Do you love swimming? How good are your skills? Swimming is a charming experience; however, our experience is sometimes spoiled by water getting in our nose as we swim, or you become infected by certain diseases due to water contamination.
Having experienced some of these challenges, I thought it was helpful for me to share how I overcame these challenges. This article will introduce you to various nose pads and nose clips and factors to consider when buying them, among other things. Stay to the end as we analyze every clip and pad. You will agree with me that indeed having a nose clip elevates swimming experience.
10 Best Nose Clips for Swimming:
1. Speedo Competition Nose ClipView at Amazon
Speedo manufacturers the best-rated swimming nose clips. This nose clip is unique because it is suitable for both young and adult swimmers. They are durable due to the silicone frame used in manufacturing, and the storage case ensures you do not lose your nose clip. The clips are covered with soft pads to protect your nose while you put them on.
- The steel frame is adjustable to fit the shape of your nose
- It is suitable for both adults and minors due to its adjustable nature
- The silicone materials used in making the nose clip makes it look very conspicuous.
2. TYR Ergo Swim ClipView at Amazon
It is one of the perfect kid nose plugs due to the materials used to manufacture it. The clips are made in various colors so that your kid can choose their favorite color amongst the four colors. The most affordable color amongst these four is the clear color.
It is suitable for both beginners and experienced swimmers. Latex-free, and so you do not have to worry about latex allergies. It is designed to meet various swimming needs, such as recreational, competition, and training.
- Very comfortable
- Available in four distinct colors
- Perfect sizes for many noses
- Sometimes too tight for those with thin noses
- Does not have carrying case hence easy to loose
3. Harmony Smiley’s Nose PlugsView at Amazon
Harmony Smiley’s Nose Plugs are the best nose clips for swimming since they are created by an ex-pro swimmer Eric Southwick. They are ideal for professional swimmers. It favors those with larger nostrils and can as well be adjusted for smaller nostrils.
The pads are cushioned to provide maximum comfort for the nose. They are made of flexible wires, which makes it easy to fit them on multiple nose sizes.
- Adjustable frame to fit various nose sizes
- Cushioned pads to provide maximum comfort
- Adjustable nylon cord that can be loped
- Ideal for professional swimmers
- The straps are not long enough on certain occasions.
4. Speedo Liquid Comfort Nose ClipView at Amazon
One of the best nose pinchers for swimming manufactured by Speedo. It is very light and is made from stainless steel coated with rubber. Unlike other nose clips, the frames of Speedo Liquid Comfort Nose Clip are made from nylon.
This clip is designed to ensure that water does not have access to your nostril, and you experience maximum comfort whenever you put it on. The nylon frames are very flexible to ensure it fits on various nose sizes.
- The nylon frame makes it more durable
- Available in various colors
- Few cases of breathing difficulty have been reported.
5. Cressi Swim Accessories: Swimming Ear Plugs & Nose Clips for Young and AdultsView at Amazon
Cressi manufactures the best nose plugs for swimming. These nose plugs are suitable for multiple swimming activities such as deep diving, and they work efficiently without pinching your nose even if used for a long time underwater. To allow you to travel with your nose clip, Cressi delivers the nose clip with a storage case.
- The frame is flexible to allow it to bend to fit the size of your nose
- The rubber pads protect your nose from bruises pinches when putting on
- Very light
- Not suitable for scuba diving.
6. Arena Nose Clip Pro Swimming Nose PlugView at Amazon
The plastic frame makes it one of the best nose pinchers for swimming. They have a strap, which secures the nose clips underwater. The strap comes in different colors, which gives you the freedom to choose your favorite color. These clips ensure you are comfortable under water.
- Available in various colors
- The plastic frames allow for adjustments.
- The strap ensures the nose clip is not lost.
- The package contains only one nose clip.
- Costly compared to other nose clips
7. Sinus Saver Water Sports Nose PlugsView at Amazon
Sinus Saver Water Sports is one of the best nose plugs for swimming since it’s made of high-quality medical silicone. This plug is designed to meet the needs of professional swimmers, whether in training or swimming competition.
The silicone structure ensures the nose plug maintains shape in and out of water. The plug always keeps a low profile and is unnoticeable due to its clear color. With this nose plug, you are entirely free from sinus infections and other ailments.
- The cups are odorless
- Very soft and comfortable
- Ideal for repelling sinus infections
- Available in various sizes
- Available in only one color
- Getting the right size can be a matter of trial and error
8. FINIS Nose ClipView at Amazon
FINIS Nose Clip is one of my most preferred nose pinchers for swimming. If you are swimming and lose the nose clip under water, the bright color will help you find it easily in water. The use of nylon in the nose clip gives you more resilience and comfort under water. It is light and can be carried anywhere, thanks to the storage case, which helps secure it wherever you go.
