Table of Contents Show
- 8 Best Portable Butane Gas Stoves:
- 1. Gas ONE Propane or Butane Stove GS-3400P – Best overall
- 2. Coleman Portable Butane Stove with Carrying Case
- 3. GAS ONE NEW 10,000 BTU CSA List Portable Butane Gas Stove with Carrying Case
- 4. Iwatani Cassette Grill TATSUJIN Slim Ⅲ CB-SS-50 – Best design
- 5. GasOne GS-8300 – Camp Stove Compact Butane Stove with Carrying Case
- 6. Iwatani Cassette Feu Butane VA-30 Camp Stove
- 7. Vulcanus MS-8000 Mini Butane Gas Stove
- 8. Iwatani America EPR Cassette Feu-EcoPremium Portable Butane Stove Cooktop
- Considerations When Choosing a Portable Butane Stove
- Features to Look for in a Butane Stove
Offering safety, convenience, and efficiency, a butane stove is a great choice for camping, tailgating, or an emergency preparedness kit. Not only are they easy to transport and store, but they offer an easy-to-use and powerful cooking source that uses colorless and odorless gas.
In my experience cooking in an RV, having a versatile stove that is safe and easy to travel with makes the trip so much more enjoyable. Plus. they are so much easy to carry and set up since they are lighter and smaller than other stoves that use different types of fuels. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best compact butane stove for your next camping trip.
8 Best Portable Butane Gas Stoves:
1. Gas ONE Propane or Butane Stove GS-3400P – Best overall
If you are looking for a small butane stove, check out the GasOne 3400P Portable Butane and Propane Camp Stove. Not only is it compact and portable, but it also gives you a dual fuel option to either use a 16.4-ounce propane tank or an 8-ounce butane canister. The included propane converter regulator allows you to have the option.
Also included with the GS-3400P is a Piezoelectric ignition that gets rid of your need for matches or lighters. It comes equipped with an automatic safety shut-off device that can detect an irregular flow of gas for your safety. And, the built-in cartridge ejection system will eject the butane canister if it detects an irregular gas flow.
Easy to use, the GS-3400P features an adjustable heat dial to allow you to get just the right heat for your meal. This is also a very portable camp stove that stores quickly and easily and has a small footprint. It also comes with a carrying case for easy portability.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space, which is great when you are out camping
- You can use two different types of fuel making it very versatile
- It is really easy to use and cooks great food
- It’s not very durable
- The hose is hard to position
Read Related Article: Pizza Peels
2. Coleman Portable Butane Stove with Carrying Case
If you are looking for a cheap butane stove, the Coleman Portable Butane Stove is great on-the-go cooking that comes with a carrying case. This is a very portable butane stove that can fit pans up to 10-inches. Perfect for camping or traveling, this is an easy and quick stove to set up on any outdoor tabletop.
Giving you up to 7,650 BTUs of power, this stove will last you up to 1 ¼ hour on one 8.8-ounce gas cylinder. The Coleman Portable Butane Stove also comes with an adjustable burner that gives you accurate temperature control along with a large base for stability, which is helpful when stirring. The durable grate is porcelain-coated making it easy to clean while the aluminum burner is rustproof, so it will last you for years.
This is an easy-to-clean stove that comes with an Instastart ignition for matchless lighting. With a rotating dial, you can easily control your burners while the durable grates can be taken off for thorough cleaning.
- It is easy to use and clean
- You don’t have to worry about matches and lighters
- You can use it on a tabletop, which is super handy when camping
- Not good for really cold weather
- A good breeze can blow the flame out
Read Related Article: Pasta Makers
3. GAS ONE NEW 10,000 BTU CSA List Portable Butane Gas Stove with Carrying Case
The Gas ONE Portable Gas Stove is powerful and sleek. This lightweight product is one of the best indoor butane stoves on the market and features user-friendly controls, an adjustable flame, and textured grates for added stability. It also features 10,000 BTU making it perfect for a camping trip.
