Table of Contents Show
- 10 Best Shower Drain Hair Catchers:
- 1. Gotega Hair Catcher
- 2. Danco Tub Mesh Strainer
- 3. SlipX Stop-A-Clog Drain
- 4. LEKEYE Drain Hair Catcher
- 5. TubShroom The Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector
- 6. OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector
- 7. OXO Good Grips Bathtub Drain Protector
- 8. Danco Tub Hair Catcher
- 9. LEKEYE Shower Hair Catcher Drain
- 10. Umbra Starfish Hair Catcher
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Shower Drain Hair Catcher
One of the main reasons your shower drain clogs is hair. As you wash your hair, there are always a few loose pieces that will fall off and get in the drain. As they accumulate, they can clog up your shower drain.
Buying a shower drain hair catcher will help alleviate this issue. Not only do they catch hair, but they also stop soap scum and other objects from clogging up the drain as well. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best shower drain hair catcher for your shower or tub.
10 Best Shower Drain Hair Catchers:
1. Gotega Hair CatcherView at Amazon
This silicone hair stopper is easy to install and clean. The Gotega Hair Catcher is made of high-quality and durable silicone that is resistant to deformation. Perfect for open, flat, and domed drains, it is available in five colors brown, pink, green, blue, and grey.
With an innovative design, this round hair catcher easily catches debris without interrupting drainage speed. The Gotega Hair Catcher increases the drain flow area and is more effective than a typical drain protector. Made with a flexible Thermo-Plastic-Rubber, this hair catcher is abrasive resistant and has an anti-slip feature.
Easy to install land remove, you can use the Gotega Hair Catcher in the kitchen, bathtub, laundry, or bathroom. This resilient and durable rub drain hair catcher will last you many years.
- This hair catcher won’t deform
- It comes in several colors to match your bathroom décor
- It is durable and long-lasting
- It doesn’t have any suction
- The drain holes are too narrow and don’t align with the drain holes
2. Danco Tub Mesh StrainerView at Amazon
Made of stainless steel, the Danco Tub Mesh Strainer is both affordable and practical. Providing elegance to your shower, this stylish and design-oriented home solution has an innovative design that is easy to use. Allowing you to tackle home improvement issues on your own, this tub mesh strainer is a great alternative to calling the plumber.
Allowing water to drain freely, the Danco Mesh Tub Strainer can catch larger particles as well as hair. Made of durable stainless steel, this strainer is made to endure everyday use. This is a stain and rust-resistant product that is dishwasher-safe and easy clean.
With its universal design, it will fit most bathtubs that have a 2 3/4-inch drain opening. The Danco Mesh Tub Strainer has a drop-in design that makes installation and removal easy without requiring tools or adjustments.
- You can clean it in the dishwasher
- It has an easy to install design
- It is made of durable stainless steel
- It is smaller than some users expected
- It gets clogged very easily
3. SlipX Stop-A-Clog DrainView at Amazon
Protect your shower drain from hair and debris with the SlipX Stop-A-Clog Drain. With a push and pull design, this shower hair trap keeps drains clear without using harsh chemicals. Perfect for flat drains, the SlipX uses a slightly domed design that prevents clogs and is very effective for a shower or tub drain.
Preventing repairs and costly calls to the plumber, the SlipX Stop-A-Clog Drain is super easy to clean. Just throw away any trapped items into the garbage and then rinse it clean. You get two hair catchers in a package and both are designed to fit over any standard tub or shower drain.
- This is a great choice for those with flat drains
- It is effective at preventing clogs
- It is super easy to clean and use
- It doesn’t keep hair out completely
- It doesn’t have a lot of suction
4. LEKEYE Drain Hair CatcherView at Amazon
This upgraded drain hair catcher is detachable. The LEKEYE Drain Hair Catcher comes with tiny holes and is designed to easily catch hair and not block water drains. This hair catcher effortlessly stops objects and toys from going down the drain.
Using an innovative design, this hair catcher is easy to mount and clean. Just wipe it out and flush it with water. The LEKEYE Drain Hair Catcher is made with high-quality stainless steel that is durable and strong. This is a rust-proof product that will last you many years.
- It is rust-proof and long-lasting
- This is an effective way to keep away clogs in your drains
- It is made of strong, durable stainless-steel
- It’s too wide and tall to fit in some drains
- It gets kicked around the shower a lot
5. TubShroom The Revolutionary Tub Drain ProtectorView at Amazon
When choosing the best hair catcher for a shower, check out the TubShroom The Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector. Not only does it fit securely inside the drain and neatly collect hair around it, but it is also easy to clean with just a quick wipe off and you are done. You don’t need harsh chemicals, and you won’t have to worry about tangled messes.
Fitting any standard drain, the TubShroom is guaranteed to catch all the hair, every time without disrupting water flow. The TubShroom allows you to effectively clean the drain without needing a drain snake or using cleaners that can affect the environment. With its patented and award-winning design, the TubShroom provides complete drain protection and offers a money-back guarantee.
- It fits any standard drain
- This is an effective tool for catching hair
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- It needs to be changed more frequently than weekly
- It is difficult to clean
6. OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain ProtectorView at Amazon
Another contender on the best drain hair catcher list is the OXO Good Grips Drain Protector, which works well for regular and pop-up drains. This one size fits all drain protector comes in a grey color and will keep your drain free of debris. Catching hair without blocking water drainage, this drain protector will also prevent kids’ toys from escaping down your drain.
With a high dome shape, the OXO Good Grips Drain Protector can accommodate both flat and pop-up drains using a stainless-steel weighted accent that keeps it in place over your shower drain. It also features edges that sit flush with the tub so hair cannot get through. Using stainless-steel and silicone construction, this drain protector will not move while you shower.
