Table of Contents Show
- 5 Best Hidden Cameras for Cars:
- Hidden Cameras for Home Security, AREBI 1080p HD Mini Spy Camera WiFi Wireless, Small Nanny Camera Indoor with Wide Angle Remote View, Motion Detection, Night Vision, Tiny Spy Cam A10 Plus [Original]
- Car Key Camera Mini Camera1080 DVR Multifunctional Hd Cam Car Key DVR IR Night Vision with Motion Dectect NO WiFi
- Nanny Camera Power Bank 1080P HD 10000mAh Security Camera Charger, Mini Secret Cam for Home Office and Outdoor with Gravity Sensor/Motion Detection/Night Vision/20 Hours Continuous Recording/No WiFi
- Camera Glasses Video Sunglasses,1080P Full HD Video Recording Camera,Shooting Camera Glasses,Cycling,Driving,Hiking,Fishing,Hunting(32G SD Card Include)
- Lawmate Car Charger Hidden Camera with Night Vision – PV-CG20 with 32GB Micro SD Card
- Buying Guide: What Should You Know Before Making a Purchase?
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Hidden Cameras for Cars
- Hidden Car Cameras FAQ
- Making the Decision
Whether you’re a rideshare driver who wants to protect yourself in the event of an unruly passenger, a driver who wants to record video in the event of an accident, or just someone who wants to be able to keep an eye on your car as it sits in the driveway, getting hidden cameras for your cars is a great idea.
However, there are plenty of choices out there. And while this is a good thing, it does make it difficult to determine which option is the best hidden spy cameras for cars.
As someone who has done extensive research on hidden cameras and uses them to protect myself at home and on the road, I can help you make the right choice for you. Let’s dive in and look at my top eight picks for the best car camera.
5 Best Hidden Cameras for Cars:
If you want the best spy camera for a car that’s also very difficult to detect, this is a great choice. It records in 1080p, meaning that you’ll be able to see the video in high resolution. Using the AREBI app, you can also access recordings from anywhere in real time.
This wireless hidden camera for cars has a rechargeable battery and can also record while charging from a battery pack or outlet.
Most reviews of this camera praise it for being easy to set up and for recording easy-to-view video. However, since it can only record for about an hour while not being charged, many users have stated that they wish the battery was more powerful.
- Loop recording feature
- Decent resolution
- Hard to detect
- Can be accessed from anywhere
- Poor battery life without being charged
- Short battery life makes it hard to record your car while not driving
If you need to find a mini surveillance camera for car use that is also almost impossible to detect, this is a non-traditional option. It’s made to look like most car keys, meaning most passengers won’t register it as a camera.
It has a recording angle of up to 140 degrees and a rechargeable lithium ion battery that can record for up to 90 minutes on a single charge. Though it only records in a single direction, it’s a good choice if you need to be discreet when it comes to recording.
Most buyers note that this camera works well, especially considering the price. However, some note that it can be difficult to tell when it’s recording.
- Very affordable
- Can record during the day or at night
- Very easy to hide
- Can’t be mounted to the dashboard like many car cameras
- Only records up to 90 min when not charging
- Given that most extra car keys are placed on the center console or in cup holders, it can be hard to record most of the car without arousing suspicion
- While it saves recordings to an SD card, the card is not included
This hidden spy camera for cars has one particularly useful feature–it’s built into an actual power bank. This means that, unlike some small cameras, it can work for 25-40 hours on a single charge.
It also has night recording capabilities. And since many people charge power banks while driving, it won’t look suspicious to have it plugged in and recorded in your vehicle as you drive.
This camera has been praised by buyers as not only a useful and hard-to-detect camera but also as a very powerful power bank. However, some purchasers are disappointed that it does not record audio.
- Lasts longer on a single charge than most hidden car cameras
- Records in high definition
- Also works as a power bank
- The camera is very hard for others to detect
- Because it can’t be mounted to the dashboard, it’s harder t make sure you’re recording the whole car
- While the listing makes some buyers think it records audio, it does not
If you need a spy camera with audio for your car, these are a great option. And unlike some others on this list, the fact that the camera is built into the glasses means that you can easily record the road while driving.
