Have you ever met someone who is really into writing? Are you that someone who really likes to write? If so then you probably have a lot of paper notebooks and stuff just floating around your room or even your entire house, right?
If so you probably find yourself getting annoyed when you can’t find a specific book. Well, what if you had something that would make it to where all your paper notebooks were in one place?
Or more like on one devise? If that is what you are looking for then you have come to the right place! Here is a list of the best writing tablets.
Top 10 Best Tablets for Writers on the Market:
1. New Apple iPad 10.2 Inch Wi-Fi 32GB
This tablet is ideal for college students because it is considered one of the best for writing notes. It has a 10.2 inch retina display which makes it really easy to see what you are writing.
It has touch ID fingerprint sensors so you do not have to keep up with a code or pattern. It has an 8MP back camera along with a 1.2MP FaceTime HD front camera. It also has roughly 10 hours of batter life on one charge. How great is that?
- It has 802. 11ac Wi-Fi
- You are able to get a lightning connector for charging along with other accessories.
- It has a smart keyboard and apple pencil to make note taking easier.
- Gets hot after only being used for a little while.
- Batter life varies.
- Can take a while to charge.
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 32 GB Wi-Fi Tablet
If you are a writer, this is a highly recommended tablet for you. It has maximum view along with minimal bezel which makes streaming and browsing very nice. It is completely HD.
It has a lightweight premium metal design that makes it able to go anywhere with you. It has really great sound for entertainment. Pair that with the amazing immersive picture and you will be the one that everyone wants to invite to movie night. The battery is pretty good. You are able to basically do whatever you want for 10 hours and it should not die on you.
- There is plenty of memory for all of your songs, pictures, movies, etc.
- Accepts SD cards for extra storage if needed.
- It is has very strong Wi-Fi connections.
- Only has 3GB
- While it has good Wi-Fi connecting abilities, its range is not very good.
- It is not very durable.
3. Windows 10 Tablet Jumper EZpad 6s Pro Go
This is another really good note taking tablet. It is a 2 in 1 tablet and laptop. This makes it a very cost effective notebook with touchscreen displays that bring your videos and pictures to life. It is very slim and considerably stylish.
It has a docking case that changes it from a tablet to a laptop. This is absolutely perfect if you need to use a laptop and or tablet daily! It also makes it really easy to pack up and take anywhere with you.
Even with it being a 2 in 1, it still has a front and a facetime camera. Its remarkable touchscreen display allows you to capture amazing memories that never lose their touch.
- This device is able to be connected to an HDMI for a 2 screen set up.
- It has a 12 month warranty.
- The company is known for have really durable products.
- Depending on where you order from the product can receive some damage.
- Once it is turned on it will start speaking which ever language is programed into it.
- Computer part is prone to malfunctions.
4. Android Tablet 10 Inch
This is considered on of the best digital writing tablets on the market today. This is probably because it has 1GB RAM that keeps it running as fast and as smooth as possible.
With its high speed 5G Wi-Fi you are able to download tons of apps at lightening speeds. It also has amazing 10.1″ IPS display and dual speakers. The batter life really is not that bad either, considering it last for up to 10 hours or more on 1 charge.
- It has both a front facing and a FaceTime camera.
- It has 16GB of memory and the memory is expandable.
- It has a bigger screen than most other tablets.
- It is not compatible with Windows 10.
- If it is used all the time, the battery can start to have problems holding a charge.
- Depending what you download on it, it can start to run slow.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Tablet
This is a really good laptop and some might say it is the best in its class. It is a 2 in 1 so you are able to convert it from a lap top to a tablet and then back again as needed. It has an 8th generation intel core processor to help with its battery life.
It is extremely slim and light weight so it is easy to take with you where ever you go. Its surface pro type cover has brand new designs and keys that are a little more spread out compared to other 2 in 1 laptops. This helps to give that familiar feeling when you are typing.
- The case is very durable.
- The way the laptop is designed is incredible.
- You can work on it for a full 8 hours and still have battery life when you get home.
- Since the keys are spaced out a little more, typing can be a little awkward.
