Falling and slipping in your bathroom can be pretty dangerous, but it’s also easy to fix. With a non-slip bath mat, you can keep your floors and shower slip-proof providing safety for your family from broken bones and hazardous falls.
Available in a range of designs and colors, it is easy to find a functional and effective bath mat that will keep you from slipping and falling as well as complement your bathroom décor. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best non-slip bath mats for your home.
10 Best Non Slip Bath Mats:
1. YINENN Bath Tub Shower MatView at Amazon
Using 200 suction cups, this mat will grip the floor securely while the 176 drain holes allow water to pass through it. With this design, you get more flexibility on where you can place the mat, plus water is not able to pool on it and make it slippery. Made of heavy-duty, high-quality vinyl, this mat is both BPA and Latex-free.
The Yinenn Bath Tub Shower Matt features hassle-free maintenance and can be washed at any time. Just throw it in the washer and then let it air dry. With the powerful suction cups, this anti-slip bath mat gives you 360-degrees of safety with this extra-large mat, which will give you excellent coverage on your shower floor.
- It grips the floor pretty well, and water doesn’t collect on it
- Your feet will love the texture since its very massage-like
- It’s pretty durable, and you can throw it in the washer
- The suction isn’t great
- It starts to mildew quickly
2. Yimobra Extra Long Bath MatView at Amazon
Providing an anti-slip surface, the Yimobra Bath Mat is also super comfortable and provides you with a massage experience for your feet. Made with high-quality PVC materials, this is a soft and durable mat that is not easy to deform. It is also Phthalate, Latex, and BPA-free.
Super easy to clean, you can throw this bath mat in the washer and then hang it up to dry. Perfect for non-textured and smooth shower tub floors, the Yimobra Bath Mat is available in several sizes and colors making it one of the best non-slip bath mats on the market.
- It’s pretty secure on your floor, so it won’t move
- It feels good to step on and lays nice and flat
- You can clean it easily, and you don’t have to worry about slipping when it’s on the floor
- It only works in a bathtub with a smooth surface
- It’s hard to clean around all the suckers
3. Gorilla Grip Bath MatView at Amazon
With a beautiful hexagon design, the Gorilla Grip Bath Mat will complement any bathroom design style. With all the drain holes found in this bath mat, water is allowed to pass through easily and not pool on top of the mat. It is also easy to use in tubs that have a drain in an atypical location.
This easy-to-clean mat can be thrown in the washer and then air-dried to help remove any slipper and oily buildup that can occur from hair products and soap. Since this bath mat is so durable and clean, it is also recommended to be used in spas, saunas, gyms, and hotels as well as in your bathroom at home. With its extra-large size, you get excellent coverage in your tub, leaving very little floor space exposed.
- The great coverage of your shower floor
- It is easy to clean and sticks to the floors well
- It has a really cool design that works with your bathroom decor
- It isn’t very cushiony
- It has a bit of a smell
4. SlipX Solutions Bath MatView at Amazon
With the effective and comfortable surface patter, you get a great grip under your feet thanks to the suction cups that can attach to a non-textured surface. You can easily wash this bath mat in the washer and then hang it out to air dry.
Made of vinyl, the SlipX Solutions Bath Mat is a durable bath mat that will last you through years of use. Providing excellent drainage, there are plenty of drain holes throughout the mat that helps to reduce the surface water by keeping the water flowing through it while you shower to allow for fast drying when you are done.
- It fits your bathtub perfectly
- Kids will not slip in the tub when using it
- it’s easy to clean and dry
- Mildew tends to form around the suction cups
- It tends to yellow, which you can’t get rid of
5. Epica Anti-Slip Bath MatView at Amazon
This non-stick bath mat is larger than typical mats providing more coverage and safety showers. The Epica Anti-Slip Bath Mat is safe and stylish as well as sanitary. Minimizing the risk of falls and slips, this bath mat also prevents the build-up of soap residue and the growth of bacteria.
Made of heavy-duty rubber, this is a latex-free bath mat that has excellent wear and tear-resistant. Perfect for use at home, it also is a good choice for hotels, gyms, assisted living facilities, and hospitals. Constructed of strong, injection-molded rubber, it has an excellent grip on the bottom and top and adheres securely to the tub floor thanks to hundreds of suction cups.
The textured top of the mat provides extra traction for your feet while the suction cups on the bottom will fit on any surface, whether it is textured or not. With its stylish neutral color, the Epica Anti-Slip Bath Mat looks good in any shower.
- This is an easy to clean mat
- It has a non-slip bottom that stays in place
- It’s very stylish and looks good in the bathroom
- There isn’t a lot of cushion for your bottom
- It isn’t very wide
6. Munchkin Dandy Dots Bath MatView at Amazon
If you are looking for an anti-slip mat for a tub, the Munchkin Dandy Dots Bath Mat has a non-slip surface and skid-resistant suction cups that will hold the mat securely in place. With its colorful and cute design, this is a fun and contemporary look that both baby and mom will love.
