Table of Contents Show
- 10 Top-Rated Pasta Machines:
- 1. Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine – Best Pasta Machine
- 2. KitchenAid KSMPRA 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter Attachment Set – Best Home Pasta Machine
- 3. OxGord Stainless Steel Pasta Maker – Best Pasta Maker for Beginners
- 4. CucinaPro Pasta Maker Deluxe – Best Pasta-Making Machine
- 5. Chefly Homemade Pasta Make – Best Spaghetti Maker
- 6. Philips Pasta Maker Plus – Quality Pasta Maker
- 7. CucinaPro Imperia Pasta Presto – Best Electric Pasta Maker
- 8. Fante’s Cavatelli Maker Machine – Best Italian Pasta Maker
- 9. Weston Traditional Pasta Maker – Best Pasta-Rolling Machine
- 10. Ovente Stainless Steel Pasta-Making Attachment – Best Pasta-Making Tools
- How to Choose the Best Pasta Maker
- Pasta Maker FAQs
If you enjoy authentic Italian food, you’ve probably considered purchasing a pasta maker. These kitchen appliances will definitely help you step up your pasta night game. You’d be hard-pressed to find a type of food that is more celebrated than fresh-pressed noodles. My Italian grandmother would roll over in her grave if she heard you say there was a boxed variety of pasta that could hold a handle to the homemade sort.
If you want to find a pasta maker for your home, stay tuned for the best pasta makers. We’ve had the pleasure of using these machines to make everything from lasagne to fettuccine.
10 Top-Rated Pasta Machines:
1. Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine – Best Pasta Machine
The Marcato is the original and probably most recognized hand-crank pasta maker on the market. As a matter of fact, it comes to us directly from the birthplace of pasta. The Italian-made chrome-plated steel machine cranks out a remarkable assortment of dough creations, including lasagne, fettuccine, and taglionis.
The machine can be clamped onto a countertop for more productive cooking sessions. You can roll 15-centimeter sheets of pasta with ease. A side knob allows users to dial into their favorite pasta thickness. Their machine boasts a total of 10 different pasta thickness settings. Settings range from paper-thin to thick and savory. Make your family’s pasta to order if you dare.
Marcato currently makes 12 dough-pressing accessories. These tools work in conjunction with the Marcato Pasta Maker to achieve a wide variety of pasta cuts and shapes. You can also attach a Marcato Pasta Drive motor to make the machine hands-free.
This machine has an easy-to-clean nickel-plated chrome finish. You must never use soap and water on the cutting mechanisms. Instead, allow any leftover pieces of dough to dry. Then, use a non-abrasive brush to carefully brush them off the machinery.
- The original Italian-made pasta maker
- Made from long-lasting, durable chrome-plated steel
- 10 thickness settings are clearly labeled on the side dial
- Creates lasagne, fettuccine, and tagaliolini
- Beautiful chrome exterior
- Slip-resistant rubber feet
- No customer service
Read Related Article: Paper Towel Holders
2. KitchenAid KSMPRA 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter Attachment Set – Best Home Pasta Machine
If you already have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, then Kitchen Aid’s Pasta Making Kit is an obvious addition to your kitchen. The kit comes with a trio of pasta rollers, each of which can be connected to a KitchenAid mixer. The rollers automatically convert your mixer into a premium pasta-making machine. It is your choice if you want to make lasagne, spaghetti, or fettuccine.
The has included a cleaning brush with the kit. Use the brush to remove leftover pasta dough from the machine’s cutting mechanisms. The pasta cuts we cranked out of this machine were super hearty. The 6-inch pasta rolls could be adjusted to eight different thicknesses. They could also be sliced into ravioli-sized squares. It’s absolutely delicious!
If you are looking for authentic Italian-made pasta cutters, then these presses are an excellent option. If you’re torn between a hand-crank and automatic pasta maker and already have a Kitchen Aid mixer, let this be your pick. With the machine doing most of the work, you have two hands to guide the pasta through the press. As a result, you’re less likely to distort your final pasta products.
- Converts a standard Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer into an automatic pasta maker
- Comes with a sheet, spaghetti, and fettuccine rollers
- Makes 6-inch sheets with eight thickness settings
- Cutters stay sharp after repeated use
- Easy to install and clean
- Sometimes pasta curls get trapped into the rollers
Read Related Article: Panini Presses
3. OxGord Stainless Steel Pasta Maker – Best Pasta Maker for Beginners
OxGord is your quintessential stainless steel, pasta maker. The durable hand-cranked machinery churns out fresh, authentic spaghetti, linguine, and lasagne. The device also boasts nine different thickness settings, should you want to hone in on a specific pasta texture.
The trio of included pasta rollers is dishwasher-safe. The machine is far easier to clean than the nickel-plated alternatives, which must be set to dry before being dry brushed.