- Very bright colors hence easy searching and identification.
- Not adjustable to fit various nose sizes
9. BLUPOND Swimming Nose Clips and Earplugs Mega Set of 3 Family Pack Pro EditionView at Amazon
Blupond is the family swimming nose clip and earplugs collection since it even contains kids swimming nose clip. The clips are made from allergy-free silicone materials is making it suitable for anyone to use. They are made in the no-slip design to ensure they are not lost from the nose
- The package also includes an earplug
- Suitable in multiple water environments such as cold and warm water
- They are adjustable to fit various nose sizes
- The nose plug is capable of floating in the water and can be quickly recovered when lost.
- The size may not fit everyone in the family.
- The plugs are not connected; hence they can get lost easily.
10. Bluemachine-Swimming Nose ClipView at Amazon
It is one of the best nose clips for swimming designed to meet the swimming needs of adults and kids. The nose plugs are highly recommended for jumping and swimming activities. Swimmers should be cautious enough since the strap is breakable. It is designed to keep away any allergy or chlorine from your nostril.
- Very affordable
- Ideal for diving and jumping
- No slippage
- Perfectly shaped for a kid’s nose
- Sometimes the strap is too short.
Factors to Consider When Buying Best Nose Clips for Swimming
Straps are very useful to the security of your nose clip while you are swimming; Nose clips are designed to stay on the nose regardless of the condition. On some occasions, the clips may fall off, and the strap will secure it.
This will enable you to return it easily to the nose and save you the stress of searching for the clip.
While buying the strap, ensure it is long enough to be attached to the life jacket or helmet. Secondly, it should not obstruct you while you put on the nose clip. Finally, it should be flexible to adjust to numerous positions.
Swimming experience is sometimes dependent on the design of the nose clip you are using. Nose plugs can sometimes be very comfortable than nose clip since it is inserted into the nostril, unlike nose clip which is clipped to the nose. However, after putting on nose clips for sometimes, you will get used to them.
When buying a nose clip for swimming, consider the size of the nose clip and the size of your nose. Nose clips are manufactured in various sizes, and some are adjustable to meet your nose size.
However, over adjusting the clips cannot adequately meet the size of your nose, and you will end up in suffocation. That’s why it is not advisable to buy children’s nose clips, hoping it will fit the size of the adult nose.
Nose clips are to be worn in a particular manner to enable the pressure from the clip to keep water out of your nose.
If this design is not considered due to nose size, the nose clip will not be effective, and you will instead suffocate or choke due to water entering your nostril.
Nose clips should be reused, and they should have the ability to last longer. Focus on the material used to manufacture the clip before you decide on purchasing the clip. Buying nose clips made of metals will enable you to use it for longer durations since they can be adjusted to fit your nose size, and the materials used are not affected by the chemicals in the water such as chlorine.
Another suitable material is silicone. Silicone is not only durable, but it is also comfortable to the nose. Silicone can last longer; however, their quality will deteriorate with time, eventually becoming useless. Take measures to replace them once they start wearing out else they may tear while you are swimming, subjecting you to accidents.
Nose Clips for Swimming FAQ
What is the difference between the nose plug and nose clip?
Nose plugs and clips play a similar function: protecting water from getting into your nose while swimming and keeping you from allergies and infections. The differences come in how they work and how you put them on.
Nose clips are put on the upper part of the nose; they clip the nose preventing water from entering into the nostril. Nose pads are put into the nostril such that the pads are in contact with the nostril and leaving out a tiny connection band.
What are some of the disadvantages of nose clips?
As much as they are useful, there are certain things you need to understand about nose clips. The first is that the nose clips can be a little uncomfortable when they press your nose. This is only for the first few days before you get used to them.
If you experience any discomfort while wearing your nose clips, I advise that you look for a nose pad and get rid of the situation instantly.
Which one is the best option among nose clips and nose pads?
Well, I would say that both of them are good. And that also depends on the person using them. Some people would prefer to have nose clips over nose pads and vice versa, the same way one would prefer to have water googles instead of nose pads and nose clips.
Who is the nose clip designed for?
Nose clips are made for everyone. The primary role of nose clips and pads is to protect you while you are swimming underwater. As long as you have an interest in swimming, I would encourage you to get one for yourself. They can make your swimming more comfortable and pleasant.
So which is the best nose clip or nose pad? I leave the decisions to you. I believe this article has enlightened you on why you need the nose clips, what to consider before buying a nose clip, and their pros and cons. Having nose pads or nose clips will help you enjoy your swimming experience.
Anyone interested in swimming or taking swimming lessons, it is necessary to have these clips and pads. Choosing either nose clips or nose pads is your choice, but as long as you have either of them, you will enjoy numerous benefits. Buying nose clips will make your swimming safer and more efficient and boost your swimming confidence.