You’ve seen those little robotic vacuum cleaners. How would you like a robot that cleans your in-ground pool? One of these futuristic cleaning buddies can make your pool cleaning chores almost effortless, and save you a bunch of money if you’re currently paying a pool cleaning service.
Let’s take a look at an amazing time-saver here, the Dolphin Quantum robotic pool cleaner. We studied what people who have one say about it, but that wasn’t enough for us. We took one for a test spin, and we’d love to tell you all about it. Let’s “dive” in and see how it works.
No Time To Read?
If you’re in a rush, check out this quick rundown. The Quantum is the best Dolphin robotic pool cleaner for the money. It’s ahead of its time. The 50-foot tangle-free cord allows it to clean even large pools in about two hours. And it cleans thoroughly, even tough spots at the waterline.
It scrubs the floor and the walls with double spinning brushes and sucks up all the debris with its powerful vacuum. All that dirt collects in the large and easy to clean micron filtration system. The two main drawbacks are weight and price. It weighs almost 30 pounds, which makes it a bit tough to remove from the pool. And it’ll set you back about $900.
Dolphin Quantum Automatic Robotic Pool CleanerView at Amazon
This automatic pool cleaner is top tier. It does all the work, and it does it so well. You simply plug it in and program it for the cleaning frequency you want. It learns the layout of your in-ground pool just like a robotic vacuum cleaner learns how to navigate your home.
The only thing you have to do to it is empty the filter when it gets full. And you’ll have to do that much less often than you would with almost any other pool cleaner of this type. It’s as easy as snapping the cover off, emptying the debris, and replacing the cover.
Benefits Over Other Robotic Pool Cleaners
- The Quantum gives you peace of mind, knowing that you don’t have to watch it to make sure it doesn’t end belly-up on your pool’s floor. It clings securely to the walls and bottom.
- You also won’t have to fight with a bunch of clasps and retainers to clean the filter. It’s easy to get to, being situated on top of the cleaner. The filter’s lid snaps off, and you dump it just like you do a dustpan. That saves you time and hassle.
- Perhaps the biggest benefit is cost savings. You’ll save possibly thousands per year if you are now paying to have your pool cleaned. But some robotic pool cleaners are expensive to run. The Quantum, however, is one of the most efficient pool cleaners. In most areas of the country, it takes about five cents worth of electricity to run. That’s just a dime per cleaning.
- It’s a dependable machine, but there’s a three-year extended warranty to protect your purchase just in case.
- Despite its energy efficiency and low maintenance, this pool cleaner is expensive. You’ll have to shell out about $900 for one. That makes it one of the costliest robotic pool cleaners on the market today. There are far cheaper alternatives out there if you don’t mind sacrificing the micron filter, dependability, and energy savings.
- This thing is also very heavy compared to others. It weighs just over 27 pounds. That makes removing it from the pool a bit difficult for some people. Other robotic pool cleaners weigh as little as half of this one.
- If you get a lighter one, you may have to keep an eye on it while it’s cleaning. The main thing that makes the Quantum so heavy is those powerful jet motors that keep it firmly stuck to walls and stairs.
What People Are Saying About The Dolphin Quantum
People talk about the futuristic feel they get watching the Quantum in action. This is one reason Maytronics robot cleaners are so popular, and this model is the most advanced of the lot.
There have been very few complaints about the jet system allowing the cleaner to fall off of a wall. Rather, people talk about how amazing it is that this heavy thing can climb walls the way it does.
Breakdowns appear to be quite rare. But those who’ve had to have a repair done on their Quantum say that the parts were easy for their repair person to find.
The most common remarks are related to the quality of the cleaning. People like that it scrubs away all of the algae and sucks up all of the debris.
Overall Quality And Value Compared To Others
Compared to other robotic pool cleaners, the Dolphin Quantum offers possibly the best cleaning. The combination of the spinning brushes, power washing jets, and strong suction make it clean so we. It also climbs walls much better than cheaper models, thanks to those rubber army tank treads and super jet thrust.
Most other pool cleaners are easy to program, and so is this one. You can choose to have your pool cleaned daily, every other day, or every third day. Aside from high dependability and awesome cleaning capabilities, the feature that sets this one apart is the energy savings. It uses eight times less electricity than the closest model.View at Amazon
If you want an easy-to-use robotic pool cleaner that will scrub every inch of your in-ground pool, this may be a great choice for you. That is, as long as you don’t mind spending nearly a thousand dollars on it.
You can save money by getting a cheaper one if you can settle for a clean that isn’t quite as good and a cleaner that may have to be set back on its feet occasionally. But if you’re willing to pay for the best, the Dolphin Quantum will offer you the best value for your money.