The machine has a removable hand crank with a padded handle for more comfortable cooking sessions and optimized storage. It also boasts pre-drilled holes for clamping. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better kitchen appliance for the same price.
- Stainless steel lasts a lifetime
- Padded hand-crank handle
- Easy click adjustable dial with nine different thickness settings
- Three-blade attachments
- The handle is easily removed for optimized storage
- Predrilled holes for clamping
- Easily scratched
Read Related Article: Olive Oil Sprayers
4. CucinaPro Pasta Maker Deluxe – Best Pasta-Making Machine
This deluxe pasta-making machine comes with everything you need to make delicious authentic pasta from the comfort of your home. The set includes three fun pasta presses. You can make spaghetti, ravioli, and lasagne. It also comes with a counter clamp, a pasta cutter, and a removable hand crank. Additional attachments are sold separately.
The machine is made from premium stainless steel, a material that will almost assuredly last you a lifetime. While you can’t put this appliance in the dishwasher, it is super easy to wash. Blow your friends and family away with authentic Italian dishes. They don’t need to know how easy it is to use the CucinaPro.
The CucinaPros produces uniform ribbons that are perfect for soaking up sauces. Our only problems with the machine are that it’s quite pricey and replacement parts are hard to come to find.
- Five-piece stainless steel hand-crank machine
- Spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair, ravioli, and lasagnette attachments
- Three crank attachments
- Comes with a metal table clamp
- Includes pasta cutter
- Hard to find additional/replacement accessories
Read Related Article: Nakiri Knives
5. Chefly Homemade Pasta Make – Best Spaghetti Maker
The Chefly Pasta Maker simplifies the pasta-making process for home cooks. This hand-crank kitchen appliance has nine dough thickness settings, ranging from 0 to 2.5 millimeters. You can also change the width of your pasta from 2 to 7 millimeters.
You can easily detach the accessories for cleaning. When you are ready to cook, you hook them onto your machine’s corrosion-resistant stainless steel brackets. The rollers and blades are coated in nickel and chrome, both of which are beautiful, durable materials that are made to last a lifetime.
- Hand-crank nickel- and chrome- kitchen appliance
- No electricity needed
- Nine thickness settings
- Clamps onto a table for smoother operations
- The arm is removable for optimal storage
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Not dishwasher-safe
Read Related Article: Muffin Pans
6. Philips Pasta Maker Plus – Quality Pasta Maker
Have you been thinking that an electric pasta maker is more your speed? If so, check out the Philips Pasta Maker. This modern marvel does it all; it mixes, kneads, cuts, and forms a wide variety of Italian specialties. The machine can produce ½ pound of pasta in just 10 minutes. It’s the perfect way to spice up your midweek dinner menu.
You don’t have slaves away in the kitchen to produce delicious pasta dishes. The Philips pasta maker lets you add herbs, vegetable juices, and other unique ingredients to make one-of-a-kind restaurant-grade pasta dishes. Have you been fixated on the squid ink pasta trend? Do you want to produce blood-red beet-dyed linguine? The Philips Pasta Maker will help you pull off spectacular, trendy Italian dishes.
Many of the internal mechanisms are dishwasher-safe. You can easily set this machine up, churn out your favorite pasta dish, and dismantle it in time to watch your favorite television show. If you have a tendency to misplace appliance parts, you’ll love the machine’s integrated storage drawer.
- Makes noodles and so much more
- Includes four shaping discs
- Dishwasher-safe parts for easier cleanups
- Features a storage drawer for extra parts
- Add ingredients to make custom pasta
- Automatically mixes and presses pasta in less than 10 minutes
- Doesn’t always use all the dough
Read Related Article: Magnetic Knife Holders
7. CucinaPro Imperia Pasta Presto – Best Electric Pasta Maker
CucinaPro also makes a reliable electric pasta maker, the CucinaPro Imperia Pasta Presto. This non-stick machine comes with two interchangeable cutters. Plus, it has six thickness settings. The heavy-duty stainless steel appliance makes delicious, uniform tagliatelle and fettuccine.
The Italian-made pasta maker produces beautiful dough in a matter of minutes. The sheets are 5.75 inches wide and up to 1.9 millimeters thick.
- Non-stick electric pasta-making machine
- Six thickness settings
- Two cutter accessories for tagliatelle and fettuccine
- Made from heavy-duty 18-10 stainless steel
- Motor eliminates the need for manual cranking
- Limited pasta options
Read Related Article: Margarita Machines
8. Fante’s Cavatelli Maker Machine – Best Italian Pasta Maker
If you’re a fan of authentic Italian pasta, check out Fante’s Cavatelli Maker Machine. This lovely little kitchen appliance forms and cuts chunky little morsels with deep sauce-cupping ridges. You choose the thickness, up to 1.365-inches, of each piece of pasta.
If you’re a fan of authentic Italian pasta, check out Fant’es Cavatelli Maker Machine. This lovely little kitchen appliance forms and cuts chunky little morsels with deep sauce-cupping ridges. You choose the thickness (up to 1.365-inches) of each piece of pasta.