Featuring an enamel-coated drip pan and a metal body, this gas stove will give you an enjoyable and easy cooking experience. This is an iconic stove that is a great addition to your emergency kit or for traveling. It only weighs 3.3 pounds, it is easy to carry, and even comes with a portable carrying case.
Equipped with an automatic safety shut-off device, this installed system can shut off the gas flow in the event that an irregular pressure or flow is detected. The Gas ONE Portable Gas Stove features a built-in piezo ignition that won’t lock the canister unless the dial is in the off position. This guarantees that the butane can is correctly set and will lock the canister into place to stop unwanted leakage.
- This is a really lightweight stove that is easy to carry in a backpack
- It is easy to use and comes with a nice case
- The safety features make you feel more comfortable using it
- The shield is a bit flimsy
- The igniting part can get messed up if something overflows
Read Related Article: Paper Towel Holders
4. Iwatani Cassette Grill TATSUJIN Slim Ⅲ CB-SS-50 – Best design
Stylish and functional, this compact butane stove comes with a vertical flame outlet burner. This is one of the thinnest stoves in the Fu series with a Gotoku that can reach a height of up to 74mm. it includes a large and simple to turn ignition knob along with an easy to clean top plate
Featuring a continuous burning time of 70 minutes, the Iwatani Cassette Grill comes with a Piezoelectric ignition system as well as safety devices that include a pressure-sensing safety device. It is also equipped with a removable container system, a waste fire system, and a magnet system.
Made with heat-resistant ABS resin, the Iwatani Cassette Grill Slim features heat-resistant aluminum die casting. It measures 338 x 272 x 84 mm making it super compact and very portable.
- It’s pretty thin, so it’s easy to carry in a backpack
- This is easy to clean and use a stove
- It’s made with heat-resistant materials and an easy to use ignition
- It’s too narrow and low
- The top part is too cheaply made
Read Related Article: Panini Presses
5. GasOne GS-8300 – Camp Stove Compact Butane Stove with Carrying Case
This portable and foldable camp stove come with a butane camping burner and auto-ignition. Compact and lightweight, the GasOne GS-8300 Camp Stove is an easy-to-travel with a camp stove that also comes with a carrying case. Made with easy to maintain enamel coating, this camp stove is made with quality material and a versatile design.
Featuring an automatic safety shut-off, the GasOne Camp Stove will automatically shut off the gas flow if it detects an irregular pressure or flow. The built-in knob requires a push and turn movement to turn on the stove that helps to stop any accidental operation.
With its foldable body structure, this camp stove was created to be taken camping or to travel with. It’s about the size of a 32-ounce bottle of water, which makes it easy to store or take anywhere. Even if you don’t plan to travel, you can set it up at home on the porch or even use it to tailgate since it has a small footprint.
Featuring a robust brass burner head, the GasOne Camp Stove has an enamel coating that is easy to clean and ventilation holes that keep the stove reliable and safe to use. With its thoughtful design, you can fold it down easily for storage while it still gives you enough strength in the product to support pots and pans when it is fully set up.
Even though it has a compact size, it still has a lot of power and is easy to set up. The GasOne GS-8300 gives you 8,000 BTUs and set up requires minimal directions. Once the pieces are extended out and the butane canister inserted, you are ready to get cooking.
- You get a good amount of power for a portable stove
- It’s super easy and fast to set up
- It’s tiny and easy to carry with you camping
- It doesn’t come with a windscreen
- You go through a lot of fuel cans
Read Related Article: Olive Oil Sprayers
6. Iwatani Cassette Feu Butane VA-30 Camp Stove
Lightweight and portable, the Iwatani Cassette VA-30 Portable Butane Stove gives you 12,000 BTUs of heat that are high and consistent. Featuring a built-in windbreaker, you get flame protection from the wind for maximum safety and performance. Quickly cooking food at a consistent level, this portable stove is easy to use and maintain and perfect for backpacking, tailgating, camping, or your emergency kit.
With a pressure sensing device, the Iwatani Cassette Portable Stove will shut off the flow of gas if the pressure in the butane canister rises to an unsafe level. The heat panel allows the stove to maintain consistent power as it consumes fuel giving you the most consistent output for the life of the butane canister. And, the Piezoelectric ignition is easy to use and features a magnetic locking system that guarantees no leaks.
