Table of Contents Show
First thing, first! If you are thinking about owning a grill, you must choose between charcoal and gas grill. Well, this is the first test, and assuming charcoal is your preference, your next exam will be deciding the size that meets your needs.
Yes, grills vary in size, and this is a very crucial factor to consider when shopping. As members of the Texas City BBQ society and veterans in grilling and smoking, we have interacted with a lot of good brands of varying sizes, and Weber is one of them.
Weber products are readily available, and if you need to replace anything in your grill, you will definitely find them at the local store. So, today, we’re going to see the difference between Weber kettle grills, precisely Weber size 26 and 22. Let’s go straight to the point.
Weber 26 vs. 22-inch Charcoal Grills Review & Comparison
Are you stuck wondering which Weber kettle to buy? Choosing between a Weber grill size 26 and a Weber grill size 22 is never an easy decision.
When you ask anyone who has used any of these grills, you’ll learn that it is a divisive question. Most people incline toward one or the other, and there is a good reason for each choice.
Here are the unique features that will help you decide the best Weber charcoal grill that is worth your money and your need
Weber 22-Inch Premium Charcoal GrillView at Amazon
What Customers are Saying
Those who have previously used Weber 22 suggest that this charcoal kettle barbecue does a fantastic job when cooking. As with other products, some customers have also aired negative comments about this grill.
Its lack of hinged is one significant downside of this grill. Although there is not much bad to be said about this grill, the majority of reviewers are pleased with the product’s construction quality and performance.
- Hinged Cooking Grate – when grates are opened, they flip sideways. This makes it easy for you to add charcoal. The plated steel grates provide a considerable space that is enough to cook for a 3 to 4-person family.
- Inbuilt Thermometer – another great feature you will find in the 22-inch grill is the built-in lid thermometer that helps you to monitor the grilling temperature easily.
- Aluminum Damper – this grill has 3 installed swiveling damper blades that control the flow of air in and out of the grill. You can close the damper as much as you would wish to slow the rate of your fire burn.
- Porcelain Bowl and Lid – with a smoking area of 363 square inches, this space is enough to smoke everything well. The porcelain-enameled bowl and lid allow convection smoking giving better results.
- One-touch cleaning system – with this system, you can comfortably remove the ash using one hand. You just need to move the level sideways, and the excess debris and ash will move towards the ash catcher, making it easy to dispose of.
- All-weather wheels – named as the outdoor grilling icon, Weber 22 is equipped with two wheels that can withstand all weather. This makes its transportation from one area to another easy.
- Easy to assemble the free-standing.
- Its circular design allows for even distribution of heat.
- It has adjustable vents, which makes it easy to empty excess debris.
- It doesn’t have a hinged lid
With all that said, the Weber 22-inch kettle is reliable grilling equipment that is up to produce delicious briskets for your family. Even though it might not meet all your needs, if you are looking for a well-designed charcoal grill at a pocket-friendly price, then this product is what you are seeking.View at Amazon
Weber Original Kettle 26 Inch Charcoal GrillView at Amazon
What Customers are Saying
The grill is easy to assemble, and it comes with all tools and parts included. According to customers, these grills are the real deal as it works like a charm. What makes this grill unique is that it has enough space sufficient for indirect smoking.
However, it comes with standard legs that make the grill a bit weaker, and because of this, it needs to be on a level surface.
The positive side of this grill is as follows; heavy-duty stainless steel top grill grate and charcoal grate, temperature gauge thermometer, and large-sized smoking grate enough to do everything.
- Hinged cooking grate made of stainless steel supplying 508 square inches of cooking space.
- An insulated inbuilt handle, an inbuilt thermometer, and an adjustable damper with 4 air vents.
- Installed with web connect turning your grill into a smart grilling hub.
- One touch-cleaning system, which makes ash removal a hassle-free activity.
- 508 square inches cooking area.
- Tuck-away lid holder.
- It is equipped with an in-built thermometer to help you regulate the amount of heat.
- It is designed to maximize airflow and retain heat, allowing the outdoor chef to cook into perfection.
- It has a hinged stainless steel cooking grate that enables you to maneuver coals without lifting the rack.
- It has 3 damper blades, which when swiveled, funnel ash into the removable ash catcher.
- It has a decent-sized grate of 508 square inches which is enough to smoke the whole brisket.
- The base is weak
- Smoked food lacks the smokey flavor
- Not an ideal grill for searing
Weber 26-inch grill is the only kettle with a stainless steel grate. Other grills come with nickel-plated steel, which looks pretty when new but quickly comes off, exposing the grate to rust.
Now, if you want equipment that is going to last and at the same time serving all your BBQ needs, then Weber 26-inch grill is your rescue equipment. The price of the 26-inch kettle grill is relatively friendly, and everyone can afford it.View at Amazon
With the above tips, it is now easy for you to narrow down to the best Weber grill you need. In our view, the Weber 22-inch kettle is much better than the Weber 26-inch kettle. This is because Weber’s 26-inch kettle lacks a side table that is essential in preparing food.
Another thing with the Weber 26-inch kettle is that its lid is heavier than the 22-inch kettle. However, the weight of the cover is not a major concern to many people, but it is something you will want to consider.