp images and video files all the time, no matter if recording happens during the day or night.
While it would be nice to have timestamps on videos and fewer spliced recordings, this is compensated for by the easy WiFi hookup and compatibility with off-brand cameras from the cloud application. Its two-way microphone is great for getting in touch with people at your door when you’re not around. In short, the Arlo 2 works well for businesses and residential areas.View at Amazon
The Reolink Argus 2 wireless security camera is sold in a pack of two, providing high-definition videos and pictures to smartphones and computers quickly when people are within its range. It’s quite small but very effective in motion detection, churning out videos whenever a person comes close to your living quarters. Place it anywhere on your porch that provides a good view of it and the driveway and let the cam do the rest.
When looking at most Reolink Argus 2 security camera reviews, you’ll see that a majority of them talk about the solar panel. This is a selling point; a great way to reduce dependency on ordinary batteries. So long as you have the panel pointed in the right direction (and keep it cleaned), it’ll last you for many years.
Getting to Know the Reolink Argus 2
This camera will work in just about any sort of weather, from moderate snowfalls to humid rains. It comes with a protective cover that’ll shield it from moisture as well. In hot conditions, nothing will melt. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth every week and the camera should remain in a new-like state.
Having gone over Reolink’s solar power capabilities, there is a secondary option. Using the same batteries provides for panel recharging, a 5V2A power adapter ensures that the camera stays on no matter what. Still, most will settle for solar power since less tinkering is needed in its use.
What are the Benefits?
This model has no delay in recordings, no matter how windy it gets. That means no abrupt moments of choppy files and indecipherable audio. All files are saved to Reolink Cloud, which easily syncs up with other cameras and virtual home devices in your home.
- Built to withstand inclement weather of all types without breaking
- No feedback or delay on the live feed, even on days with moderate wind gusts
- Because of its solar panel, there’s no need to frequently change out the batteries
- Speedy installation time
- The battery can be recharged with a 5V2A power adapter
- The built-in speaker is two-way, allowing communication with anyone that’s within range of the camera to the owner’s smartphone or desktop
- App and web support with Reolink Cloud, whereby all videos are automatically saved
- The screws included with the mount are very low quality and strip easily
- Although installation time is quick, the instruction provided by the company aren’t very thorough (YouTube tutorials recommended for installation)
- Poor audio quality from the microphone, especially around areas that have lots of noise pollution
Here is the Video to Help You Install and Setup Your Reolink Argus 2 Security Camera:
Try out the Reolink Argus 2 for its durability in cold and hot climates. The solar panel is also a plus, keeping you from worrying about taking the unit down for a recharge. It might not look as fancy as some of the cameras it competes with but will work during the times when you would least expect other cameras to perform well.
Use it by your front door and you’ll be able to keep up with anyone approaching. Did we mention that there are timestamps featured? Never concern yourself with losing dates on your video files ever again!View at Amazon
The Eufy Security Camera by Anker is very conspicuous a good thing that warms strangers to the fact that they’re being recorded in real-time. But that’s only one part of what this camera can do.
Motion detection is here, able to upload video files just seconds after people are sensed nearby. It has a decent range and can distinguish between people that are familiar with using facial recognition, thanks to the base’s advanced AI. But that’s not the only thing.
Getting to Know the eufyCam 2 Wireless Camera
If you’ve gone over the other two cameras featured, you may have noticed that they contain either solar power or ordinary charging methods. While this is great in itself, there will come a time through the year when the battery must be checked. But with the EufyCam 2, there’s nothing of the sort to worry about, ever.
That’s due to the long-lasting charging capabilities of this unit. On a full charge, you won’t have to check in within a month, or even three months later. Have six months passed? No, bother. You’ll get up to a full year with the batteries here.
What are the Benefits?
While this might seem a bit unrealistic to people unfamiliar with the way surveillance cameras work, it’s a fact. As a result, you can place this camera in areas that you wouldn’t have been able to do with ordinary charging methods.
Post it in high areas of your yard and get outstanding views of the entire areas around your home. It has a “set it and forget it” feel to it that’s great for people that want to place their cam in a hard-to-reach spot, one that intruders couldn’t access easily.
- The camera has a very wide-angle (140 degrees) but hardly any distortion in the video
- Motion detection alerts users in about two seconds
- Can last for up to a year without needing to be recharged
- The application features 256 AES encryption, military-grade (username and password)
- Compatible with most major software frameworks and virtual assistants (HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant)
- Good WiFi coverage in moderately-sized homes (with Repeated Mode)
- Facial recognition capabilities to reduce false alarms
- The cameras are unable to connect directly to a WiFi network and are linked to the product’s base instead, making it impossible to increase the range with a WiFi range extended
- Works better with an Ethernet cable than WiFi due to poor range in large homes
Here is the Video to Help You Install and Setup Your eufyCam 2 Wireless Home Security Camera System:
In the end, the Eufy 2 Camera performs well and has outstanding battery life. You can place it in areas that you would never think about doing with other cameras since there’s less of a need to check it every month for recharges.
If your home is moderately sized, the WiFi should work flawlessly. It works best in a larger home with a close-by ethernet port so make sure that there’s one nearby your front door before settling on this product.View at Amazon
Insights and Takeaways
So which camera is better out of the three? That’s not an easy decision to make. Each product can record and output clear, high-quality video. They all can pick up faces that are near your door and have two-way speakers/microphones.
If you value motion detection accuracy, the Arlo Pro 2 is great in this department, picking up people that are meters away from your front door during the day and night hours.
The Reolink Argus 2 has these features well but hits high marks for its stellar application and durable construction. On the other hand, EufyCam 2 is the best solar-powered camera for more stealthy situations, or if you wish to have a camera installed in a position that’s hard for others to reach on their own.
There’s no better time than now to boost your home security. No matter which camera you end up choosing, you’ll get peace of mind from having 24/7 live feeds to anyone that approaches your home!