Ever wonder why a printed image on a t-shirt start to crack after several washes? The importance of utilizing the best heat transfer paper cannot be denied because it plays a crucial role in making sure your design stays put and looks good for many years.
Whether your decorating items for yourself or as gifts to your loved ones, it is critical to determine what is the best heat transfer paper to use. The quality of your heat transfer paper becomes even more significant when you are designing stuff like hats, shirts, pillowcases, and more to sell.
Check out some picks for the best heat transfer paper below.
10 Best Heat Transfer Paper Reviews:
1. Avery Printable T-shirt Transfers
Avery has been around the paper supplies industry for man years and their Printable T-shirt Transfers is considered as the best heat transfer paper for dark shirts. Each order comes with five sheets measuring 8-1/2 by 11 inches that work well on 100% dark cotton or poly-cotton blend shirts.
You can easily transfer your design with an iron or heat press machine in a matter of minutes. These papers are easy to customize and format because it comes with free templates, fonts, and clip arts. A lot of consumers are satisfied with this ink jet transfer paper.
- Comes with a unique color shield technology that ascertains your design stays pristine even after so many cycles in the washing machine.
- Adheres well to the T-shirt in a matter of a few minutes.
- This is ten times easier to use than vinyls, with the colors popping out and lasting a lot longer.
- Some have complained that it is difficult to get this to stick on shirts.
- They have been known to peel right away.
- There is a white patch around your design, so you may have to really cut close if you don’t want this white portion included.
For a cheap transfer paper that is easy to use for your dark hued projects, Avery is a good choice.
2. Neenah 3G Jet Opaque Heat Transfer Paper
This Neenah heat transfer paper utilizes an opaque layer which allows you to make professional and nice looking inkjet images on dark and colored textiles. Each set comes with ten sheets that measure 8.5 by 11 inches in size.
This is considered as the best heat transfer paper for inkjet printers that create high quality and long lasting printouts. This works well on various types of clothing materials, so a lot of consumers express satisfaction with this transfer paper.
- The colors from this product are vibrant, with no color loss during transfer.
- This cuts well with a Cricut machine.
- Transfer very easily using a heat press, with no cracking or peeling issues.
- Results have been inconsistent, sometimes looking pristine and the other ties peeling and cracking.
- This product recommends using a press, although some have used a regular iron without an problems.
If you want a paper that works well and only costs half the price, this Neena 3G Jet Opaque is the right one for you.
3. Cozymate Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl
This Cozymate is your ideal mate being the best iron on transfer paper that works well with any of your home irons. This is compatible with your inkjet printers and will work well with all types of fabric kinds and colors. This Cozymate is the perfect partner for personalizing your shirts, bags, and caps.
Each order comes with 10 pieces, measuring A4 size or roughly 11.8 by 7.9 inches. Customers have a mixed review regarding this product with others being very pleased and the rest being unhappy because they do not hold up well.
- It has held up very well through several washes.
- It comes with a one year money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results.
- It didn’t come with instructions, so you have to Google for that.
- Prints have been known to crack and peel.
If you looking to try an affordable product, this Cozymate is perfect for you. With its one year money back guarantee, you really have nothing to lose.
4. Jet Pro SofStretch Ink Jet Heat Transfer Paper
This product is made and sold exclusively by Gold Seal Specialty Papers. This comes at a fairly steep price with only one sheet, measuring 11 by 8.5 inches in dimension, upon its deliver.
The company believes that you get what you pay for so this Jet Pro SS tops the list of many t-shirt transfer paper reviews. Most consumers are happy with the results of this premium product that works well on light-toned fabrics. It also would work easily on different fabric blends.
- The adhesion of the image to the product is superior, with some lasting for more than two years.
- The transfer is so seamless that the looks like it has been printed onto the shirt and not just ironed on.
- This product doesn’t crack easily become it allows room for stretching.
- The primary con is the price because it costs more than the other transfer papers in the market today, and there is only one sheet per order.
If you are looking for a product that works well consistently and looks professional, then this Jet Pro transfer paper is the right one for you. Those who have had many years of experience transferring designs will find this a great product to work with.
5. Y-Not 100 pieces Thermal Paper
Why not give this Y-not a try? This is one of the most affordable transfer papers out there with each order coming in with 100 sheets of transfer paper measuring 8.5 by 11 inches. This is compatible with the thermal printer and dot matrix printers.
This comes with a protective layer to keep your hands and clothes off the product. Consumers are generally happy with this product an said they would buy it again.
- This works very well and adheres easily to any surface material.
- Should you have any product issues, you’d be happy to note this comes with great customer service.
- This product can even transfer onto the skin as a tattoo without any glitches.
- Some have complained that this is a low-quality product that doesn’t work very well.
If money is an issue, this is the cheapest and high-quality heat transfer paper you can buy in the market today. With a hundred pieces, you can afford to make mistakes and do several practice runs to make sure you are doing things right.
6. Pirate Face Tattoo
This PFT brand of thermal transfer paper is favored by many designers and tattoo artist for transferring design images on many surfaces including the skin. Each sheet comes with a 4ply that includes a purple ink layer that serves to transfer clear images onto your skin with ease.
This is suitable for a thermal copy machine or free hand drawing. This PFT paper is also known as a stencil paper or carbon paper. The size of eat sheet is 8.5 by 11 inches and each order comes with 15 sheets. Most consumers are happy with this product and consider them a great value for money.