The process can be a little painstaking. You must roll and cut your pasta strips before feeding them through the machine. Perhaps a simple pasta roller, such as the Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine, would serve to make the process a little easier. When you crank the handle at a steady pace, you can produce dozens of uniform pasta pieces.
The machine boasts a durable non-stick coating. A bath of warm, soapy water is all you need to combat stuck-on residue. It has a built-in clamp that can be installed directly on the edge of most counters and tables. Plus, it has slip-resistant rubber feet. You never have to worry about this machine moving around while you work. Your pasta will be all the more informed because of these essential design features.
- Forms and cuts authentic Italian cavatelli
- Built-in clamp attaches to counter or tabletop
- Made from non-stick cast aluminum
- Pasta has deep sauce-holding ridges
- Easy to hand wash in warm, soapy water
- Only makes one specific type of pasta
Read Related Article: Lemon Squeezers
9. Weston Traditional Pasta Maker – Best Pasta-Rolling Machine
This gorgeous, heavy-duty stainless steel kitchen appliance has delectable Tuscan-red accents. You can use it to make sheets of pasta, spaghetti, or fettuccine. The adjustable roller has seven optional thickness settings. It also comes with a C-clamp and rubber feet that keep it from slipping around on your countertop.
The double-headed fettuccine/spaghetti die has seven thickness settings. The dies are super sharp. They produce clean, uniform cuts each and every time. Keep your machine running smoothly by avoiding soap and water. The stainless steel elements are built to last a lifetime, but they will rust if they are not maintained correctly.
- Available in chrome and red
- Seven thickness settings
- Cuts and shapes pasta sheets
- Includes c-clamp for attaching to countertop
- Traditional pasta maker
- Pasta cutter is not always efficient
Read Related Article: Lasagna Pans
10. Ovente Stainless Steel Pasta-Making Attachment – Best Pasta-Making Tools
Ovente Pasta Maker is one of our favorite PA515 Series 150-mm Pasta Maker add-ons. The two-wheel stainless steel attachment connects directly to this machine. It slides onto the metal holders on the backside of the pasta maker.
Use the hand crank to churn out 4-millimeter pieces of linguine or 45-millimeter sheets of lasagne. When you are finished, use a brush or wood rod to remove any leftover pieces of dough. The Ovente attachment is covered by a 1-year warranty.
- Made from high-quality stainless steel
- Easy to install
- Makes linguine and/or lasagne
- Easy to clean without water
- Covered by a 1-year warranty
- Compatible with Ovente PA515 Series 150mm Pasta Makers ONLY
Read Related Article: Kitchen Tongs
How to Choose the Best Pasta Maker
Are you struggling to choose a pasta maker? Don’t let the flurry of options deter you from making delicious homemade Italian specialties. Let’s go over the key considerations you need to make before choosing a pasta-making device.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Pasta Maker
First off, you’re going to have to choose between automatic and manual varieties. Let’s go over the key differences:
Automatic vs. Manual
Manual pasta makers are hand-cranked. The process can be a bit grueling, but it is worth it. If you enjoy hands-on cooking experiences and don’t mind getting a little messy, then this may be the type of pasta maker for you.
Manual pasta makers have a rich history. They are capable of making a variety of authentic pasta styles. They are made from durable materials and can potentially last a lifetime. The most common issues with manual pasta makers are rust and aesthetic wear. These machines tend to be less expensive and easier to troubleshoot than automatic alternatives.
Most pasta machines boast removal dies and rollers. While we understand how some people can obsess over specific Italian pasta shapes, most cooks want the option to make a few different kinds of pasta.
Look for a machine with a thickness dial, a wide pasta roller, and at least a couple of unique noodle dies. This way, you’ll be able to make everyone’s favorites: fettuccine, spaghetti, lasagne, ravioli, etc.
Keep in mind that some aftermarket accessories are easier to access than others. If you want the option to buy additional pasta dies, then make sure they are readily available. Are you a fan of fusilli, rigatoni, and other specialty noodles? Some extruders are rarer than others.
Cleanup and Storage
One final consideration you need to make is the ease of cleanup and storage. Most manual pasta makers cannot be soaked or cleaned in a dishwasher. In most cases, you must wait for any remaining bits of dough to dry before you can remove them.
The same goes for automatic pasta makers. However, occasionally the accessories that come with these machines can be placed in the dishwater. In both cases, it is essential that you follow proper care precautions. Otherwise, you make be stuck with rusty or jammed dies or rollers.
Pasta Maker FAQs
We hope you enjoyed our guide to the top pasta makers of 2020. After careful consideration, we’re happy to announce that the Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine has earned its place as our editor’s top choice. The Marcata is a powerful hand-crank machine that churns out beautiful ribbons of pasta. Do you have a favorite pasta maker? Let us know in the comment section below!