Keeping your little one from sliding and slipping, the Munchkin Dandy Dots Bath Mat is made of rubber and measures 30 ½ x 14 ¼-inches to provide great coverage of the tub floor. With its textured surface, this candy-colored bath mat will help to make bath time fun.
- It’s a fun kid’s bath mat that stays in place
- The textured surface is great for kids to stand on without them slipping
- It adds a fun and contemporary look to a kid’s bathroom
- It needs to be wider
- It traps all kinds of moisture, grime, and hair underneath it
7. AmazerBath Bath Tub MatView at Amazon
With its skid-resistant and suction cup design, the AmazerBath Bath Tub Mat stays securely attached to the floor of your shower or bathtub. With a strong grip, the mat won’t slide once it is suctioned down, but it will pull up easily when you are ready to clean it. Using a textured pattern, the surfaces increase slip resistance and friction, plus it won’t become slick with the use of shampoo and soap.
This high-quality bat mat features good drainage and a strong grip. The AmazerBath Bath Tub mat is equipped with drain holes that allow water to flow through quickly while keeping the mat clean and dry. You can also throw it in the washing machine to clean it and then just let it air dry.
Made of durable and soft PVC material, this mat is gentle and safe against your skin and will not deform easily. With its large size, the AmazerBath Bath Tub Mat covers most of the length of your tub and will feel great on your feet.
- It is really easy to clean and dry
- This mat covers a lot of your tub floor
- It has good drainage and doesn’t get mildewy
- It builds up mold quickly
- You have to constantly press the suction cups back down
8. Tike Smart Extra-Long Bath Tub MatView at Amazon
This mildew and mold-resistant mat are anti-microbial and machine washable. The Tike Smart Extra-Long Bath Tub Mat is made of vinyl and fits a standard tub covering the entire tub floor. This is 33% more coverage than you get from a typical mat.
With added anti-slip protection, you don’t have to worry about falls or slips. The textured surface of this bath mat gives you a superior grip and is an allergen, BPA, and phthalate-free. This is a great choice if you have kids or elderly parents in your home.
- This is a super durable bath mat
- It’s great for kid’s bathrooms
- The suction works really well and is nice and secure
- It has a horrible smell
- It takes a lot of scrubbing to keep the mold off
9. Vive Shower MatView at Amazon
The Vive Shower Mat features a design with a six-inch, centered drainage hole that prevents water from pooling. Using 200 suction cups, this mat will remain in place, even when it is wet. Each mat is treated to protect its surface, and this rubber mat is not only durable but also naturally slip-resistant. Great for shower base.
This latex-free bath mat provides added traction and stability. Providing comfortable and safe footing, the Vive Shower Mat is one of the best non-slip shower mats thanks to its protection against hazardous falls.
- It gives you good stability in the shower
- This is a comfortable mat to stand on that has a lot of traction
- It’s good for a kid’s bathroom
- It’s too small for some users
- It has an unpleasant smell
10. Simple Deluxe Slip-Resistant Bath Mat, Extra Long, ClearView at Amazon
Measuring 16 x 39-inches, this bath mat gives you 30% more coverage than a typical bath mat. Easy to clean, you can throw this bath mat in the washer and then air dry.
- It is easy to clean
- This mat gives you a good amount of coverage
- It stays in the tub very securely
- It has a pretty strong odor
- It holds water under the mat and must be pulled up and reinstalled each time
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Non-Slip Bath Mats
Benefits of The Non-Slip Mat:
Available in different models, different bath mats will give you different performances. You can use them outside the bathroom or in the shower area, and you can use them inside the shower and bathtub for added safety.
It can be dangerous to slip in the bathtub, especially for older individuals that may not have the best reflexes. With a non-slip mat, you can be ensured stability and security as you use your bathroom and shower.
Designed with patterns that provide comfort for even the most sensitive feet, this bath and shower mat is better to step on than a hard and cold surface once you’ve been in a relaxing bath. Plus, you can also use them to wrap up your feet in warmth and dry them.
Many bath mats are mildew and mold-resistant as well as antibacterial.
Features to Look for in the Best Non-Slip Bath Mat
One of the most important features of a non-slip bath mat, suction cups allow a mat to firmly fasten to a shower floor. For any bath mat that you buy, you want to make sure it has multiple suction cups, ideally, you want between 200 and 300 suction cups. That way, you know that the mat is slip-free and will have a fully dry surface all over the mat.
You also want a bath mat that is easy to wash. Look for one that you can wash in your washing machine and that you don’t have to spend hours scrubbing away the mildew in between all the little suction cups. It’s also important that the bath mat can retain its appearance and color after many washes.
Durability is also important since you don’t want to have to replace the mat frequently. Always read reviews to see how well the mat you are considering will hold up for a long time.
Your bathroom can be one of the dangerous places in your home, so it’s important to use as many safety tools as possible. A non-slip bath mat is an important part of any bathroom. Not only will the best non-slip bath mats help keep your family safe, but they can also provide a pleasing aesthetic that makes bath time and your home cozier.