- It is easy to use and has a great safety feature
- This is the perfect stove for camping
- The windbreak feature is super handy
- The case is pretty cheap and flimsy
Read Related Article: Nakiri Knives
7. Vulcanus MS-8000 Mini Butane Gas Stove
This butane propane camping stove is portable. Measuring 9.6x8x3.9-inches, this gas stove is explosion-proof and fits any stove that is designed for Butane gas. Providing up to two hours of use for each canister, this gas stove saves you cooking time by allowing you to cook simultaneously.
Both the tripods and soup pedestal are constructed of high-quality stainless steel. The Vulcanus also features a countersink release vent and a large round windscreen that was made to be safe and create a stable cooking environment, even when it’s windy. Equipped with a plastic case for easy portability, it also comes with a gas leak prevention device, a gas pressure exceeding device, an automatic safety switch, and individual control knobs.
- Nice and durable stove made with good quality materials
- You get a long time to cook with each canister
- The double burners are handy and make cooking go faster
Read Related Article: Muffin Pans
Providing 12,000 BTUs, the Iwatani ZA-3HP Portable Stove Burner features improved fuel efficiency with its heat panel that maintains consistent power as it consumes fuel. This is an easy-to-use stove burner that can cook and boil water quickly and consistently. It also comes with an automatic safety stop and a carrying case for easy portability.
Using advanced technology, the featured heat panel provides the most consistent output for the life of the fuel canister. The stove is also allowed to use the entire butane can without leaving any residual fuel to assure safe use and better economy. The Piezoelectric ignition system comes with a fuel locking feature that helps to ensure no leakage.
The Iwatani ZA-3HP uses an advanced regulator design that features a pressure sensing device that shuts off the flow of gas if the pressure in the canister rises to an unsafe level. This reliable and lightweight stove burner is perfect for your emergency kit, backpacking, camping, or tailgating. The included carrying case makes portability and storage quick and easy.
- This stove has great safety features, which gives you peace of mind
- It is super easy to carry and store
- It has a lot of power for a portable stove
- The legs are slippery, so it won’t stay on a countertop
- The knob is super sensitive
Read Related Article: Magnetic Knife Holders
Considerations When Choosing a Portable Butane Stove
Advantages of a Butane Stove:
- Butane canisters tend to be smaller than other power sources
- Butane can burn cleaner, longer, and hotter
- They are easy to clean
- They are safe and inexpensive
- Butane stoves are lightweight and easy to carry
- Butane is more energy-efficient than other types of power
Disadvantages of a Butane Stove:
- Butane stoves need to be used in a well-ventilated area
- Cold weather causes butane to not burn efficiently
- Without safety features, butane can be dangerous
Features to Look for in a Butane Stove
If you have a dual burner, you can increase your versatility and your cook time. When you can cook two things at once, you can get your meal done faster. You can also grill on two burners since you can place a grill pan over both of the burners.
Keep in mind though that a large stove with dual burners can be heavy and hard to carry in your backpack. If you are worried about portability, a single burner stove may be a better fit. But if you are using it in an RV, a two-burner model may be better.
The winner of the best butane gas stoves roundup is the Gas ONE Propane or Butane Stove GS-3400P. Compact and lightweight, the Gas ONE Propane or Butane Stove GS-3400P is easy to use and travel with a camp stove that also comes with a carrying case. Made with easy to maintain and clean enamel coating, this camp stove is made with quality material and a versatile design.
With its foldable body structure, this camp stove was created to be taken camping or to travel with since it’s only about the size of a 32-ounce bottle of water. With its thoughtful design, you can fold it down easily for storage while it still gives you enough strength in the product to support pots and pans when it is fully set up.
Gas ONE Propane or Butane Stove GS-3400P gives you 8,000 BTUs and set up requires minimal directions. Once the pieces are extended out and the butane canister inserted, you are ready to get cooking. The definite winner of the best butane gas stoves roundup is the Gas ONE Propane or Butane Stove GS-3400P hands down.