- It won’t move while you take a shower
- It catches hair as well as other debris
- Water won’t collect at your feet when you use it
- It’s not an attractive color
7. OXO Good Grips Bathtub Drain ProtectorView at Amazon
Easily keep any bathtub clear and clean with the OXO Good Grips Drain Protector. Featuring a rust-proof design, this stainless-steel shower drain protector precisely covers a bathtub drain without getting in the way. Equipped with a hole pattern that is effective at catching hair and doesn’t block the water drainage, this drain protector will stay in place and not slide around.
Scaled to fit bathtub drains precisely, the OXO Good Grips Drain Protector features a silicone rim, which allows it to stay in place. It works well in capturing hair as well as any piece of trash that can get in your tub. This shower drain hair catcher is a great choice for the shower as well as utility sink drains.
- It fits in your shower drain well
- This hair catcher is easy to clean
- It is rust-proof and long-lasting
- The drain holes are too small for water to drain fast enough
- It’s easy to move the shower drain off the drain
8. Danco Tub Hair CatcherView at Amazon
Preventing clogged drains, the Danco Tub Hair Catcher stops slow water drainage. This handy hair catcher sits conveniently on top of the shower drain and acts like a strainer helping to clear the drain of debris and hair. It eliminates soap scum build-up and hair clogs and isn’t difficult to clean.
Featuring a flower shape, this hair catcher uses tiny pegs that trap and catch debris and unwanted hair with its silicone petals before it can go down the drain. And, unlike other hair catchers, the Danco Tub Hair Catcher is easy to take out and clean thanks to its convenient basket handle. All you have to do is rinse it under the water after removing the hair.
With its universal fit and style, this drain hair catcher will fit all tub drains up to a diameter of 4 1/2 inches. Offering classic style and convenience, this is an easy-to-use hair catcher that will blend in nicely with your existing bathroom fixtures. It is also super easy to install land that doesn’t require any tools.
- This is an easy to use and clean hair catcher
- It has a universal fit, so it’s easy to install
- It has an attractive flower shape
- It’s a little hard to clean
- It can stop the water flow
9. LEKEYE Shower Hair Catcher DrainView at Amazon
Available in a two-pack, the LEKEYE Shower Hair Catcher Drain Protector helps to guard your shower drain from debris and hair. Ideal for safeguarding your tub drain, the LEKEYE uses a small hole pattern that is designed to effectively catch debris and hair without stopping water flow. With its snug silicone rim, this drain catcher will not shift when you take a shower.
With the LEKEYE Shower Hair Catcher, you won’t have to deal with plumbers or harmful cleaners when it comes to clogs. Featuring long-lasting stainless-steel construction, this drain catcher won’t get rusty and will stand up to countless baths and showers. With a stay-put design, you won’t have to worry about the drain protector getting pushed out of place.
Equipped with elliptical holes, this bathtub drain hair catcher will effectively catch hair while not blocking the drain. Its intermediate semi-circle design allows for smooth drainage, and, thanks to its silicone rust-proof stainless-steel construction, is super easy to clean.
- It catches hair really well
- This is a really inexpensive solution to catching hair in your tub
- It could work well in the kitchen sink as well
10. Umbra Starfish Hair CatcherView at Amazon
Inspired by the sea creature, the Umbra Starfish Hair Catcher has a functional and playful design for your shower or tub. With this starfish-shaped hair catcher, each arm of the starfish is used to hold the cover in place over the drain. Made with water-resistant and flexible silicone, this hair trap for the shower drain is an easy to maintain and clean product that is also fun to install.
Capable of fitting most shower and tub drains, the Umbra Starfish Hair Catcher features five suction cups to create a tight and water-resistant seal. Rust-resistant and easy to install, the Umbra Starfish Hair Catcher measures six inches in diameter and will match any bathroom décor.
- It has a nice tight seal
- This is a fun and functional design that is easy to use
- It is easy to install and rust-proof
- It’s not easy to clean
- You can’t get all five of the suctions to stick at the same time
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Shower Drain Hair Catcher
Cleaning and Ease of Use
For it to stay effective, you will need to clean the shower drain catcher. You want something that is easy to take out and remove the hair from. Make sure that your shower hair catcher doesn’t take a lot of effects to take out of the drain and look for one that you can throw in the washing machine to clean it up quickly.
When considering the size of the shower hair catcher, keep in mind that shower drain hair catchers with small holes work really well at catching a lot of hair, but they often get clogged quickly.
This just means you will have to clean them frequently.
With a large-holed shower hair catcher, it won’t get clogged as quickly, but they tend to let hair escape down into the drain. It’s important to look for a shower hair catcher that comes with the perfect hold size that isn’t too large or too small.
Unless you plan to throw it away when it gets dirty, you shouldn’t settle for a shower hair catcher that is made of plastic. While it might be cheap, it’s worth investing in something that isn’t as flimsy and can catch mold and mildew.
Also, don’t choose a material that can rust, that just means it won’t last very long. Consider getting a shower hair catcher that is made of a durable and rust-resistant material such as aluminum and stainless steel.
Typically, a shower hair catcher will fit a standard-sized drain perfectly allowing you to easily find one to fit your standard-sized shower drain.
But, if you have a non-standard-sized shower drain, make sure you pay attention to the dimension of the drain hair catcher that you are considering to make sure it fits.
Look for an efficient design that uses suction cups to keep the shower hair catcher in place. An efficient design will also have innovative hole patterns that stop hair from getting to the drain but allow water to flow through it smoothly.
When choosing the best shower drain hair catcher, consider a hair catcher that is cost-effective as well as functional. You should only have to buy this hair catcher once, so it is worth spending a little more to get a quality, rust-resistant shower hair catcher that will last you years.