- It does not come with the case. You have to purchase that separate.
- To operate some things on the computer you need a separate mouse and keyboard.
6. Lenovo Tab 4
This 8 inch android tablet is really good for both work life and school life. It has really amazing Dolby Atmos along with a built- in dual stereo system and you have yourself the makings for a real theater like experience on the go.
It is also a really good idea for a kids tablet. If you decide to use it as a kids tablet you have the opportunity to get a shock- resistant bumper, a blue- light screen filter, and some really fun stickers. Who wouldn’t want that? It weights less than 2 pounds so it is really light weight and it is the first tablet to be able to hide other tablets.
- It is a very high performance tablet.
- Has dual front facing speakers.
- Family sharing is super easy with this tablet.
- It does not work with SD cards.
- With the way the system is set up you are only left with 6GB of memory.
- The SD card system is corrupts.
7. Pro12 Tablet with Wi-Fi
This touchscreen 2 in 1 tablet is amazing if you are needing a tablet but are on a budget. It has a 1.3 GHz Quad Core and 64GB flash storage. It is SD card compatible.
Its touch screen gives an amazing display of pictures and movies. It not only has a 2M pixel front facing webcam, but it also has a 8M pixel rear webcam. You are able to use Bluetooth or regular headphones with this device as well. It also has roughly 8 hours of battery life on one charge.
- It is able to have its memory expanded with SD cards.
- It is pretty light weight.
- Has a full width keyboard.
- Even though it is able to work with SD cards, you have to buy them separately.
- If something gets broke during the shipping process, it can take a while to get it fixed.
- After a while of being used, the sound can go out.
8. High Performance RCA Galileo Tablet
While yes this tablet is on the cheaper end of things, it is still on of the best. It is a 2 in 1 with a detachable keyboard. It has a brand new operating system that is very mesmerizing, just like its new design.
It has a very impressive 1.3GHz quad core that is powerful enough to make doing things like applications or other tasks a breeze. It has up to 32GB of memory storage. When you are working with the RCA in the laptop position, you are still able to transition effortlessly to the tablet position while you are still working. It also comes with its own Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and webcams.
- It has enough memory for dozens of games and pictures.
- It makes a great gift for all ages.
- It is decently durable.
- While it does have a good amount of memory, it does not download every single app out there.
- It can be a little slow when starting up.
- After some time the batter life can decrease.
9. CHUWI Hi10 Air Tablet
This is a really good tablet for things like reading and writing. It is a 2 in 1 that has a 10.1 inch display. It is also really cost effective, since it is a 2 in 1.
It has an Intel Core Processor. This means it has really good graphics and it ensures high performance. It has a huge 64GB hard disk storage to bring its users the smoothest experience as possible.
It is compatible with Microsoft Windows 10. When you pair these two up you will find that you have an even more powerful performance that is even smoother than before. It also has an all metal body so it is pretty durable.
- Supports H2 stylus and keyboard.
- Has a really thin body so it can be taken anywhere.
- Has an extended storage up to 128GB.
- Keyboard is known for malfunctions.
- The keyboard is not included, you have to buy it separate.
- The keyboard looks better than it works.
10. RCA 7 Voyager Tablet
This is a really good Icd writing tablet that also has incredible memory. It is a 7″ tablet that includes a keyboard and case that are limited edition. It has a 1.3Hz Quad- Core processor, and 1Gb of memory that is programed into the system.
The entire thing is touchscreen. It also has built in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. It even has a front webcam, a headphone and microphone jack, and a microUSB 2.0 port. It is safe to say that this tablet has everything.
- It is amazing for kids and older people that like to use the keyboard.
- Works great with children friendly apps.
- It is amazing quality.
- If it has to be shipped around to much then things like the speakers will not work.
- While it looks really nice, it does not function as well as it looks.
- The battery is prone to have problems.
11. Tablet 10 Inch Android Oreo Go Edition
One of the reasons that this tablet has been said to be one of the best for writers is because it offers a 35% faster performance than its competitions. Its users are able to enjoy things like videos and movies with its fast 1.3 GHz quad core processor.
