With infrared cooking plates becoming increasingly popular among grill enthusiasts everywhere, the industry is quickly filling up with new grill options to choose from. In this article, we are going to take a look at one of the biggest names in the industry – Char-Broil – and give our review of the best char broil infrared grill.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Grill – Review
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420View at Amazon
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Grill uses infrared technology to eliminate common grilling issues, such as uneven cooking, slower heat-up times, and lower temperatures.
The 3-burner grill has 420 square inches of cooking space, making it ideal for a mid-size BBQ or cooking for a family.
The primary burners feature 25,500 BTUs, while a smaller side burner, outside of the grill hood, features 13,000 BTUs. 8,000 BTU burners are located underneath the grill infrared emitter, which is a perforated stainless steel plate that radiates heat up to the grilling grates.
This grill is extremely easy to operate. It features an electrical ignition switch, so the gas grill can be started at the push of a button. Individual control knobs for the burners allow for complete control over how the grill is cooking. Porcelain-coated grill plates allow for an easy clean-up of the cooking surface.
Although the grill is sold for use with propane, buying an additional conversion kit will allow for the use of natural gas, so people who prefer this method of cooking can still enjoy the benefits of the grill as well.
Benefits Compared to Other Grills
- Thanks to the infrared cooking system in this Char-Broil grill, one of its greatest benefits is that it cooks food more evenly and at a higher temperature, capable of searing meat. The radiated heat, as opposed to direct flame heat, cuts down on the chance of grill flare-ups that may burn or overcook only certain parts of your food.
- Another benefit of this grill over others currently on the market is how simple it is to operate. The electric ignition switch allows for a one-button startup, and individual control knobs are featured above each of the burners for more complete control over your grilling temperatures.
- It’s easy to clean, as well, featuring porcelain coated grilling grates that reduce sticking and allow for the easy brushing away of food and fats after cooking. This type of material is also resistant to rust, so the grates should last you for years and years to come before needing to be replaced.
- Compared to other gas grills, this Char-Broil option has been made incredibly efficient. The cooking system, burners, and gas control all help to reduce gas consumption. You will need to replace the gas tank far less often than you would on most other grills of similar size.
Cons Compared to Other Grills
- Unfortunately, this grill has been constructed with fairly thin and flimsy materials. Although the stainless and painted steel components hold up well in rain and extreme temperatures, their lack of real strength makes them very susceptible to dents. This is especially true if you are moving your grill often from storage to an outdoor cooking area.
- Because of the infrared emitter plate and three individual burners, this grill does require more maintenance than most gas grills you will find. The plate can make it more difficult to clean the bottom of the grill, and you may find yourself needing to take things apart for cleaning and care more often than you’d like to.
Despite the thinner and flimsier steel components and maintenance requirements of this grill, its ability to reach high temperatures and cook food evenly without flare-ups makes it a high-end gas grill that we stand behind.
And of the problems with char-broil, infrared grills can be easily worked around if you don’t mind maintaining the product in return for great performance.View at Amazon
Insights and Takeaways
With so many grills constantly appearing on the market today, especially those using infrared technology, it can be overwhelming to choose the best option for your own home. Char-Broil makes a great product, and their Signature TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Grill is one of the best 3 burner propane grill options you’re going to find.
If you’re looking for a gas grill that can reach intensely high temperatures, sear food, and cook evenly without you having to worry about flare-ups, then this is the grill for you.
Do keep in mind that the infrared emitter plate may require more maintenance and cleaning than a standard gas grill, but the quality of the food you’ll cook will make it worth the additional effort.