The glasses camera records in 1080p and also includes an SD card. This is fairly significant, as most of the cameras on the list require you to buy the card separately.
Most buyers seem to love how inconspicuous this camera is, as well as the fact that it records audio. However, while the glasses are advertised as water-resistant, some buyers said they stopped working if worn in rain.
- Records audio as well as high-resolution video
- Allow you to record the road while driving
- 32 GB SD card is included
- Only last 1.5 hours on a charge, and wearing while charging is likely to make others suspicious
- May not be as water-resistant as the manufacturer claims
If you need a small spy camera for a car that is also adjustable, this camera is a great choice. It’s disguised as a charger (and it actually works as a charger). Plus, you can adjust the exact camera angle by rotating the base.
This camera can record day or night, and it turns on automatically when you start your car. The videos it produces also have day and time stamps, which may be important in some cases.
This camera hasn’t been reviewed as favorably as some of the others on the list–many buyers say they like the concept and design, but some have said it’s somewhat confusing to set up. Others are disappointed that it records no audio.
- SD card is included
- It’s adjustable, so you can capture what’s most important
- It also works as a charger
- The listing doesn’t say what the video resolution is
- It’s very expensive compared to many cameras on the list
Buying Guide: What Should You Know Before Making a Purchase?
As any responsible car owner knows, it’s not generally a good idea to rush out and buy the first hidden camera you see. Here’s what to consider before making a decision.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Hidden Cameras for Cars
One of the first considerations you’ll need to make is whether you need to record just inside the car, just ahead of you, or both. A single-channel camera just records one way, while a dual-channel one will record in both directions.
However, most hidden cameras only record in one direction. If you want to record both the road and your car’s interior, you may want to invest in two or more cameras.
And since many small, hidden cameras are affordable, this is possible to do even on a budget.
Another thing to consider is whether you want an infrared-capable camera. These cameras, which are often abbreviated as “IR” cameras, are capable of recording easy-to-see video, even in complete darkness.
Here’s when you might need one:
- If you’re a rideshare driver who transports passengers at dusk or after dark
- Also If you want to be able to record vehicle theft or vandalism attempts at night
- If you want to be able to record road conditions at night
However, if you want to record external road conditions in darkness, it’s important to note that the camera will need to be externally mounted.
If you mount one inside, the glare from the infrared bulb will reflect off the windshield, making any video recorded difficult or impossible to see.
You may also want to purchase a camera with what’s known as a looping feature. This means that it automatically records over older footage you don’t need.
If you’re someone who is somewhat forgetful and want to avoid running out of recording space (especially in the event that you really need it), this is an important feature to look for.
One other thing to consider when buying a mini hidden car camera is whether or not you want one with a g-force sensor. These sensors can tell if you’re involved in an accident, and they will save the footage.
Hidden Car Cameras FAQ
Most people have several questions before they buy a spy camera for a car interior. In order to help you streamline your search, we’ve included some of the common questions asked by shoppers.
Why Do You Need a Car Camera?
A car camera, also called a dashcam, can protect you in the event of an accident. Having footage can show insurance companies and legal representatives what actually happened, and they can protect you from liability if you aren’t at fault.
Plus, if you’re a cab driver or rideshare driver, a camera can protect you from liability if you have a dangerous or malicious passenger. And if the passenger makes a claim against you, it can also show what really happened.
How Important is Battery Life?
Since most hidden spy cameras are small, almost everyone is battery-powered. If you need to record for a very long time, you might want to look into those that can also record when charging.
Can I Record Audio Too?
Some hidden cameras can record audio. However, before buying one, check your state laws–some states outlaw recording audio with video.
Where Can These Cameras Record?
Many hidden car cameras are disguised as other objects, and some may look suspicious if they’re placed on the dashboard or mounted elsewhere. Make sure you choose a camera that can capture the part of your car (or the road) that you want to record.
Making the Decision
It’s hard to choose one best hidden car camera that’s right for everyone. However, my pick is the OUMEIOU power bank camera. Since this camera is hard to detect, it’s a great choice. But I think the best feature is that you can have it plugged in while driving without looking suspicious.
Whether it’s from this list or another, be sure to research your options and buy a car camera today–it’s something that doesn’t cost but will give you peace of mind.