- This works easily as intended and transfers a nice bold image.
- These are higher in quality with the designs lasting longer wherever it is placed.
- Some complained that this have trouble transferring all the design details onto the skin.
- A few noted that the tracing paper it comes with can smudge causing an unclear design transfer.
If you’re a tattoo business, this PFT is the brand for you. You can easily design on these sheets with your by hand and transfer when needed.
7. Bekith 100 Sheets Transfer Stencil Paper
This transfer paper works well on all surfaces, including the skin. This Bekith product is great for tattoo stencil transfers. Each sheet comes with four layers: the master sheet where the design is place, the protective sheet which must be removed before use, the carbon paper, and the yellow backing paper.
This 100 sheet transfer paper comes in 8.5 by 11 inches and work well with a thermal copier or freehand use. A lot of consumers are in agreement that this Bekith is a great bulk order product.
- Many love that this paper can give a solid thick imprint.
- Works great on any clothing surface, including the skin with tattoos and temporary tattoos.
- Very affordable with a lot of papers included in the reasonable price. As a result, this product is an “amazon choice” recipient.
- It does not work great on stencils.
- The ink does not come out dark on the skin.
If you’re looking for a cheap product, then this is a great purchase because it comes with many sheets. You can afford to use several from the 100 to practice one.
8. Spirit M Thermofax Thermal Transfer and Stencil Paper
If you’re in search for a good quality heat transfer paper, look no further than this brand. Each order comes with a hundred sheets, measuring 8.5 by 11 inches. It works well with both a thermal copier and by hand.
It also adheres well on different kinds of surfaces, including your skin. This is a go-to product of tattoo artists because they are easy to work with. Many customers have expressed their delight with wonderful product because it is easy to use and is priced really well.
- Gives vibrant details with no problems in transferring, even on your skin.
- This product is priced well with one hundred sheets for each order.
- This Spirit paper is able to do what it says on its packaging with ease.
- Make sure you are purchasing an authentic Spirit paper because there are many counterfeit products available in the market today.
This is a Spirit paper is a great purchase for tattoo shop owners because it is well priced and transfers with ease onto the skin.
9. Quacoww 32 Sheets Tattoo Transfer Paper
This tattoo transfer papers come with 32 sheets, measuring 8.27 by 11.7 inches. This is the most suitable product for tattoo shops. Each sheet has four pages which includes a protective layer paper.
This product does not fade and can be kept clean and reusable. This Quacoww is for manual and thermal use only. Many tattoo artists express great delight for this product.
- This transfer paper works that way it is supposed to easily and seamlessly.
- It is fairly reasonably priced with several sheets per order.
- Some noted that it can get blotchy when transferred onto the skin.
- This does not come with a transfer paste, which must be used for a clearer pattern.
For tattoo artists and shop owners, you must consider this product to be a part of your arsenal of product staples because they work well without breaking the bank.
10. SLSy 100 Sheets Tattoo Stencil Transfer Paper
This professional tattoo transfer papers are easy to use. You can simply trace over any design with a pen for hand draw stencils or you can use a thermal copy machine printer and even dot matrix printers.
With 100 sheets of this A4 size paper, this makes it a good buy for both beginners and advanced users as it delivers professional results all the time. Tattoo artists are happy with this product.
- They offer a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not happy with the results, just return everything and they will change it for you.
- Very affordable with many sheets in each order.
- This comes with great customer support.
- Very few noted that transfer is not seamless.
If you are a tattoo artist in need of bulk transfer paper supplier, then this product is the right one for you.
Education: Factors to Consider When Buying Heat Transfer Paper
There are several considerations that you have to make when you are purchasing your heat transfer paper. As with any product, you have to do your research to ensure you are getting your money’s worth and the right product to address your needs, so you can make an informed choice and not live to regret your purchase. Here under are several things your must think about before you invest your money.
Kind of Printer
The kind of printer you have determines what type of transfer paper you can buy. There are several kinds of printers in the market: inkjet printers, laser printers, thermal printers, dot matrix printers, and the like. Aside from considering compatibility with your printer, you may need to draw things by hand from time to time. It is critical to read and see what the transfer paper brand you’re thinking of buying can offer you.
Opacity or Material Color
Think about the type of material you will be transferring your deigns to. Some papers works well with light or gray colors. Others work better with darker materials. Some can even work well on the skin. Be sure to read the fine print of the transfer paper you are thinking of buying.
Size of the Sheet and Amount of Sheets
Consider your design and the size of the sheet. If you have a longer design, then check if it would fit the standard legal or A4 size. On top of that, check how many sheets each order comes with. The more sheets, the better.
How it Can Be Transferred
It is important to take note of how you can transfer your design. Can you do it with a regular home iron or will you be needing a commercial press? Tattoo artists looking to transfer their design onto skin must also read up on this component.
With many choices out there, it is critical to read up on each one to figure out which suits your needs. The best heat transfer paper is the one that includes many sheets, along with a money-back guarantee because you don’t risk losing anything if you don’t buy the product.
A brand like SLSy with one hundred sheets and a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee is the best choice for tattoo artists, while those looking to work with more products can pick the Cozy Mate coming with ten sheets and a one-year money-back guarantee.