Table of Contents Show
Are you at crossroads with the Weber Performer Premium vs Deluxe? Are you searching for the most advanced one that best serves your interests? Both charcoals are compared; they have plenty of similar features and few differences.
The most significant difference between these kitchen appliances is the Touch-and-GO gas ignition unit, which is only available in the Deluxe Weber Kettle grill. Thus, Deluxe has a higher price tag than Premium.
There is a glut of charcoal grills in the market, but we settled for these two after in-depth research on customer reviews and testing. Keep reading for more insight into these top-of-the-line kettle grills.
The Difference between Weber Performer Deluxe & Premium
The significant difference between the Weber Performer Premium and Deluxe is the electronic ignition system. Deluxe kettle grill sports a switch under the LCD removable backlit cook timer, enabling you to light up briquettes without a matchstick. A propane fuel bottle enables the ignitions.
Apart from the ignition unit, the Deluxe Weber Performer charcoal kettle barbecue is available with the Gourmet BBQ Unit Sear grate. This cast iron porcelain-enameled sear grate generates professional sear marks while preventing the meat’s juice and flavor from leaking out. Although these extra features come at a higher cost, they’re definitely worth it.
Weber Performer Deluxe vs. Premium Comparison
Weber Performer Deluxe Charcoal GrillView at Amazon
Deluxe Charcoal grill offers the same cooking space as Weber’s initial kettle but features an in-built workbench that makes it stand out from the rest. With its 363 Sq” cooking area, you can cook thirteen burgers at a go. The porcelain-enameled bowl stretches 22″ in diameter.
You can turn on this bad boy using the Touch-and-go switch that’s fueled by the removable propane bottle. The hinged grate allows easy charcoal refill thanks to the two baskets that are moved to generate cooler and hotter zones.
- This grill gets quite hot, but thanks to the new nylon lid grasp that protects your fingers against the heat when closing or lifting the lead.
- It has a Gourmet BBQ system, a two-section grate unit that enables you to remove the hinged, steel-plated grate and swap it for a glut of add-on cooking platforms like a pizza stone, griddle, or wok.
- Unlike single-basket charcoal grills, the Deluxe Weber grill has dual aluminum baskets for indirect grilling.
- It also has sports aluminum vents and an ashtray.
What Customers are Saying
Most consumers love the Performer Deluxe, saying it prepares excellent food regardless of whether you’re BBQing or grilling. It’s highly versatile, durable, and looks attractive – other buyers like the instant-ignition propane feature, easy-to-detach ash catcher, and the metal tabletop.
- Deluxe offers the merits of the best charcoal grill; for instance, it’s simple to install.
- The Touch-and-Go feature enables you to begin cooking quickly, unlike other traditional charcoal grills.
- It spots the CharBin vessel for storing charcoal so you can easily access charcoal.
- The grill is incredibly practical, with a pleasant appearance. It offers plenty of workspace for prepping your meals.
- Its timer is not suitable for folks who do slower and longer grills since it only reaches 99 minutes. This Isn’t a big issue, especially if you buy another timer.
- The lid thermometer is also permanently attached to the grill, thus may not give a precise reading.
The bottom line compared to another
Although the Weber Deluxe Charcoal Grill might be more costly than other options in the market, it has many features that deliver a great and convenient cooking experience.
Its top-tier grilling performance enables both novices and experts to cook tender, succulent steaks and kebabs naturally. If you like cooking with charcoal, this is a good grill for your backyard.View at Amazon
Weber Performer Premium Charcoal GrillView at Amazon
Among the top charcoal grills within the Weber Performer line is the Weber Premium kettle grill. It’s table-mounted and is easy and convenient to use. It makes similar bells and whistles as the Deluxe, such as the Gourmet BBQ Unit.
Despite its compact design, it’s large enough to prepare an elaborate meal for your family or an entire Thanksgiving turkey. What sets the Premium apart from its rivals is its 22″ standard kettle that works as an enclosed ashtray, thus allowing easy clean-ups.
- It’s available with the Gourmet BBQ unit cooking grates.
- The grated and steel-plated grate comes with a detachable center component that you can swap out with various accessories to add more versatility to the grill, such as pizza stone and wok.
- This Weber model has a digital cooking timer that reaches 99 minutes and the same tuck-away lid holder, one-touch clean-up system, and all-weather wheels as the Performer Deluxe.
What Customers are Saying
Buyers are happy about this appliance’s impressive durability and say that gaslighting and charcoal storage are convenient. It’s not heavy and features plastic and metal construction. Other buyers loved the Premium’s awesome looks and great quality.
They also pointed out that it’s easy to assemble, and the extra thermometer is handy when preparing slow-cooking meals such as roasts, chickens, and ribs.
- It comes with a bigger flexible multi-function cart with a metalwork platform and three tool hooks to offer you more convenience when cooking.
- The inbuilt detachable LCD backlit cook timer is very helpful when preparing bbq dishes.
- The CharBIn under the workspace is weatherproof and convenient for keeping your briquettes.
- You can also use the CharBin as a hygienic spot for disposing of refuse to prevent litter from flooding your backyard area.
- The Performer premium delivers a wide cooking surface of 2552cm-square.
- Although the grill attains temperatures of more than 470 degrees Fahrenheit, the lid thermometer does not give accurate readings.
- The removable cooking timer only reaches a 99-minute cook time which may not be suitable for slow or long grilling.
The bottom line compared to another
The Performer premium is less expensive than the Deluxe and more compact. It provides several grilling possibilities thanks to its hinged grates that allow you to add charcoal as you cook. It’s also easy to clean due to its one-touch clean-up system; thus, it’s ideal for your backyard.View at Amazon
Insights and Takeaway
The top-quality frame and instant ignition unit are reflected in the grill’s price. If you’re on a tight budget and don’t need a gas igniter, you can settle for the Performer Premium charcoal grill.
If you are searching for an autonomous ignition and various colors, opt for the Weber Deluxe. Both grills are excellent add-ons to your backyard. With similar features and cooking space, they both offer tasty and high-end BBQ. You won’t go wrong with Weber Products since they are reliable and internationally recognized.