It has over a million pixels and a really bright, vivid picture ability. This makes it so the user can enjoy their game or video with crisp clear HD resolution and not have to deal with a really bad glare.
It come with the standard 16GB storage, but you are able to expand it up to 128GB with SD cards. You are able to capture the best moments in life with its 5MP and 2MP cameras.
- Takes amazing front and back pictures
- Has about 7 hours of battery life on one charge.
- It is small enough to go with you where ever you go.
- The apps that you download tend to appear and then disappear on the home screen.
- The date and time are not set on the United States time zones.
- Even though it has speakers, the sound quality is not that good.
12. 2018 RCA Cambio Tablet 2 in 1
This touchscreen tablet is amazing for taking notes digitally. It has an intel atom Z8350 quad core processor and up to 1.92 GHz. It has a 2GB memory system and it is compatible with SD cards to add another 32GB of memory.
Its 10 inch touchscreen gives the user the ability to view things from wider angles with its 1280 X 800 IPS display. It is equip with its own wi-fi, Bluetooth, and detachable keyboard (included).
It is a windows tablet so yes it is compatible with windows products. It is programed to be ready to tackle any task the user may have.
- It comes with Windows 10 already pre- loaded.
- It has a very easy and clean user interface.
- You are able to make really incredible slideshows and documents.
- Sometimes when this tablet is purchased, it is not brand new.
- It is not really good at working like a computer, but it can run programs at an acceptable rate.
- If you have problems with your main source of wi-fi, it can mess things up with the tablet being able to connect to the wi-fi.
Tips on Choosing Tablet for Writers
Lets be honest. All of these tablets sound really amazing, but we need to look into things a little deeper. If you are going to go with something like the New Apple iPad, there are some things you need to know:
For starters, it is yet another apple product. While yes their stuff is very user friendly and decently durable, chances are you will find yourself having to replace it after just a couple years. That could easily put it on the more expensive side of things.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10. 1 32 GB Wi-Fi Tablet, on the other hand could easily be the better option. This is simply because of how the products are made.
Yes the Samsung galaxy tab a 10 has some problems with the language already being pre- set (just like several of the other options) it is not that hard to get it into the language that you know.
You may figure out that you need something a little more kid friendly which is where the Windows 10 Tablet Jumper EZpad 6s Pro Go would be great.
Factors to Consider When Buying Tablet for Writing
Before you buy any of these products there are some things that you need to consider.
For one you need to look at what you can afford. In all honesty, most of these tablets are a little on the pricy side for my liking.
If you think that you need something that is more on the expensive side, before you jump in and buy it make sure you have the money saved up for it.
Or if nothing else at least make sure that all your other bills are going to be able to be paid if you buy it.
Another thing to look at is more specifically what you exactly need in a tablet. If you are mainly interested in getting one of the tablets that are made specifically for note taking then there is no need to go for one that is made to do something else.
If you decide to get one of these tablets for a friend or a family member then you might want to really talk to them and see what kind of tablet they would use.
If something happens and you are not able to really figure out what tablet or 2 in 1 the person would like, then make sure you keep the receipt so they can exchange it for something they would use.
If you don’t then chances are they are not going to use the gift and you are going to feel really bad because you were not able to figure out what they would really like.
If I had to choose one of the tablets listed above I would probably go with something like the High Performance RCA Galileo or the Android Tablet 10 Inch. I picked the High Performance RCA Galileo mainly because it is a 2 in 1.
That would make it a lot easier to do the things that I like to do when I have down time like watching videos or getting on social media, as well as make working a lot easier because I would be able to take the device anywhere with me and not be tied to a desk area.
It is also a very smart choice financially if you ask me. Since it is a 2 in 1 device you are basically getting 2 things for the price of 1. The reason I said the Android Tablet 10 Inch is my other choice is mainly because I like something that is dependable.
I have not had any problems with the Android brand so it makes since for me to go with their tablet. Mind you, just because I said that these are my top choices does not mean that they have to be yours too.
If you have nothing but bad experiences with the Android brand, for example, then go with something else. Do not let someone else personal tablet choice be the only reason you go with the same one!